GDT: HFBoards | 3/1/21 | Pinch and a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Interesting to watch via NHL.com without video. Wild getting goals in quick bursts

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Shots are even but man. Oilers haven't had more than 1 or 2 dangerous chances all game. All of their shots are from the outside. Leafs meanwhile have several good chances from the netfront and slot that didn't go in. Hyman's backhand miss and Marner's post.

I dont even think the Oilers are playing all that badly. Overall play is in the Leafs zone. It's just that Toronto's counter is so deadly. All of their breakaways look like they could score at any time.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think the Leafs have looked more impressive these last 2 games without Matthews than they did with him in the lineup in all the previous games against the Oilers.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The leafs have been good defensively all year barring a game or two, but they seem to be learning and progressing towards a solid defensive team. Its nice to see.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think the Leafs have looked more impressive these last 2 games without Matthews than they did with him in the lineup in all the previous games against the Oilers.
I call that the star player factor, when teams have a legit guy like McDavid, Matthews, Mack etc they can slack off a lil expecting the star to make it happen, you take said star out of the line up i find the team tends to give that lil bit more

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Darnell Nurse is looking like a 1D tonight
Nurse has taken some big steps this year. When klefbom comes back he should solidify that d core. They need a real solid number 2 rhd who can shut things down and complete good outlet passes. They have money to spend next season as well.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
RNH is a complimentary player, he’s not someone who your want to be leading a line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad