GDT: HFBoards | 3/1/21 | Pinch and a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
This and the Nylander goal is straight on Koskinen.

Well the Nylander goal was also because the D didn't get back after the face off as well but he should have had it too.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Wonder when the Leafs D will start getting some respect. So long they were typed as poor defensively but they've really improved.

Reactions: binop7

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
The Oilers are making the Leafs look like the Niedermayer/Stevens/Brodeur Devils.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Is McDavid injured or something? We've improved defensively, but we're not that good.

So far he hasn’t had a lot of space to work. The Leafs are tracking him really well. Keeping him in front at all times. I don’t expect that to last much longer but 4 periods so far

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So far he hasn’t had a lot of space to work. The Leafs are tracking him really well. Keeping him in front at all times. I don’t expect that to last much longer but 4 periods so far

There was that one chance he was in the slot he had 3 Leafs with sticks on him lol. He couldn't settle the puck to do anything.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
Is McDavid injured or something? We've improved defensively, but we're not that good.

I'll say this, the guy REALLY has to stop trying to deke so many guys. It works from time to time, but players are starting to find ways to close him out. Because of his speed, he's always the first in the zone, meaning that if they stick three or so people at the blue line and close on him, he rarely has room to move. It's happening in pretty much all games now.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They should revamp the playoff format to add a play in round and the Leafs should be the only team allowed from the Scotia Timbit division in that play in round.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Ha ha....Stupid Flames.....nice team you got there....I almost feel sorry for you guys.....the imperative word being almost!!!

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I'll say this, the guy REALLY has to stop trying to deke so many guys. It works from time to time, but players are starting to find ways to close him out. Because of his speed, he's always the first in the zone, meaning that if they stick three or so people at the blue line and close on him, he rarely has room to move. It's happening in pretty much all games now.

He looks like he's playing by himself out there tonight.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

You'd think that such a generational player would have the IQ to adapt and use his linemates more. His physical gifts and processing speed are way ahead of Crosby's but I don't think his macro game sense is particularly close to Sid's level.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You have to think if the Oilers traded for a guy like Ekholm how much it would improve their team. You look at how much Muzzin has solidified the Leafs D and really been an influence. Bear and Larson don't look very good. Adding in a top pairing D who can play that steady game can really slot guys in properly.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The 3 goal lead is the most dangerous lead in the NHL so...

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If you can keep McDavid from getting up to speed through the neutral zone it makes him a lil easier to contain. He can and will still burn any little mistake though.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

This is over simplifying it in a big way. He wouldn't have the points he has on the season if it was this easy to shut him down. The Leafs have done a really nice job in the last game and a period and deserve some props, but it's not that easy.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

He needs to start moving the puck, do give and goes so he can create more skating for himself. Problem is, his linemates suck. So he's forcing the play to create that space. Guy needs another player that can not only skate at his level but has the ability to make skill plays. Drai can be that guy but then that makes there's zero secondary scoring. Sorry, but Pulju and Nuge just aren't good enough to create more space for him when there is none. Even Wayne Gretzky had help.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
The oilers go to goalie is Mike Smith. That's a major problem for that team. Kosk is terrible.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
He needs to start moving the puck, do give and goes so he can create more skating for himself. Problem is, his linemates suck. So he's forcing the play to create that space. Guy needs another player that can not only skate at his level but has the ability to make skill plays. Drai can be that guy but then that makes there's zero secondary scoring. Sorry, but Pulju and Nuge just aren't good enough to create more space for him when there is none. Even Wayne Gretzky had help.

Puljujarvi is doing great with him, although Nuge seems to kill plays a lot. He need to be off that line eventually, it's getting itresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad