HFBoards' 2018 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There's some really great players still around. So there's a number of guys who come off the board shortly, who you could legitimately argue are steals 80+ picks in.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
cgf-picks are always the picks that stand the test of time best. It's un-cgf picks that are more likely to look silly in hindsight.

And who have I "reached" on in this draft? I haven't even made a cgf-style 'quality over perceived draft value' pick in this draft...yet. I even resisted taking the GOAT, when I settled for the croatian Netzer-knockoff with my 1st instead :-|

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha, an OM player and you want my vote??? :D
Nah seriously, he had an amazing season, but his Newcastle stay will probably determine what most of this board will think of him.

Reactions: cgf and Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sorry lads, phone died earlier and I was traveling.

#89 is available and I can answer any offers all night long baby!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sanchez pick is the one that's given me the most pause so far. I like him and rate him in a draft scenario and in one case even in real life ahead of some of the other guys taken ahead of him.

cgf-picks are always the picks that stand the test of time best. It's un-cgf picks that are more likely to look silly in hindsight.

And who have I "reached" on in this draft? I haven't even made a cgf-style 'quality over perceived draft value' pick in this draft...yet. I even resisted taking the GOAT, when I settled for the croatian Netzer-knockoff with my 1st instead :-|

I was largely joking. I wasn't referring to you reaching in this draft at all. That'll be your next pick. :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As much as I love the players I traded up for I hate spending so much time between draft picks. :(

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really surprised that Dele lasted so long.

I know he's British and all that, so he gets an overrated rep, but his stats last season were actually very good.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I'm peeved with the Kimmich pick, I thought people were gonna keep sleeping on him because of his poor World Cup. He woulda looked nice as the silky DM anchoring a diamond with Koke, Eriksen, and Rakitic.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I know this was the case earlier in the season and I think it still is, but no other LB in the big five leagues has more assists than Jordi Alba in something like the last five seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad