HFBlues Fantasy Hockey *Updated for ‘19-‘20 Season

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Out of curiosity, is it just regular IR or will it it be IR+ ? With IR+ you can put players listed as DTD on there, where as regular IR they have to be listed as being out/on actual IR. I always liked IR+ because sometimes players end up being listed as DTD for a week at a time.
I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. I changed it.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Just a reminder, the Eastern conference draft is set to start at 6:00 PM central, the draft room opens up approximately 15 minutes before that. I believe in previous posts I said the wrong time, my apologies. I didn't realize that all the times were set to the pacific time zone.

Last edited:

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Just as a reminder for everyone in the west, the draft is tonight at 7PM CDT. Hope to see everyone there.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
wow i had 2nd pick and it auto drafts ovechkin instead of sid.

well i dont want him on my team so ovechkin is open to trade everyone.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Complete rookie question:

Can't seem to find a rules run-down....?
I had the same problem. I found what Yahoo terms "rules" but it still doesn't tell me things like: do you set your line-up daily or weekly? Can you get more than 3 goalie starts?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Complete rookie question:

Can't seem to find a rules run-down....?

I had the same problem. I found what Yahoo terms "rules" but it still doesn't tell me things like: do you set your line-up daily or weekly? Can you get more than 3 goalie starts?
If you have the yahoo fantasy app, in the bottom right it should say league, which takes you to the standings and what not. In the upper right you can click on settings and then league settings. Hope this helps.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
If you have the yahoo fantasy app, in the bottom right it should say league, which takes you to the standings and what not. In the upper right you can click on settings and then league settings. Hope this helps.
I'm using the web site rather than the app, but it has the same links. However, the league settings link still doesn't answer those questions.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If you click on the League tab, some more tabs below should appear. On the far right, there should be a Settings tab.

To answer your questions, you need at least three goalie appearances before the end of the week in order for your goalie stats to count. If, for example, you only have two goalie appearances in a week, you will automatically lose all three goalie categories. You can have as many appearances as you want.

At the moment, it is set to change your lineup weekly every Monday. It doesn't let me change this because we already drafted (and I didn't notice it until you said something). However, I have contacted support and they should be able to change it to daily for us. I'll let you know when they fix it.

Edit: This is for the East by the way. I can’t speak for @BuLLeT1291

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
If you click on the League tab, some more tabs below should appear. On the far right, there should be a Settings tab.

To answer your questions, you need at least three goalie appearances before the end of the week in order for your goalie stats to count. If, for example, you only have two goalie appearances in a week, you will automatically lose all three goalie categories. You can have as many appearances as you want.

At the moment, it is set to change your lineup weekly every Monday. It doesn't let me change this because we already drafted (and I didn't notice it until you said something). However, I have contacted support and they should be able to change it to daily for us. I'll let you know when they fix it.

Edit: This is for the East by the way. I can’t speak for @BuLLeT1291
How are points tallied? You mentioned winning categories. Are we fighting to get the most in each category, or do the stats somehow convent into points?

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
How are points tallied? You mentioned winning categories. Are we fighting to get the most in each category, or do the stats somehow convent into points?

I haven't actually looked at the league's rules to know for sure, but how it usually works is that you go head-to-head against another team for the week. Whoever leads a stat category, wins that category and receives a "point" for it. Whoever has the most "points" (stat category wins) wins that matchup. In the case of week 1, that person would then be 1-0.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That would have been good to know before the draft. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find that info on the Yahoo site.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
That would have been good to know before the draft. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find that info on the Yahoo site.

Yeah there is really no good way to figure out everything in one place. Settings just says head-to-head and lists the scoring categories. You then would have to go to the matchups page and see the setup.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I haven't actually looked at the league's rules to know for sure, but how it usually works is that you go head-to-head against another team for the week. Whoever leads a stat category, wins that category and receives a "point" for it. Whoever has the most "points" (stat category wins) wins that matchup. In the case of week 1, that person would then be 1-0.
Actually, I believe each stat represents a “game,” so if you win 7, lose 2 and tie 1, you’re 7-2-1 after one week.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad