HFBlues Fantasy Hockey *Updated for ‘19-‘20 Season

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
if you decide to add more teams let me know it said the league is full./..
I've started up a new league, with the same rules and everything. Join here: Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Eastern Conference

This way we won't have a league with 20 teams (that's no fun) and instead we'll have 2 leagues with ~10 teams.

@BuLLeT1291 If you want you can rename your league to HFBlues Western Conference, as mine is the Eastern Conference. Let's see if we can fill up both to 10 or 12.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
I've started up a new league, with the same rules and everything. Join here: Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Eastern Conference

This way we won't have a league with 20 teams (that's no fun) and instead we'll have 2 leagues with ~10 teams.

@BuLLeT1291 If you want you can rename your league to HFBlues Western Conference, as mine is the Eastern Conference. Let's see if we can fill up both to 10 or 12.

Interested in joining if I can remember my Yahoo password!

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Didn't know if I'd have enough time for a league last year, regretted not joining in week 1. Still was on the fence this year and missed out of a spot in the West, but listening to the game right now got me really pumped for (fantasy) hockey and decided to join.

Who Shattenkirk's Bed has joined the east.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
It looks like it added a team twice for one of the guys, I removed the extra team so we are back to 11/12 in the western conference. Next person who wants to join, make sure you join the west so we can fill that up and start working on the east.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
It looks like it added a team twice for one of the guys, I removed the extra team so we are back to 11/12 in the western conference. Next person who wants to join, make sure you join the west so we can fill that up and start working on the east.

Multiple Scorgasms has joined the league.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Any way we can move the draft from 5PM on the 30th; I’ll be at Capital One watching the Blues and Caps.

EDIT: Nevermind, somehow my account changed to PST. Guess I’ll be drafting on my flight to StL.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Well it looks like another team backed out because we are back at 11 of 12 in the western conference. Make sure the next person who wants in joins the west. Then maybe we can start adding to the eastern conference league.

Join my league "HFBlues Western Conference"

Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Western Conference
That was me backing out because I started the Eastern one.

Here's the link for the 2nd league for those still looking for a spot: Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Eastern Conference

Plenty of spots remaining.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
So the west has been finalized and the draft order has been randomized. You can verify that it was only randomized once through the commissioner updates section. The draft for the west is as follows:

1) I BLEED BLUE!
2) Tim's Top-Notch Team
3) Pieper's Team
4) The Flake
5) Illinois Gators
6) Team SPEAR-IT
7) Bozak Schwartzman
8) Parayko's Pooch
9) Adrien Brody's Nose
10) Simon's Team
11) Schenn My Schwartz
12) Multiple Scorgasms

The draft is snaking as usual so it will go 1-12 and then 12-1 every round.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Draft is currently set for next SUN SEPT. 30TH @ 7pm CDT

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Still looking for teams in the second league! Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Eastern Conference

If nobody else is interested, we might just have to make it one league. I expected there to be ~20 teams like we had last year, but it appears we have fewer people interested this year (or they are already in other leagues).

@BuLLeT1291, if we somehow reach 8 teams in my league (it looks unlikely at this point), would you be fine with having 2 teams migrate over to my league so we have 10 and 10? People can volunteer to switch over if we get to that point, or the 11th and 12th pick teams can switch over and see if they get better luck in another randomized draft order. Again, this is the more unlikely scenario.

If we can't find any more teams, Shwabeal and I can just join your league and we can roll with 1 league of 14 teams. I can be set to pick last and Shwabeal can pick 13th so you don't have to re-randomize the draft order and screw people over.

We've still got a week so I'll see if I can't reach 8 before, say, Friday.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Still looking for teams in the second league! Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Eastern Conference

If nobody else is interested, we might just have to make it one league. I expected there to be ~20 teams like we had last year, but it appears we have fewer people interested this year (or they are already in other leagues).

@BuLLeT1291, if we somehow reach 8 teams in my league (it looks unlikely at this point), would you be fine with having 2 teams migrate over to my league so we have 10 and 10? People can volunteer to switch over if we get to that point, or the 11th and 12th pick teams can switch over and see if they get better luck in another randomized draft order. Again, this is the more unlikely scenario.

If we can't find any more teams, Shwabeal and I can just join your league and we can roll with 1 league of 14 teams. I can be set to pick last and Shwabeal can pick 13th so you don't have to re-randomize the draft order and screw people over.

We've still got a week so I'll see if I can't reach 8 before, say, Friday.

Yeah absolutely buddy. That shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: HighNote

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Yeah absolutely buddy. That shouldn't be a problem.
Hey, would you mind changing the thread title to let people know we're still looking for more teams? Not everyone skims through every thread so I'm sure there are people that don't know there are plenty of spots open if they're interested. I might also look to Reddit to see if there is anyone interested later in the week.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Hey, would you mind changing the thread title to let people know we're still looking for more teams? Not everyone skims through every thread so I'm sure there are people that don't know there are plenty of spots open if they're interested. I might also look to Reddit to see if there is anyone interested later in the week.

Just now saw this. How do you edit the thread title?

Edit: Got it!

League link is: Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, HFBlues Eastern Conference

Reactions: HighNote

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Is the Eastern Champ going to face the Western Champ in some form? Or they just get tickets to the SCF together?
My idea was that the winner of each conference would create a lineup with their players and then the rest of the board would vote which roster they think would win a 7 game series. In the end, both teams won their respective leagues, but it would be fun to decide sort of a Cup champ.

This is if we are able to reach at least 20 teams though. I believe we're currently at 15, with 12 in the West and 3 in the East (if the East reaches 8, we've agreed that 2 Western teams would switch to the East to make 2 leagues of 10 teams). The draft times are scheduled for Sunday, so we've only a few more days to fill those 5 spots.

I've also wondered if everyone would be okay with doing 2 leagues of 8 teams if we can only reach 16 teams. I find that 10-12 is the perfect number for teams, but 8 is still fun because you get teams with more star players instead of 3rd liners and backup goalies. It's definitely better than 16 teams, that's too many for a 1 year league in my opinion. Thoughts, @BuLLeT1291 ?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
My idea was that the winner of each conference would create a lineup with their players and then the rest of the board would vote which roster they think would win a 7 game series. In the end, both teams won their respective leagues, but it would be fun to decide sort of a Cup champ.

This is if we are able to reach at least 20 teams though. I believe we're currently at 15, with 12 in the West and 3 in the East (if the East reaches 8, we've agreed that 2 Western teams would switch to the East to make 2 leagues of 10 teams). The draft times are scheduled for Sunday, so we've only a few more days to fill those 5 spots.

I've also wondered if everyone would be okay with doing 2 leagues of 8 teams if we can only reach 16 teams. I find that 10-12 is the perfect number for teams, but 8 is still fun because you get teams with more star players instead of 3rd liners and backup goalies. It's definitely better than 16 teams, that's too many for a 1 year league in my opinion. Thoughts, @BuLLeT1291 ?
I assume there is a championship game for each league. Why not just make it a 4 way game where you compare points across leagues between the 2 winners to declare the ultimate winner? It would make that final week extra important, but you get a conference winner and an overall winner as well (without the foibles of voting).

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I assume there is a championship game for each league. Why not just make it a 4 way game where you compare points across leagues between the 2 winners to declare the ultimate winner? It would make that final week extra important, but you get a conference winner and an overall winner as well (without the foibles of voting).
Yeah that could work I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad