Salary Cap: HFB Penguins: More Kessel Threads than You Can Shake a Hotdog at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Five of our top six are Malkin, Crosby, Hornqvist, Kessel and Perron . . . and we are worried about that sixth spot?

For once we can be happy to have a loaded to six, even if the sixth spot is filled with this guy

fire8.img_assist_custom.jpg

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Five of our top six are Malkin, Crosby, Hornqvist, Kessel and Perron . . . and we are worried about that sixth spot?

For once we can be happy to have a loaded to six, even if the sixth spot is filled with this guy

I'm more worried about the 5th spot thanks to MJ.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
This is the biggest problem with the likes of Kunitz, Scuderi and Dupuis still on the roster, the coaching staff can't be trusted. Honourable mention to Sutter's much lauded upside and potential. It's probably going to be

Kunitz/Dupuis-Crosby-Hornqvist/Kessel
Kunitz/Dupuis-Malkin-Hornqvist/Kessel
Plotnikov/Bennett-Sutter-Perron
Plotnikov/Bennett-X-X/Bennett if he's lucky

Maatta-Letang
Pouliot/Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Pouliot/Dumoulin

Look, we'll all look as dumb as others about Perron, if Kunitz does rebound and is an excellent third wheel with Sid/Malkin and Kessel. Maybe playing opposite of a RW who can carry the puck like Kessel will allow him to get back to the type of player he was before.

I doubt it, but we all know he's going to be in the top 6 if he's staying. Plotnikov is an unknown. Dupuis may not last very long. And I have a bad feeling about Perron's place on this team.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to bring a sign to the rookie camp asking Johnston to not play Perron on the 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad