HF Wrestling Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yeah I was surprised he took so long, I would have taken him but have no spot for him. I assumed he was going to be paired up with Shelley later on.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah I was surprised he took so long, I would have taken him but have no spot for him. I assumed he was going to be paired up with Shelley later on.

I was never going to pick him. Shelley is great, Sabin I have zero use for.

Always enjoyable to see the Big Wiggle. Smiley is one of the reasons that WCW's undercard was so good.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Normal Smiley is a stud. I remember one time the 6-year-old me thought it'd be a good idea to do his taunt in the dressing room of our gymnasium and some kid in my class looked at me weird :laugh:

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I actually picked Smiley this morning until I realized my pick was to be skipped. Luckily I deleted it in time before anyone saw him and got any Smiley ideas.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And we are close to the end here so no secrets left. I'm interested to hear how everyone makes their picks. For me.. I do the following:

- Gather up the last couple years big boards to see where selections are being made. This helps me the most not to double up on the same guy each year.
- Research current feuds/names im unfamiliar with in the indy scene.
- Start thinking of match styles/dream matches i'd like to see.
- Look up the PWI top wrestlers list just to look for names i've never heard of before and start researching them.

Then once I start picking, I get 4-5 names I want for an opponent and gauge where i can take them in the draft w/o reaching. I'm interested if anyone else wants to share their fun way of researching because this damn draft always makes my summer more fun.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
These are really good picks late.
Sydal is an absolute steal at this point.

Toni Storm is also a very good pick.
I think she will shoot up the draft next year...
Since she is signed to WWE.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
These are really good picks late.
Sydal is an absolute steal at this point.

Toni Storm is also a very good pick.
I think she will shoot up the draft next year...
Since she is signed to WWE.

I don't know that much about her. I needed another woman and she fit what I needed, and as you say she seems to be promising. I actually had to research for that pick because I don't know a lot about female wrestlers. Her match is supposed to be something of a frivolity but it still might as well feature some good wrestling.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So I've been playing about with the idea of doing a card using guys you lot have passed over. At first I was thinking there would be a really weak main event level match, but then I realised that there are some massive names that have been passed over so it was all good.

Then you go and take Rikidozan and kill half my main event D:

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Glad to see the Can-Am Express go. I was able to scoop them up last year. Highly underrated tag team that can work heel or white meat Babyface.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I don't know how I'll do. Admittedly I have somewhat taken the approach of "playing to win" despite my initial comments since I can't evolve my cards. Then the draft wasn't split as it was last year and as I thought it would be. Still I've got a card that in a lot ways I quite like and I've also learned about plenty guys I didn't even know about before the draft despite doing some research the last year. In fact I'm really psyched about one of my matches in particular and it won't even be my main event. At the end of the day I'm probably the most ignorant guy here when it comes to the last 10-15 years or so and I'm still enjoying it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I honestly dont know why people sit out each year. Its so much fun. Even if i lose in the first round i love voting and seeing how people built their cards up.
i'm a hot ticket commodity that people come to to help them but wait until next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad