HF Wrestling Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
GongShowWilly going cutthroat on Habsrule.

I may need a few days after the picking ends to prepare my card. I know what slot everyone goes in but I care a lot about the presentation.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
GongShowWilly going cutthroat on Habsrule.

I may need a few days after the picking ends to prepare my card. I know what slot everyone goes in but I care a lot about the presentation.

I assume he must have picked him when he jumped the gun early ? ? I didn't see his post before he deleted it
Habsrule if you need him bad let me know - I could change my pick

Reactions: CHGoalie27

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I assume he must have picked him when he jumped the gun early ? ? I didn't see his post before he deleted it

He did, but his pick was made erroneously. Your pick was fair. Wrestlers can't be reserved.

Reactions: les Habs

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

I really appreciate that but he was not a huge need. I screwed up.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Fond memories of the von Erichs for me. The heat their opponents brought and how over they were tainted my memory of how good they were until I re-watches some matches. I actually don't think they were that great in the ring. That said I think Kevin was notably better than his brothers.

Gonna take you that long to avoid defeat against the duo of myself and he who shall be named very soon???

Haha. Can't wait for the reveal. That said, while it's all subjective, looking at my card as I'm writing it up and as I've been building it nothing scares me. In fact while part of me wants to do a pre-show because I have at least one more match idea I could do at this stage, I probably won't based on what I perceive the strength of my card as the pre-show match while I think interesting would just drag it down.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Gonna take you that long to avoid defeat against the duo of myself and he who shall be named very soon???

Not a good look for a manager to try to get over on one of the actual talent.

Fond memories of the von Erichs for me. The heat their opponents brought and how over they were tainted my memory of how good they were until I re-watches some matches. I actually don't think they were that great in the ring. That said I think Kevin was notably better than his brothers.

I haven't really watched any of their in ring stuff (other than Kerry) but from what I've heard most people say that David was the best in ring. I don't really know if it's true. I did read up on the Von Erichs a few weeks ago. I of course knew about the various deaths but I hadn't read the sequence of it. I also never knew that Kerry wrestled despite losing a foot. That's pretty impressive.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I haven't really watched any of their in ring stuff (other than Kerry) but from what I've heard most people say that David was the best in ring. I don't really know if it's true. I did read up on the Von Erichs a few weeks ago. I of course knew about the various deaths but I hadn't read the sequence of it. I also never knew that Kerry wrestled despite losing a foot. That's pretty impressive.

I think it depends on what you like or how your would rate them. I think Kevin was the most versatile of the three (I'm excluding Mike and Chris here, the latter of whom I know nothing about) since he had aerial moves and was a bit more agile. David was for me the best at promos of them though (that's not saying much, but by a long ways and he could even go heel) and probably the best worker. Kerry for me was the worst in the ring of the three, but I remember him being the most over. Admittedly I saw more of Kerry and Kevin back then though, so take that for what it's worth. I'll just add though that they overused the iron claw. Oh, and this may seem odd to some, but I always thought they ranked in age from oldest to youngest David, Kerry and Kevin until I found out much later that it was really Kevin, David and Kerry.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I also forgot to mention that a knock I have on Kevin was that he oversold his a punch or a kick. Kerry too as I remember it. Every punch needed a biiiig windup.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think it depends on what you like or how your would rate them. I think Kevin was the most versatile of the three (I'm excluding Mike and Chris here, the latter of whom I know nothing about) since he had aerial moves and was a bit more agile. David was for me the best at promos of them though (that's not saying much, but by a long ways and he could even go heel) and probably the best worker. Kerry for me was the worst in the ring of the three, but I remember him being the most over. Admittedly I saw more of Kerry and Kevin back then though, so take that for what it's worth. I'll just add though that they overused the iron claw. Oh, and this may seem odd to some, but I always thought they ranked in age from oldest to youngest David, Kerry and Kevin until I found out much later that it was really Kevin, David and Kerry.

My understanding of it is that Kerry had the best look, was the best athlete and had a kind of dumb jock charisma, but he couldn't talk and wasn't great in ring. That much I have seen. I've heard David referred to as the smartest of the brothers, the best in ring worker and the best promo. It seems likely that he would have won the NWA Championship instead of Kerry had he not overdosed. Kevin from what I have heard was also a great athlete (closer to Kerry than to David) and had the most versatile ring style but didn't have a lot of drive to keep getting better. No idea about his promos. He also wrestled bare foot, which I despise. Mike never wanted to be a wrestler but was basically forced into it while Chris was physically incapable of being a wrestler despite really wanting to, which played a role in both suicides.

I haven't seen much of their territory outside of promos, generally by Michael Hayes, but I am interested in seeing more sometime. The level of fame that the Von Erichs generated from such a tiny territory was impressive.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I believe Morozov's next pick should be the final pick of the draft, if ColePens is already done that is.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
That isn't how it works. As far as I know, if we finish tonight then tomorrow after 12pm EST we can each make two picks in whatever order we want.
Was tbinking since colepens is out morozov gets the oick to finish then 2 to kick off...might have things go wuicker anyway, no? Esp with a shorter picking group...i still have picks to make not sure anyone wants them tho lol

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Was tbinking since colepens is out morozov gets the oick to finish then 2 to kick off...might have things go wuicker anyway, no? Esp with a shorter picking group...i still have picks to make not sure anyone wants them tho lol

That isn't how the free agency goes. That's just continuing the draft with two picks per turn instead of one. The free agency period will take a few days.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My understanding of it is that Kerry had the best look, was the best athlete and had a kind of dumb jock charisma, but he couldn't talk and wasn't great in ring. That much I have seen. I've heard David referred to as the smartest of the brothers, the best in ring worker and the best promo. It seems likely that he would have won the NWA Championship instead of Kerry had he not overdosed. Kevin from what I have heard was also a great athlete (closer to Kerry than to David) and had the most versatile ring style but didn't have a lot of drive to keep getting better. No idea about his promos. He also wrestled bare foot, which I despise. Mike never wanted to be a wrestler but was basically forced into it while Chris was physically incapable of being a wrestler despite really wanting to, which played a role in both suicides.

I haven't seen much of their territory outside of promos, generally by Michael Hayes, but I am interested in seeing more sometime. The level of fame that the Von Erichs generated from such a tiny territory was impressive.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. I think Kerry having the best look is somewhat debatable considering Kevin was in the picture, but they both had a better physique than David. There's a photo of the three of them with Fritz and you can see it pretty clearly. However if you watch some promos that washes away some because David had the charisma.

I have fond memories of WCCW from back in the day, but sometimes watching the videos can take the past euphoria of guys or matches and bring them back to down earth. Still a lot of guys and the matches were really over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad