OT: HF Wild Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So, remember last week when Gordon turned in 43 against me? 30 more than he's supposed to and more or less wrecked my week single handed?

Eric ****ing Decker has 51 points with 4 minutes left in the 4th, close to 40 more than he was supposed to get.

My opponent, the leagues punching bag, is now a 52% favorite.

If I lose this week I may just explode. Spend all season playing the waiver wire, making trades, building an elite team, and of course start landing opponents who have players that have career best days.

**** my life.

:laugh: Ouch. But I suppose that's true.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Unbelievable week.

Hey Generic....know that game we're playing next week that was supposed to be for the Division Title and #1 overall? Now it looks like we're playing for a god damn playoff spot.

Eric ****ing Decker. God ****ing dammit.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Once the standings go final tomorrow I'm gonna write up clinching scenarios for our division...and I guess for tread lightly too.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Unbelievable week.

Hey Generic....know that game we're playing next week that was supposed to be for the Division Title and #1 overall? Now it looks like we're playing for a god damn playoff spot.

Eric ****ing Decker. God ****ing dammit.

412TyPU.gif

Once the standings go final tomorrow I'm gonna write up clinching scenarios for our division...and I guess for tread lightly too.

So with my sudden win over the almighty Avder, does that mean I'm back in the playoff hunt? :sarcasm:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Okay, so, just went through the standings, and I think this is every scenario for this week. If someone finds another one, let me know and I will add it to the list. Talk about a ****ing close race. Division 2 is to the NHL Western Conference as Division 1 is to the NHL Eastern Conference.

Division 1
Tread Lightly:
-Has Clinched a playoff spot and the Division 1 title

-Can not (realistically) clinch first overall due to point deficit compared to all Division 2 teams
-Will be seeded 2nd overall

All other Division 1 teams are eliminated from playoff contention

Division 2
HasbeensnHoneyBadger:
-Has clinched a playoff spot since no more than three Division 2 teams will finish 9-5-0 or better

-Can clinch Division 2 Title and first overall with:
A Win or tie

Balls Deep:
-Can clinch a playoff spot with:
A win or tie this week
A loss and a loss by elnewby's Fine Team and a season point total higher than elnewby's Fine Team

-Eliminated from Division 2 title race due to poor divisional win record

-Can be eliminated from playoff contention with:
A loss and a win by elnewby's Fine Team
A loss and a loss by elnewby's Fine Team and a lower overall season point total than elnewby's Fine Team

elnewby's Fine Team:
A win and a Loss or Tie by Threshecutioners

A win
A tie and a tie between Balls Deep and Threshecutioners and a higher season point total than Threshecutioners
A tie and a win by either Balls Deep or Threshecutioners
A loss this week and a higher overall point total than the loser of Balls Deep vs Threshecutioners

A loss and a lower overall point total than the loser of Balls Deep vs Threshecutioners
A loss and a tie between Balls Deep and Threshecutioners
A tie and a tie between Balls Deep and Threshecutioners and 3rd place point total among all teams finishing 8-5-1

Threshecutioners:
A Win and a loss by HasbeensnHoneyBadger

A win this week
A tie and a loss by elnewby's Fine Team
A tie and a tie by elnewby's Fine Team and 2nd place season point total among all teams finishing 8-5-1

A loss and a win or tie by elnewby's Fine Team
A loss and a loss by elnewby's Fine Team and a season point total less than elneyby's Fine Team
A tie and a tie by elnewby's Fine Team and 3rd place point total among all teams finishing 8-5-1

The Other Guys are eliminated from playoff contention

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
What was the point of divisions? Played half the games against the other division and only the top seed gets a playoff berth?

I have no idea.

Edit: Well, the schedule was unblanaced. Played each divisional opponent twice, but some opposite division opponents once.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Haven't met my projection for 7 straight weeks, graded as the worst draft in the league, yet somehow I'm in first place. Still don't like my chances winning the league though, team has slowed down as seen by failing to meet projection for 7 straight weeks.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well you can thank Josh Gordon and Eric Decker for me not having won the last two weeks. Had I won my last two games like I was supposed to I'd have clinched first overall by now and the playoff picture would be a lot different, with elnewby on the outside looking in, hasbeens in 3rd and Balls Deep in 4th.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So, Generic. Today we play a game where the winner gets in, and the loser may just be out of the playoffs.

This is gonna be good.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Last two spots going down to the final day, and determined entirely by what happens in my game against Generic. This has got to be one of the tightest finishes ever seen in a fantasy football league. One spot goes to the winner of Balls Deep vs Threshecutioners, the other one is based on points diffferential between the loser of that game and elnewby's Fine Team.

CLINCHING SCENARIOS FOR MONDAY:

Tread Lightly is in as the #2 Seed

HasbeensnHoneyBadger is in as the #1 seed

elnewbie's Fine Team
Can clinch a playoff spot with:
-Finishes with more points than the loser of Balls Deep vs Threshecutioners

Balls Deep
-A win
-A loss & Brandon Marshall scores more than 25.68 points

Threshecutioners
-A win
-A loss & DeMarco Murray scores more than 13.18 points

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Didn't expect my season to be hinging on the shoulders of Brandon Marshall. ****. So many decisions I wish I would've done differently throughout the season and draft. And that damn schedule.. /excuses

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Didn't expect my season to be hinging on the shoulders of Brandon Marshall. ****. So many decisions I wish I would've done differently throughout the season and draft. And that damn schedule.. /excuses

If we had both played our current optimal lineup, we'd both be in right now with about 150 points in our game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So, if my final score today is higher than 148.36, I am in on points.

If Generic's final score is higher than 133.12, he is in on points.

And then the winner of our game is in on record and will be the 3 seed.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This game is a shootout. Decent chance Generic and I both get in. I'm 0.4 points away from getting in, and Generic is 12.9 away.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
That catch by Jeffrey was amazing. Wish it was Marshall though. Edge of my seat here. Every time McCowen drops back to pass, "Marshall Marshall Marshall.."

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
That catch by Jeffrey was amazing. Wish it was Marshall though. Edge of my seat here. Every time McCowen drops back to pass, "Marshall Marshall Marshall.."

To be honest I'm kind of hoping for that to happen too, haha. This is exciting.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If I miss the playoffs by 5 points or less, you guys might not hear from me for a while. Sorry to some of you, congratulations to others.

You can do it. If this game keeps going like its going to, you're gonna get those last 13 points, and we're both gonna get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad