HF Top Prospects, 11-20

Ice box hockey

Oct 11, 2011
Duluth
These ranking need some revising. Granlund should be higher. He should easily be in the top ten with all of the success he has since being drafted.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Schwartz is rated lower than I'd put him...I'd put him over Coutiere that's for certain.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
My top 10:

RNH
Larsson
Schenn
Johansen
Tarasenko
Huberdeau
OEL
Rundblad
Niederreiter
Bernier

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I don't care where guys are ranked that much, but Schwartz is beetter than Tarasenko. I say that because they're on the same team.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
As a big fan of WCHA hockey and knowing the light that Tarasenko is held in, I disagree very much.

Wait till this year's WJ and I bet you'll be switching those two in your personal rankings. I've not seen many Gamer Gary prospects like I see in jaden.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Wait till this year's WJ and I bet you'll be switching those two in your personal rankings. I've not seen many Gamer Gary prospects like I see in jaden.

Eh, I seen almost all the televised games of CC I could get in this area considering I'm a Sioux fan, live in an area where almost all UMN games are broadcasted while getting the majority of televised SCS, Mankato, and UMD games as well. I just don't think he's as special of a prospect as he's made out to be. He's good, but I don't believe he's in that higher tier like Tarasenko is believed to be.

Given his experience level and talent around him, I do expect him to have a strong Junior performance. I just have a hard time projecting forward at the NHL level with him, especially if you're going to compare with his future teammate.

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
Eh, I seen almost all the televised games of CC I could get in this area considering I'm a Sioux fan, live in an area where almost all UMN games are broadcasted while getting the majority of televised SCS, Mankato, and UMD games as well. I just don't think he's as special of a prospect as he's made out to be. He's good, but I don't believe he's in that higher tier like Tarasenko is believed to be.

Given his experience level and talent around him, I do expect him to have a strong Junior performance. I just have a hard time projecting forward at the NHL level with him, especially if you're going to compare with his future teammate.

Jaden's a sophomore this year. And I actually agree with the other poster who likes him more than Tarasenko.

Also, I think Granlund should be higher than many, if not all, of the picks from the '11 draft class.

Cephalusc

Nov 21, 2006
I think the rankings are a lot better than others ones I've seen. At least Grimaldi isn't in the top 50.

I'd rather have Landeskog than Couturier, Huberdeau, OEL, Rundblad, Niederreiter and Bernier.

Fluke

Sep 27, 2009
I usually don't bother whining about stuff like this but wow. What a joke. Landeskog at 13 with Couturier above him AND Granlund.....No other Avs prospects in the top 50 despite them having a consensus top 5-10 prospect pool in the league. I'm not saying they're bad just because I'm a homer either, the rankings are generally seem to be all over the place. In my opinion at least.

Whatever, I guess it really doesn't matter.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Okay Prospects, everyone raise your hand

Now Put them down IF
-You haven't been a PPG player in a men's pro league.
-You haven't led your team in scoring during the playoffs enroute to a championship.
-You weren't a PPG player in the IIHF World Championships, while being one of the youngest players against mostly NHLers.
-You weren't one of the top players on your Gold Medal IIHF team
-You aren't currently leading scoring at a 2 point per game clip, and leading your Men's pro League in points, despite being only 19 years.

Anyone left? Oh just you Granlund, yep 12th best prospect only...

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I do believe that Bernier is still a prospect according to HF's standards, but wow, not a single other King in the top 50. Toffoli and Loktionov were in the top 50 of last years rankings and have both improved tremendously over the last year. Oh well though, the Kings' prospect pool is much stronger than it gets credit for without Schenn.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
*insert rant about why one of my favorite prospects isn't the exact number I want him to be, followed by a complaint about how horrible hf ranks are every year*

This^

Seriously people. If you can do better, then write your own publication.

Granlund is low but 20-11 seems about right. Really anyone in that range is interchangeable.

Ice box hockey

Oct 11, 2011
Duluth
This^

Seriously people. If you can do better, then write your own publication.

Granlund is low but 20-11 seems about right. Really anyone in that range is interchangeable.

The only thing is Granlund shouldn't be in the 20-11 range. He should easily be in the top ten with everything he has accomplished since being drafted. To put up a ppg in a mens league for an 18 year old is very impressive, and then this year he is doing even better. Way to low for him

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Swap Niederreiter and Kuznetsov and it's perfect IMO.

I still don't see first line potential in Granlund. Maybe my opinion will change after he hits NA ice.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The only thing is Granlund shouldn't be in the 20-11 range. He should easily be in the top ten with everything he has accomplished since being drafted. To put up a ppg in a mens league for an 18 year old is very impressive, and then this year he is doing even better. Way to low for him

Exactly, Hockey Prospectus had him number 1, never seen him out of the top 10. Hell Hockeysfuture had him at 10 last year. And he has done nothing but kick ass since the last ratings were out. If he were a prospect from a major market, he would be number 1.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Swap Niederreiter and Kuznetsov and it's perfect IMO.

I still don't see first line potential in Granlund. Maybe my opinion will change after he hits NA ice.

What, besides only being 5' 10", has Granlund done that makes you think he is not top line material. He has dominated at every level he has ever played at. Outside of Selane(who played in a completely different, higher scoring era) no one else currently in the NHL from Finland, is even close to how he played at his age.

Last edited:

SeanVT395

It's Not Even Close
May 15, 2010
Vermont
I don't see what's so bad. I think Granlund should be in the top 10 (and top 5 at that) and Kusznestov should be higher but that's about it. All of these guys could be ranked anywhere between 11 and 20 and people would still complain.

Somehow i'm not surprised to see Couturier at 11.

Also... Where is Hamonic? Is he really top 10??

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Couturier higher than a bunch of prospects taken in front of him and players that have arguably looked better than him in preseason/training camp. Interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad