OT: HF Sharks EA NHL Video Game Thread

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I am starting to think edmonton just likes me in the nhl series. Nhl 13 i always got drafted by them because i would always go 1st overall. Now that i am having trouble getting 1st overall (7th overall twice) i am still getting drafted by the oilers.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Looks like the Sharks jerseys are finally in the game, or at least it's loading for this game. It's an identical one with the belly stripe and shoulder pads removed.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Anyone playing tonight? I'm going to be on in 30 mins.

Also: does anyone play with a headset? I miss talking on the ice and just generally shooting the **** between games.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
M1G9vcS.png

castle-speechless.gif

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Okay this topic is getting bumped from a while back, but I think this is important.

With the PS3 system update last week, you can now use a Dualshock 4 wirelessly! Go into accessory settings and search for a new device. On the DS4, hold the PS button and share button until it starts flashing really fast. The PS3 will find a wireless controller and you can now sync it! The caveat is that the PS button still doesn't bring up menus and there's still no vibration, but at least the controller doesn't have to be permanently tethered to a USB port now. Also the PS button does work for turning the system on, so there's that.

I think only skittlez and I use DS4s but it's still neat!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I know the game's already been out for like 14 months, but are there any spots open?

I've yet to play many/any club games, and I'm starting to get tired of dominating BAP

I'm a decent RD

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Sure you can join, but just letting you know we don't play much. We play maybe once or twice a week at random late nights for two or three hours. I think the last two guys who joined our club this year left for that reason.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
That's good for me, I'm not looking for a super serious club or anything

I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for next time there's a game

PSN: marchdrummer267

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lots of rumours circling that EASHL is NOT in the PS4/XB1 version of NHL 15. EA is apparently not responding to questions about it whereas they ARE answering questions about other things, like the first person POV that was shown in a recent trailer.

If it's not in the PS4 version, I'm probably gonna stick with the PS3 version, where it has been confirmed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lots of rumours circling that EASHL is NOT in the PS4/XB1 version of NHL 15. EA is apparently not responding to questions about it whereas they ARE answering questions about other things, like the first person POV that was shown in a recent trailer.

If it's not in the PS4 version, I'm probably gonna stick with the PS3 version, where it has been confirmed.

You mean I may not be able to get my ass whooped online this year after waiting an entire year for it in the first place since they didn't put a version out last year for PS4? Damn it all. lol I'll have to make due with HUT.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Off-topic but maybe relevant to some, doing a connected franchise mode with some others guys that I have been doing madden leagues with. Sim guys and hopefully we can get a full 30 man league (even bigger hopefully that franchise mode is fixed this year).

You have to apply to the site then select 5 teams you are most interest in, if anyone wants to join:
http://traditionsportsonline.com/forums/new-member-lounge.8/
http://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/nhl-15-ps4-gmc-interest-thread.111329/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You guys still play? Habs board team has about ~3 on average online regularly but aren't active enough for 5/6 vs 5/6 anymore. So if you have interest in semi-regular (3-4 nights a week) of 5/6 vs 5/6 games let me know. We could perhaps merge? We play ~10PM EST to midnight EST.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Confirmed: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2014/nhl-15-game-modes

EASHL not in NHL 15 on PS4. OTP will be patched in later, but this is NOT creating your own player - it's playing with a NHL player in a 2v2 up to a 6v6 environment.

I'm sticking with NHL 14 for now. Don't really think it's smart to spend $60 on NHL 15 for PS3 for essentially the same game with some minor presentation upgrades.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
Confirmed: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2014/nhl-15-game-modes

EASHL not in NHL 15 on PS4. OTP will be patched in later, but this is NOT creating your own player - it's playing with a NHL player in a 2v2 up to a 6v6 environment.

I'm sticking with NHL 14 for now. Don't really think it's smart to spend $60 on NHL 15 for PS3 for essentially the same game with some minor presentation upgrades.

That's ******. I haven't played in a long while, but was thinking of buying a PS4 (I will at some point) and getting the game. Thanks for the heads up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad