Fantasy: HF Sharks Division 1 Fantasy Hockey 2015-16

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
My team is making a run! 9-3, 9-3 and 10-2 the last three... just one point back of the last playoff spot!

I think my team is down 12-1 this week. With 3 people or so on IR (as it's been all season, different players) and a bunch of under-performers. Definitely not a good season it appears. But then, I think the last time I checked I had only made 10 or some moves all season versus the league leaders who were approaching 70+ moves I think.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
I think my team is down 12-1 this week. With 3 people or so on IR (as it's been all season, different players) and a bunch of under-performers. Definitely not a good season it appears. But then, I think the last time I checked I had only made 10 or some moves all season versus the league leaders who were approaching 70+ moves I think.

Is there no cap on the number of moves you can make?

I remember I did the same thing in a fantasy baseball league last year or the year before and was almost at the 40 move limit halfway through the year.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You can't have it!

Oh yeah? I could rig the league if I wanted to. :sarcasm:

(I won't do that.)

Is there no cap on the number of moves you can make?

I remember I did the same thing in a fantasy baseball league last year or the year before and was almost at the 40 move limit halfway through the year.

There was a yearly move limit of 40 a few years ago, but the other commishes and I decided on a weekly move limit.

Sharks7

Jan 14, 2006
It looks like I face you next week, which is the last week of the regular season. I have passed you for a playoff spot... for now. It could all come down to the final week.

Wow, yeah I just noticed that. this will be an interesting final week to see who gets the final playoff spot! I'm 6 points down at the moment but I might just make a few of those back. If Janney can beat you like a Sharks goalie in the playoffs. Like he did me last week, we may make a game of this.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Wow, yeah I just noticed that. this will be an interesting final week to see who gets the final playoff spot! I'm 6 points down at the moment but I might just make a few of those back. If Janney can beat you like a Sharks goalie in the playoffs. Like he did me last week, we may make a game of this.

I'm here to burn villages!

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
It looks like I'm going to end up not far from where I started, around 10th place or so. Injuries have definitely been an issue this season, as I don't think there was any point in the season where I had fewer than 3 players out. But I also wanted to stick with the team I drafted for the most part and as of now have made the fewest moves.

I may well bow out next year though because the current system allows so many transactions that the draft really only has an impact on the top few players (with a couple players in our league having made over 80 moves in the season to date).

I would almost rather see a very large bench with very few transactions allowed (say 5 a season). This would put the focus on drafting well and trading. Oh well, maybe I'll set up a league like that next year if anyone is interested. :)

Good luck to those in the playoffs next week. I'm rooting for Swiss Army. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad