Hf ranking prospect Pools #10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Say what you want about Dorion as a GM, but the guy is great in amateur scouting.

His drafts (2008 + 2009) as director of amateur scouting in Ottawa were pretty great. Beside Jared Cowan, not many mistakes and a lot of good picks (Karlsson, Lehner, Hoffman, Silfverberg, Smith, Boro, Wideman).

Ottawa drafts generally pretty well. Their pool is deep and well balanced. They deserve that spot IMO.

Dorion may have a great track record as an amateur scout but he's now pretty much our entire management group, so I doubt he has time to seriously scout prospects these days, outside of maybe the 1st round.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Two things.

First I'd have NYI, Ana, and CAR as my next 3.

Also, shouldn't we talk about how mid tier Ottawa's pool is despite them being so bad. That's concerning lol
It's only not higher due to Tkachuk, White and Chabot "graduating" recently.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
I don't agree. I am really not a fan of any of your first rounders aside from Necas, who I'm really high on, I don't put much weight on goaltending prospects and Rees and Drury are the only two I'm high on. Puistola and Fensore are really nice too, but again, nothing on Krebs, Dorofeyev, Korczak, Elvenes and Hague, even if you believe Glass and Necas are equal (I do).

Can I ask how you can possibly have strong opinions on so many prospects? Are you a full time scout who only talks to other full time scouts?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can I ask how you can possibly have strong opinions on so many prospects? Are you a full time scout who only talks to other full time scouts?
I have no life

Is that what you wanted to hear :laugh:?

Honestly I decided to do a career change and Ive been going back to school, once youre set with your schedule you can do so many things.

And to be fair, the Habs draft thread crew is really, really knowledgeable and passionate about the scouting we do, theres a few guys there that Id trust with my life when it comes to prospects.

Reactions: Chainshot

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
It's only not higher due to Tkachuk, White and Chabot "graduating" recently.

Every team has players graduate though. The 3 picks before Tkachuk are all playing in the NHL, their teams have better prospect pools and all finished ahead of them in the standings.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You have not met my son. :biglaugh:

I was giving him shit. He said in another thread that nobody outside Detroit thinks Veleno will become a Top 6 forward. In the very next post a Colorado fan slapped him down and a couple dozen others liked it. He never bothered replying after that.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Every team has players graduate though. The 3 picks before Tkachuk are all playing in the NHL, their teams have better prospect pools and all finished ahead of them in the standings.
Buffalo and Carolina were non-playoff teams for way longer than the Sens, so yeah, no kidding they have better prospect pools at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad