OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
10-14 dollar cocktails are everywhere in Pittsburgh. 10-20 food in Pittsburgh is everywhere. It is so ridiculous to eat out anymore in Pittsburgh. I hate complaining but it's like New York City prices.

BTW.. I freaking love Butterjoint. I would say I'm a burger connoisseur at this point in my life and they are the #1 burger in Pittsburgh and nobody can even come close. But food, like music, is quite subjective I guess.

Oh yeah I know, that's totally fair. And I have no qualms about the cocktail prices, I have no problem paying that for a drink, but it better be good, and I've had enough misses at the Joint that I probably won't risk it again.

And hey, if you ever want to buy me a burger there sometime, you know, for science, I certainly won't turn it down, haha. But I have some sort of moral principle where I'll refuse to pay $13+ for a burger of any kind (that's probably the cutoff because the shipwreck at Wingharts falls just under that threshold). So when you're gettin' all the way up to $17.... that's a difference of basically a beer. I'm not sure any burger is a whole beer's worth than another when you're gettin' that high up (12-13 area) in price/quality to begin with.

Reactions: ColePens

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Finally caught up on Marvel's Netflix shows. My definitive ranking:

1. Daredevil S1 (D'Onofrio's Kingpin elevated everything. Liked the choice to hold off on the iconic costume)

2. Jessica Jones S1 (Again, strong villian elevates it. Tennant made Killgrave. I'm also a sucker for the noir aesthetic)

3. Jessica Jones S2 (One of the very few Marvel seasons that I felt didn't have a 2nd half slog. Ending was great. First half had a fun horror/suspense noir blend going that I really enjoyed)

4. Daredevil S2 (Electra and The Punisher were spot on. Entire season was brutal. Suffered from a lack of D'Onofrio's presence. Ending whimpered out. Season did give me Matt_Murdock_balloon.gif, so big win there)

5. Iron Fist S2 (Finn Jones looked more fluid and a killer ending. Daughters of the Dragon needs to be Netflix's next series even if it's a limited 6 or 8 episode "mini-series")

6. Defenders (Matt and Jessica's banter was great and the only thing that really stuck with me; typical crossover. Nothing risky, but setup Daredevil S3 to tell the Born Again arc and to be the best season yet if done right- D'Onofrio's back!)

7. Luke Cage S1 (2nd half was slow and mostly filler. If it would have stopped after Cottonmouth's death it would have been in the top 4)

8. Iron Fist S1 (Finn looked like he had never thrown a punch or moved in an athletic way before and his character was way too naive despite growing up in NYC until he was like 12)

9. Luke Cage S2 (Misty and Shades are the only bright spots. Bushmaster was kind of like Killmonger-light)

10. The Punisher (Best left as a secondary, supporting character. Daredevil S2 stole all of its thunder. )

tumblr_nu7vkwziRT1uew32no2_400.gif

This is my favorite gif to use for Pyrrhic victories

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Ordering the Marvel Netflix shows, you say?

Daredevil season 1/Punisher season 1
Jessica Jones season 1/Daredevil season 2
Jessica Jones season 2

Iron Fist season 2/Luke Cage season 2
Luke Cage season 1
Iron Fist season 1/Defenders

IF and LC both had better 2nd seasons but were still shows I’ll never watch again. At least those 2 improved because DD and JJ has weaker 2nd seasons than 1st seasons.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The most challenging thing: trying to plan a get together of your college friends back in Pittsburgh when one is in med school, another is in full time grad school, one is in nursing school and another is working full time :laugh:

This is why solo traveling is so much better, but I'm even tired of solo traveling because staying in hostels is ****ing awful.

Reactions: EightyOne

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
The most challenging thing: trying to plan a get together of your college friends back in Pittsburgh when one is in med school, another is in full time grad school, one is in nursing school and another is working full time :laugh:

This is why solo traveling is so much better, but I'm even tired of solo traveling because staying in hostels is ****ing awful.
Have you tried Airbnb? I have used it all over the world when travelling and never had an issue plus saved loads of $$$£££€€€

Reactions: Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Have you tried Airbnb? I have used it all over the world when travelling and never had an issue plus saved loads of $$$£££€€€

No I haven't, I've always just looked for the cheapest options whenever I've traveled. I'm tired of that though, if I go back to Europe anytime soon, I'm bringing at least someone else and getting a private room. I'm tired of listening to Irish chicks cry because they drunkenly gave their phones to a stranger the night before :laugh:

And yes, that happened to me when I was in London. It was very entertaining to listen to, but it was also annoying.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
No I haven't, I've always just looked for the cheapest options whenever I've traveled. I'm tired of that though, if I go back to Europe anytime soon, I'm bringing at least someone else and getting a private room. I'm tired of listening to Irish chicks cry because they drunkenly gave their phones to a stranger the night before :laugh:

And yes, that happened to me when I was in London. It was very entertaining to listen to, but it was also annoying.

Isn’t that when you say to the drunk Irish chicks.....How bout a hug?

Air BnB May have killed a lot of Couchsurfing market but that’s what I used to use when travelling (also used to host when home). I liked it because you meet a local and get a better experience. Never had a bad experience and made some friends for life too.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ogrezilla

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Isn’t that when you say to the drunk Irish chicks.....How bout a hug?

Air BnB May have killed a lot of Couchsurfing market but that’s what I used to use when travelling (also used to host when home). I liked it because you meet a local and get a better experience. Never had a bad experience and made some friends for life too.

tenor.gif

Nope. Can't do any of that anymore. Need contracts and counseling sessions about boundaries and consent before you even make eye contact.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
IF and LC both had better 2nd seasons but were still shows I’ll never watch again. At least those 2 improved because DD and JJ has weaker 2nd seasons than 1st seasons.

Why did you think LC S2 was better than S1? I'm not saying your wrong. I can kind of see why, Bushmaster was a strong, Killmonger-light throughout the entire season and the Jamaican flair was fun, but the season as a whole to me was underwhelming. S1 episodes 1-7 were, IMO, was the strongest run of episodes in Marvel's Netflix library (condense the final 5 episodes into 2 and it's Top 3-4). S2 had no where near that kind of run.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Dd1, jj1 tier 1
Punisher, jj2 tier 2
Dd2 tier 3. Until the hand takes over its tier 1, then it falls to hand tier like a rock.
Lc1 tier 4. It's tier 2 with cottonmouth, worse than hand tier without.
If1 and defenders. Hand tier.

I haven't watched the newest. I watched episode 1 of lc2 and just didn't care one bit about going on.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I haven't watched the newest. I watched episode 1 of lc2 and just didn't care one bit about going on.

Episode 1 put me to sleep. It was just 56 minutes of nothing. Literally nothing in the episode has any bearing on the rest of the season. It took my wife and I about a month afterwards to continue the rest of the season. Luke Cage seems to have a problem carrying 13 episodes. If they would distill the season down to 8 - 10 episodes (like IF S2 and Defenders) I think they can do better.

Though, at this point I think they'd be better off letting Iron Fist and Luke Cage series go and replace them with "Heros for Hire" and "Daughters of the Dragon". Colleen and Misty have the best chemistry in the Netflix-verse and Luke and Danny, post-Defenders, have started to gel nicely. Danny Rand as a character got so much better in S2, but still overshadowed by Colleen and Misty in his own series.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Why did you think LC S2 was better than S1? I'm not saying your wrong. I can kind of see why, Bushmaster was a strong, Killmonger-light throughout the entire season and the Jamaican flair was fun, but the season as a whole to me was underwhelming. S1 episodes 1-7 were, IMO, was the strongest run of episodes in Marvel's Netflix library (condense the final 5 episodes into 2 and it's Top 3-4). S2 had no where near that kind of run.

horrific pacing issues and a brutal inability to fill out that many episodes. this caused the great moment of me suffering through the middle and excited to reach the end at episode 10 (a decent cliffhanger iirc) only for another episode to start playing. season 2 didn't have that moment of fml it's got 3 episodes left. It's about the entire season and LC1 died around the midway point of the season and shuffled on for far too long.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's not my style, but honestly I think they look dope. For people who aren't going to get into shoes and want a cool casual tennis shoe, this reminds me of that jcrew new balance style. IMO it's nice.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I only wear Brooks. They are the only brand that don't make my arches fall. Most of the other brands suck because you have to choose between looks like a decent shoe and good foot support, almost impossible to find both in a Nike, adidas, Underarmour, etc.

My next running shoe is going to be the only one I could find made in Canada (Montreal). You build your own show but it’s limited to basically colour and sole depth.

Shoe Builder

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Without being the ***** here, all men need to do is stop sexually assaulting women.

100% true.

But unfortunately, not as black and white these days. People doing stuff, regretting it, then claiming it as assault is muddling up things in a really f***ed up way. Imagine you met someone, you two hit it off, you go back to the person's place and hook up. Then a month later you are like "Nah I wish I didn't, you know what, I think I got raped and assaulted, yup that's what I feel like it is now because I regret it."

That's the scare now. It's not even about equaling power or even just being Just in a time where things are messed up. It's about being power hungry and it's more proof that men are not worse than women, power corrupts absolutely. Women have power right now and are showing just how f***ed it can make people.

There are people legitimately claiming assault and rape after the fact because they regret their one night stands that was mutual at the time. Like that is legit happening. Then there are false claims of rape and female teachers that are just being "lewd" while men are "preying on young teenage girls" I mean...the wording in the courts doesn't even make it an even playing field.

But it's 100% true, anyone that sexually assaults someone for real, should be in some serious trouble and also, it needs to stop.

But I hate how people make it so black and white, not you Clare, just the whole topic spurred this on, has nothing to do with you.

I am a feminist in the sense that I just want things to be fair, treat people the same across the board. But holy hell do people make it hard to even use that terminology anymore because psycho's use that same term in the most extreme way.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My next running shoe is going to be the only one I could find made in Canada (Montreal). You build your own show but it’s limited to basically colour and sole depth.

Shoe Builder

Those shoes are ugly, like the kind of shoes your parents bought when they couldn't get Nike's so you got some generic "Mike's" type of shit with the swoosh is like way off, but your parents saved 70% so it's what you have to pretend to like.

Tom, we're adults. We can actually pick stuff we want now...wtf bro?

That company can be so much bigger, it just goes to show how much branding matters. Their branding sucks, it's actually atrocious. It's like the owner owed a favor to his wife's brother and she cashed it in and he created this logo.

On Word, clip art.

It's turrible.

I only wear Brooks. They are the only brand that don't make my arches fall. Most of the other brands suck because you have to choose between looks like a decent shoe and good foot support, almost impossible to find both in a Nike, adidas, Underarmour, etc.

I have flat feet. I prefer New Balance, Nike, Cole Haan, Ferragamo, and a few other designer brands that feel good on my feet. Brooks are solid as well, but I feel with my flat feet, they have so much cushion and support that it almost hurts my feet because its over correcting with support where I don't have much of in my foot, an arch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad