HF new top 50 prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
andora said:
i remember reading accounts from anaheim's rookie camp, watching him last year for calgary, and reading some stuff before the draft...

he's a great prospect.. just a boom/bust imo

Well I respect your opinion but IMHO you couldn't be more wrong.

Getzlaf has the size, skill and speed to be a 3rd liner if he doesn't crack the first two lines and I've never heard anyone talking about any attitude problems and I'm almost 100% certain that he didn't have any at Ducks rookie camp.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I know Pascal Leclaire is generally regarded as a disapointment, but it is funny that the more he improves his game, the less respect he seems to get.

His totals as of Sunday - 4-1-1, 1.76gaa, .938sv% and 2 shutouts.

Admitedly, he got off to a rough pro start a few years ago, but he has steadily gotten better. I think he still warrants at least consideration for these lists, but not only is he not on these fan lists, but he isn't even discussed.

I guess I don't quite grasp how he can be in the middle of the lists last year then fall completely off as he starts to significantly improve his game.

transclo

Oct 8, 2004
HABS456 said:
I've made my top 50 :
1-Ovechkin
2-Lehtonen
3-Fleury
4-Zherdev
5-Malkin
6-Phaneuf
7-Michalek
8-Horton
9-Semin
10-Whitney
11-Coburn
12-Kostsitsyn
13-Vanek
14-Suter
15-Tjutin
16-Parise
17-Thelen
18-Getzlaf
19-Barker
20-Miller
21-Carter
22-O’Sullivan
23-Higgins
24-Montoya
25-Koivu
26-Jessiman
27-Ladd
28-Grebeshkov
29-Richards
30-Balej
31-Toivonen
32-Upshall
33-Fritsche
34-Steen
35-Lundqvist
36-Babchuk
37-Grigorenko
38-Stuart
39-Perezhogin
40-Tukonen
41-Ouellet
42-Roy
43-Shishkanov
44-Colaiacovo
45-Schremp
46-Stewart
47-Emery
48-Brown
49-Schwarz
50-Smid
In my previous post I've said Chipchura would probably make my top 50 but that was before I've made my list :p:

Have some respect for my list please :help:

I seem Loui Eriksson easly in the top 25

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Pepper said:

Getzlaf has the size, skill and speed to be a 3rd liner if he doesn't crack the first two lines and I've never heard anyone talking about any attitude problems and I'm almost 100% certain that he didn't have any at Ducks rookie camp.

It's not so much attitude problems, it's that Getzlaf has a tendancy to be lazy on the ice at times.

I still really like Getzlaf and I think he's a HELL of a prospect (top 25 for sure!). But I do agree with Andora that Getzlaf will probobly be a top 6 forward or not be in the NHL at all. He will have to score for teams to look beyond his sometimes lazy play.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
Prepare to be surprised. I wouldn't even put him in my top 25.

For once I agree with EroCaps.

Fehr has just consistantly shown his stuff so much that it's just silly to ignore what he's doing now. Putting guys like Kostsitsyn and Whitney ahead of Fehr at this point I think is nonsense. Are people not seeing what Fehr is doing in the WHL? Goal a gaming in the WHL, at ANY age (15 - 20), is very, very impressive stuff.

At this point, Fehr should be a solid top 25 prospect in the world.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Jacobv2 said:
Folks, Alex Goligoski should be a top 10 prospect, easily.

I hope that's an attempt at humour. Care to name which of the following guys Goligoski "easily" beats?

-Ovechkin
-Lehtonen
-Malkin
-Fleury
-Zherdev
-Horton
-Phaneuf
-Suter
-Michalek
-Vanek

I could name a whole lot more but I figured that stopping at 10 is sufficient.

leafaholix*

transclo said:
Perhaps, but I see it before O' Sullivan Higgins and Koivu.
Koivu, yes. The other two, not right now.

But I do expect to see Loui Eriksson in the top 25 next season, he may even take over as the #1 prospect in Sweden once Steen graduates. He's been holding onto that honour for 2 years now, it's time to give it up.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
1) Ovechkin
2) Lehtonen
3) Zherdev
4) Fleury
5) Suter (I love this kid)
6) Phaneuf
7) Horton
8) Malkin
9) Michalek
10) Parise
11) Barker
12) Carter
13) Getzlaf
14) Coburn
15) Montoya
16) Ladd
17) Grigorenko
18) Tjutin
19) Roy (I like him better than Vanek)
20) Richards

leafaholix*

DownFromNJ said:
1) Ovechkin
2) Lehtonen
3) Zherdev
4) Fleury
5) Suter (I love this kid)
6) Phaneuf
7) Horton
8) Malkin
9) Michalek
10) Parise
11) Barker
12) Carter
13) Getzlaf
14) Coburn
15) Montoya
16) Ladd
17) Grigorenko
18) Tjutin
19) Roy (I like him better than Vanek)
20) Richards
Roy is not a top 20 prospect. He's obviously a NHL player, but his potential is very limited.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
I'd put Malkin higher. #9? Wow.

On the flipside, I think Ladd and Montoya are too high on that list.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Jay Thompson said:
It's not so much attitude problems, it's that Getzlaf has a tendancy to be lazy on the ice at times.

I still really like Getzlaf and I think he's a HELL of a prospect (top 25 for sure!). But I do agree with Andora that Getzlaf will probobly be a top 6 forward or not be in the NHL at all. He will have to score for teams to look beyond his sometimes lazy play.

i do concede to pepper's and the others' comments, and agree fehr is the same idea (boom/bust), but this sums up how i look at getzlaf..

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Jacobv2 said:
Folks, Alex Goligoski should be a top 10 prospect, easily.

Thank god someone finally said it. If he isn't at least ahead of Suter, I think we can finally say with certainty that there is an anti-pittsburgh bias at HF.

andora said:
i do concede to pepper's and the others' comments, and agree fehr is the same idea (boom/bust), but this sums up how i look at getzlaf..

Fehr is absolutely NOT a boom/bust prospect. Not every prospect with a high upside is a boom/bust prospect.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
how i view that is how they described him, if he doesn't make the nhler as a consistent high goal scorer what else would he be? fourth line grinder or minor leaguer?

and technically, isn't every prospect with high potential a potential boom or bust player? (in relativity to why they were drafted?)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Captain Conservative said:
Thank god someone finally said it. If he isn't at least ahead of Suter, I think we can finally say with certainty that there is an anti-pittsburgh bias at HF.

Yeah, but seriously now....

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Pepper said:

attitude was the wrong word, i should have used the words lazy and uninterested sometimes... sorry for the misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest