Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Right now he's no higher than Steen.

Agreed...they are basically the same player, with Loui maybe having some more offensive upside, but he's also a year behind in development. Wherever Steen is, Eriksson should be around 5 spots behind or so.

bleublancrouge

Oct 1, 2004
Up north
Why's everybody so high on Michalek? Everybody's ranking him in the top 10. He's always injured. He will never be able to play a full season in the NHL.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
bleublancrouge said:
Why's everybody so high on Michalek? Everybody's ranking him in the top 10. He's always injured. He will never be able to play a full season in the NHL.

Have you seen him play? He's a lot more slick than he gets credit for.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Legionnaire said:
Yeah, well. If height was all that mattered, Brian Boyle would be number one.

He's a powerfoward/sniper type in the model of an Andreychuck/Elias. If scouts knew he would grow to 6'4" and start scoring at near a goal-per-game pace in the WHL, he may have been a top 10-15 pick in 2003.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
andora said:
and look at the career andreychuk has had.. guys like that can make it too :)

I often wonder. Could a guy like Robitaille, Hull or Andrechuck make it today's game? Could they even get a shot?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i know, i just meant that if old farts with much diminshed skills plus that skating can still contribute and be coveted, i'm sure there are newcomes that can take over... if a guy's good enough, he's good enough.

brian boyle could end up being awesome at using his size/reach in front of the net, in the corners, and killing penalties, and that would keep him around.. it's possible imo, it's the player's responsibility to recognize their natural shortcomings and become better at things he can control..

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
andora said:
i know, i just meant that if old farts with much diminshed skills plus that skating can still contribute and be coveted, i'm sure there are newcomes that can take over... if a guy's good enough, he's good enough.

brian boyle could end up being awesome at using his size/reach in front of the net, in the corners, and killing penalties, and that would keep him around.. it's possible imo, it's the player's responsibility to recognize their natural shortcomings and become better at things he can control..

I only reference BB because of his height. He is a much better skater than Luc, Hull, Andy etc. That doesn't mean he will be able to play at the NHL level; he still has a long way to go, but I'm hopeful.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Roy is not a top 20 prospect. He's obviously a NHL player, but his potential is very limited.

I would take Roy in the Devils organization over any other prospect not ranked above him.

He isn't going to be a hall of famer, but he's a sure bet first line scorer.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
DownFromNJ said:
I would take Roy in the Devils organization over any other prospect not ranked above him.

He isn't going to be a hall of famer, but he's a sure bet first line scorer.

a sure bet 1st line scorer??? Are you kidding me? If he was a sure bet 1st line scorer, he'd be a top 10 prospect. I like Roy, but I don't think he even has the upside of a 1st line scorer.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
a sure bet 1st line scorer??? Are you kidding me? If he was a sure bet 1st line scorer, he'd be a top 10 prospect. I like Roy, but I don't think he even has the upside of a 1st line scorer.

Why not? He's performed better than guys like Vanek for awhile now. He tore up the OHL and is doing really well in the AHL right now.

So he's a bit small. Big deal. He's got the work ethic and heart. He doesn't play a soft game. When called up to the Sabres, he did pretty well considering everything.

When I saw a few Sabres games, Roy really stood out to me. I hadn't even heard of him and I turned to a friend and said "who's he?". He looked like he belonged out there.

Last edited:

leafaholix*

DownFromNJ said:
Why not? He's performed better than guys like Vanek for awhile now. He tore up the OHL and is doing really well in the AHL right now.

So he's a bit small. Big deal. He's got the work ethic and heart. He doesn't play a soft game. When called up to the Sabres, he did pretty well considering everything.

When I saw a few Sabres games, Roy really stood out to me. I hadn't even heard of him and I turned to a friend and said "who's he?". He looked like he belonged out there.
With all due respect, :lol .

Personally, I like Derek Roy a lot... he's a heart and soul player, has some skill, and he'll do absolutely anything for his team. But I don't think he has the ability to be a 1st line player in today's NHL. I think the way he sticks around in the league is to play gritty hockey, get under the opponents skin, and become a great penalty killer.

A 2nd line centre is really the highest I see him playing, there are few Martin St. Louis type players around... there isn't anything to say Roy won't become a 60, 70 point guy in the league, but it'll be an uphill battle and I wouldn't bet on it.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I would have to guess NJ will only get 1 on the list (Parise) but Suglobov should make it, hell he should have made last years list. Zajac should not make the list. Based on his stats with North Dakota he can only produce on the PP or just be invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad