Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 7th Overall Selection

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Do you know who he fought?

His fight card is akin to saying Marc Staal is tough because he fought Alex Semin.

PIMs mean nothing. Watch him play. It'll be blatantly obvious that Rychel isn't known for his "toughness". He isn't even known for bringing a consistent gritty game. It's one of the main knocks on him.
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/01/kerby-rychel-2013-nhl-player-profile-22/

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/kerby-rychel/18078/

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/50833-Like-father-like-son.html

Almost every article I see says he is tough?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm solidly on the Nichushkin train.... but for those that favour Lazar as their pick (either at #7 or later in the 1st if the oilers either tade down or get another 1st round pick)... what about Bo Horvat?

Does Bo Horvat have the same if not more appeal as Lazar?

oilers27

Mar 6, 2013
[email protected] says:

April 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Our scouts believe Horvat has all the around tools to be an immediate contributor in the NHL. His game well rounded, has solid leadership skills and his work ethic is terrific. Can’t speak for others, but our guys think Horvat will be a force….I won’t really comment much on Mantha, because I have not seen him play a lot, but I have been impressed with I have seen. I would not look so much as goals, and look at ceiling and role in the NHL. It’s not a knock at him at all, but guys like Nick Kypreos scored more than 50 goals in Jr., so not always wise to look only at stats.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So I've been keeping track of this as -DeMo- goes around to each forum and makes his poll, kind of interesting. Since we picked Nichushkin at 7, it has gone as follows:

8. Buffalo: Rasmus Ristolainen
9. New Jersey: Hunter Shinkaruk
10. Dallas: Alexander Wennberg
11. Philadelphia: Darnell Nurse
12. Phoenix: Max Domi

Interesting how Nurse who we have ranked 2nd goes 12th, and there has been basically zero mention of third ranked Lazar outside of our forum(From picks 8-12 that are done so far, 5 people out of 397 total votes have been for him).

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So I've been keeping track of this as -DeMo- goes around to each forum and makes his poll, kind of interesting. Since we picked Nichushkin at 7, it has gone as follows:

8. Buffalo: Rasmus Ristolainen
9. New Jersey: Hunter Shinkaruk
10. Dallas: Alexander Wennberg
11. Philadelphia: Darnell Nurse
12. Phoenix: Max Domi

Interesting how Nurse who we have ranked 2nd goes 12th, and there has been basically zero mention of third ranked Lazar outside of our forum(From picks 8-12 that are done so far, 5 people out of 397 total votes have been for him).

Are you surprised? Lazar just isn't a "sexy" pick. Lazar's a hard worker with slightly underwhelming numbers. If we don't take him, he's probably not a top 15 pick.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Are you surprised? Lazar just isn't a "sexy" pick. Lazar's a hard worker with slightly underwhelming numbers. If we don't take him, he's probably not a top 15 pick.

I'm not, it's just something I wanted to point out. Mainly because I've seen a number of people around here try to say he's not overhyped in this board because he's the local guy.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Fans(who most of which probably haven't even seen these guys play) are going to choose much differently than NHL teams.

A little early to imply the overhyping notion is true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad