Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 7th Overall Selection

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Oilers fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 6th overall pick Calgary took Lindholm with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would Edmonton select 7th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Oilers fans so if your not an Oilers fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Nichushkin for me. I like Lazar, Nurse and some of the other D-men, but Nichushkin is BPA @ 7 by far imo, and we can't pass on him.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Nichushkin for me. I like Lazar, Nurse and some of the other D-men, but Nichushkin is BPA @ 7 by far imo, and we can't pass on him.

He may be the BPA but who knows when or if he'll even come over. I think Oilers management pass, the buzzword of the day seems to be "bold moves" and drafting a guy years away from possibly coming to town doesnt seem to fit the mold.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
He may be the BPA but who knows when or if he'll even come over. I think Oilers management pass, the buzzword of the day seems to be "bold moves" and drafting a guy years away from possibly coming to town doesnt seem to fit the mold.

I don't think our 1st plays on the team this year anyways. So I am not overly concerned if he wants to play a season or two in the KHL.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
Torn between Nichushkin and Nurse, went with Nichuskin - seems like too good a talent to pass up, even if it is a couple years down the road

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Not who I was hoping would be available at #7 but Nichushkin's BPA and the Oilers could certainly use some size and somebody besides Hall who takes the puck to the net in the top-6.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Ristolainen or Nurse. Really tough call.

I'm on the same page, went with Nurse though but it's close.

I don't know that Nichushkin is necessarily BPA at this stage. I think that both Nurse and Ristolainen have a case to make (and not based on the Nichushkin's contract situation) for BPA at this position.

Oct 30, 2011
I'm on the same page, went with Nurse though but it's close.

I don't know that Nichushkin is necessarily BPA at this stage. I think that both Nurse and Ristolainen have a case to make (and not based on the Nichushkin's contract situation) for BPA at this position.

Agreed.

Though I still wouldn't be mad with Nichuskin.

kitchen44

Mar 27, 2010
Ryan Pulock, we need D-men that can move the puck, we could have the best forwards in the league but right now we have 1 player who can who can move the puck and be a threat to score.

Pulock is an underrated prospect who was captain of his team and played injured most the year while putting up some big numbers.

with the talk of bold moves and the fact our head scout loves to draft from the whl i think its possible.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I went Lazar because the two guys I would want at that pick are gone. I think that Lazar slots into the 2C spot. We also have a few Defense we need to develop in the system now.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Nichushkin for me. He's the type of guy we need, and gets Yak another Russian. I'm fully expecting the draft to go like this, and it'll just come down to whether management likes Nichushkin or Nurse more

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Heh... this exact scenario occurred today in the Moderator Mock. This is my spooky mormon hell dream.

I have this at a 3-horse race. Nichushkin, Nurse, and Ristolainen.

I went back and forth over it, but in the end, I went with Nurse.

- I don't see the Oilers taking a flyer on a Russian who didn't come over to the CHL.
- There's just so much potential with Nurse. He's got all the tools and still has so much raw untapped potential. More experience and a coach to polish his game and he could be a top pairing guy.
- The problem as I see it with him... some scouts worry about his slender frame and whether he can pack on the muscle to be a physically dominating force in the NHL.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Nurse fills a huge need but Nichuskin is a top5 talent, after which there's a dropoff. We would be lucky to grab him at 7th.

Drafting 7th is too high to forgo a clear BPA for need.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
I think we fans have to stop expecting our 1st rounder every year to be the new saviour of the team. Oiler management needs to make the appropriate tweaks to the roster through FA and trades and let the draft prospect pipeline fill up to provide pieces down the road, but the answer for success next season is not going to lie with an 18/19 YO regardless of who we take.

With that said, I went with Nicushkin. I could see us like the Blues, who had success before Tarasenko came over and made an impact.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I put Rasmus Ristolainen, just for fun.
Lazar would be a good pick, but I don't want him at 7. If we trade down, fine.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
For me it's between Zadorov, Nichushkin, and Ristolainen. It sucks because I would prefer any one of those six players.

I would take Zadorov over Nurse. Ristolainen and Nuchushkin intrigue me but Zadorov is already overseas and playing a north american style.

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
I would assume the Carolina would prefer to take a dman first or a winger before a centerman. They do have two big and young centers in the Staals. If not Nichushkin, perhaps they will pick a dman such as Nurse or Ristolainen. That will leave either Lindholm or Monahan and maybe Nichushkin for the Oilers.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
a 6'5" top pairing potential athlete is just what the nurse has ordered for EDM..
;)

Nichuskin has the size and dangles but too many question marks surrounding him to pick him this high..

I dont think he'll be a top 10 pick this draft.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
a 6'5" top pairing potential athlete is just what the nurse has ordered for EDM..
;)

Nichuskin has the size and dangles but too many question marks surrounding him to pick him this high..

I dont think he'll be a top 10 pick this draft.

Those question can be answered in the pre-draft interviews. I think if he has the right answers he will not slip but if we see him fall he may not be coming over soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad