Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 26th Overall

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
In the staff draft Hagg wasn't around at 26 so I went with McCoshen. Honestly can't go wrong with a selection in this first round though. Very very deep and we all know how Bob Murray loves those big USHL players

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Would you still choose Hagg over lets say the following are still available:

Frederik Gauthier
Anthony Mantha
Laurent Dauphin
William Carrier
Bogdan Yakimov
Marko Dano

Linus Arnesson
Wilhelm Westlund
Andrei Mironov
Carl Dahlstrom

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Frederik Gauthier - No
Anthony Mantha - No
Laurent Dauphin - Yes
William Carrier - Yes
Bogdan Yakimov - Yes
Marko Dano - Yes

Linus Arnesson - Yes
Wilhelm Westlund - Yes
Andrei Mironov - Yes
Carl Dahlstrom -Yes

Most of the guys haven't been mentioned much as potential first rounders, Hagg almost certainly will be one.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Frederik Gauthier
Anthony Mantha
Laurent Dauphin
William Carrier
Bogdan Yakimov
Marko Dano

Linus Arnesson
Wilhelm Westlund
Andrei Mironov
Carl Dahlstrom

Considering that only the first two names have actually been picked before us in this mock, leaving all the other guys as options when we picked Hägg, I'd say it's safe to answer with "yes" for the last 8 names. For Gauthier it would probably be a "no", for Mantha a "maybe" from me.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What do you guys think of Compher? Heard good things about him.

Seems to be the type of guy you win with. Not a high-end talent, but a safe bet to play in the league with his skating, grit and work-ethic. Not someone I would want in the first round because he doesn't have the upside of some of the guys who should be available, but if he's around at 45 I would be happy to have him.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
So Ducks are on the clock with the 26th pick Gauthier and Hagg are both available who do you take? A good potential forward or defenceman?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So Ducks are on the clock with the 26th pick Gauthier and Hagg are both available who do you take? A good potential forward or defenceman?

In that scenario give me Gauthier. His size, reach, defensive play and emerging offensive potential are just too much to pass up that position. I think he'll be gone long before we pick though, I have him 14th to Columbus in my mock draft.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I trust our scouting staff on these things, as they've seen these players a lot more than I have. But from what I've read, and from clips I've seen, I wouldn't mind the Ducks picking Madison Bowey if they stay with the late pick.

His vision and passing ability looks really impressive, and he plays tough and will drop the gloves. With Fowler, Lindholm and Vatanen, I think we need a different type of defenseman should the Ducks select one. Maybe Bowey can be an all around competitive player.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Or Mantha, what position do we need more help at C, RW, D?

Gauthier doesn`t look like a very physical player with his size. He is reported bad at faceoff circle. That plus the fact we have brought in a lot of centers in our system in last few years, i don`t see us interested in him.

Hagg looks like a possible pick if he is still availabe, as the defensemen are the one we are lacking in our prospect pool. He is also a good skater and have a good hockey sense which we tend to draft in last recent drafts.

Mantha looks like a interesting prospect, as he have size, he plays left wing, which we also lack in our system and he plays physical. But he is almost an overager - he left out from last years draft by only one day. If that is not the biggest concern, than his work ethic is, and i could see us not picking him because of that.

What do you guys think of Compher? Heard good things about him.

As far as i`ve read about him, he have all the abilities i would like to get - physicality, speed, fearlessnesss, great without the puck, strong on skates, mobile and exellent in faceoffs and can play C and LW.
Definately one of the players, i would like to get with #26 if not the favorite.

I trust our scouting staff on these things, as they've seen these players a lot more than I have. But from what I've read, and from clips I've seen, I wouldn't mind the Ducks picking Madison Bowey if they stay with the late pick.

His vision and passing ability looks really impressive, and he plays tough and will drop the gloves. With Fowler, Lindholm and Vatanen, I think we need a different type of defenseman should the Ducks select one. Maybe Bowey can be an all around competitive player.

Yes he looks like a very intriguing player and i`ve taken a look at him too. He also is a right handed which is not the main aspect of player we will pick, but is a good one.

Last edited:

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
This certainly seems to be a draft where trading down to add more picks would seem like a good move. Looks to still be a lot of talented guys who will be available from 30-40.

How would you guys feel about trading down? Say with Montreal.

To Montreal: 26th pick
To Anaheim: 34th pick and 36th pick

I'm not sure if the value is there for either team so don't focus on that. Just more interested in if people would rather two picks 8 and 10 spots back or feel better keeping our pick at 26.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This certainly seems to be a draft where trading down to add more picks would seem like a good move. Looks to still be a lot of talented guys who will be available from 30-40.

I'm not sure if the value is there for either team so don't focus on that. Just more interested in if people would rather two picks 8 and 10 spots back or feel better keeping our pick at 26.

That depends on who is picked by the time of our first pick. But that seems very interesting and could very well pay out if Montreal would like to do it.

EDIT: But last time we traded #22 for #30 and #38 IIRC. So we might as well add something to it, probably.

Last edited:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

I'm thinking the same way. I feel that between 20 and 40-45, there's a lot of really intriguing options with a lot of upside for that range. A trade down like the one you proposed could make a lot of sense if there isn't the one special player the Ducks like still available at 26.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
I'm thinking the same way. I feel that between 20 and 40-45, there's a lot of really intriguing options with a lot of upside for that range. A trade down like the one you proposed could make a lot of sense if there isn't the one special player the Ducks like still available at 26.

Yeah I guess it was a round about way of me asking is there anyone at 26 people are dying to draft. Obviously someone could fall that the scouting staff doesn't expect, but to me seems like trading down in this draft would make sense.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Generally picks in the 20s are pretty interchangeable. So in general I prefer trading up or trading down from that position. Don't care which, just pick a direction. Haven't really studied the 2013 draft though, so I can't comment.

It's sort of like with Hiller/Fasth. I don't really care which the team chooses, but I'd like them to pick one.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I'd take Gauthier. Great size. Vision. And I believe his two way play made him runner up for defensive player of the year in the Q. I'd take him over Hagg 10 times out of 10

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00