Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 26th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Ducks fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 25th overall pick the Canadiens took Rychel with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Ducks select 26th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne
Senators: Andre Burakovsky
Red Wings: Valentin Zykov
Blue Jackets: Ryan Pulock
Sharks: Anthony Mantha
Leafs: Curtis Lazar
Flames: Josh Morrissey
Capitals: Ryan Hartman
Canucks: Samuel Morin
Canadiens: Kerby Rychel

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Ducks fans so if your not a Ducks fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

JeffShibley

Jul 31, 2005
While I am hoping one of the players already picked drops to Ducks....I went with Hagg out of the ones remaining.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
My vote goes to Ian McCoshen - to me the most fitting prospect. I like that he adds some nastiness to the game. Overall he seems to me like one of those players who has all the tools to become one of those great D after some time of development. College path is always great for D.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Dickinson, though I'm hoping that Rychel will still be there or we trade up a couple of spots to grab him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I admit that i don`t know much about ALL of them.

However, i picked Heatherington because i really like him even though he isn`t much of an offensive producer.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Do you like Rychel for the local connection or do you really think he is worth moving up for on potential alone?
I don't care about the local connection since he's really just a Canadian transplant that lived here for a few years as a kid. I believe that, while he was born here, he played most of his youth hockey in Canada. I think Comrie and Erne spent more time in the youth system here. It's nice that he was born here, but I don't see him the same way that I would guys like Etem, Bennett, or Grimaldi. I would move up because I think he's the best pure goal scorer in our range, and he addresses the major depth issue we have at left wing.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't care about the local connection since he's really just a Canadian transplant that lived here for a few years as a kid. I believe that, while he was born here, he played most of his youth hockey in Canada. I think Comrie and Erne spent more time in the youth system here. It's nice that he was born here, but I don't see him the same way that I would guys like Etem, Bennett, or Grimaldi. I would move up because I think he's the best pure goal scorer in our range, and he addresses the major depth issue we have at left wing.

OK, thanks. I'm happy to see you weren't starting to carry water for Ducksgo. :D

I guess I have less time to bone up on these prospects than last year. I'm going to have to get cracking. ;)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Like i said, i would like to pick Heatherington (the guy has 2 names in 1 :naughty:) but i`m sure some other players will be fallen to us at the 26th spot and we will be able to pick some player with higher upside. History shows that GM`s thoughts difers from average HF boards fans thoughts and we could get a good winger at that spot.

But if the Heatharington falls to our #45, which could happen, i would be more than willing to pick him. I think he will be a great addition to our prospect pool as he has amazing shutdown ability.

We have offensive guy in Vatanen. Although Fowler isn`t prospect any more, he`s still younger than Vatanen and also has high offensive upside. To add to them, we have a good two way defenseman prospect in Lindholm. Heatharington would be a good addition to them with his shutdown type.

Here`s a short interview with him: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...erington-swift-current-broncos-213831471.html

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I think this mock illustrates how deep this draft really is. Even with HF picking up the more hyped (deservedly or undeservedly) names before us, we're left with a good bunch of really intriguing pieces to choose from at #26, and probably will be at #45, as well.

With the way this mock went so far, especially the amount of defensive guys seems pretty outstanding: between Hägg, Santini, Bowey, McCoshen, Theodore, Heatherington, Bigras, Müller (although I somehow don't want the Swiss) and Vannelli, that's some great skillsets to choose from. Up front, especially Dickinson, Bailey, Carrier, Lehkonen and Dauphin seem quite interesting to me (based purely on reading, mind you).

Really looking forward to seeing what our scouting staff is going to do here. I picked Hägg, for being a complete defender and having the Swedish factor, but I don't think there's a wrong thing to do here. I wouldn't want to pick a goaltender, but at Fucale's talent level, that might not be the worst of moves, either. If he develops well, that's still a great chip in the future.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Well said, by I personally would love it in addition as he'd be a second generation Anaheim Duck.

That said I went with Hagg, but Lehkonen, Klimchuk, and Compher do interest me quite a bit.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Voted for De La Rose. He just seems like the kind of player the Ducks would draft in this situation.

Any reason why? He really isn't the BPA at this point and the deficiencies in his game matched up against other guys who should be available in that range just don't match up against the other forwards who should be available there, so my guess is because he's Swedish.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Based on this mock draft I would want McCoshen for sure, but I'm really starting to think he won't be around at 26. Other guys on the list that I'm big on are Hagg, Heatherington and Santini. The way I see things shaping up if our picks stay the same, there will be a group of safe, medium upside Dmen available at 26, and some high upside (home run) forwards available at 45.

JeffShibley

Jul 31, 2005
in the new THN mock draft they have the Ducks taking McCoshen, but they have Hagg going to Detroit at 18. I would be happy with McCoshen, but with this board I would take Hagg.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Any reason why? He really isn't the BPA at this point and the deficiencies in his game matched up against other guys who should be available in that range just don't match up against the other forwards who should be available there, so my guess is because he's Swedish.

A big skilled forward with the ability to play center and wing, plays a solid game in all three zones, has good hands and speed. His offensive potential is still a question mark but he really just reminds me of Rakell. He isn't going to be a superstar but if he could become a useful bottom 6 player or even a second liner, I think that's pretty good.

And because he's Swedish.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with all of the options but different ranking rank these players differently, so I think that is pretty hard to pick the BPA.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
A big skilled forward with the ability to play center and wing, plays a solid game in all three zones, has good hands and speed. His offensive potential is still a question mark but he really just reminds me of Rakell. He isn't going to be a superstar but if he could become a useful bottom 6 player or even a second liner, I think that's pretty good.

And because he's Swedish.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with all of the options but different ranking rank these players differently, so I think that is pretty hard to pick the BPA.

In my opinion, there isn't a combination of 26 players that would make De La Rose the BPA at 26. Actually, he falls out of (but what do I know?) my top 40. From what I saw he's not the same player we drafted in Rakell back in 2011, and I was dissatisfied with that pick at the time. But at least I saw his potential as a smart and strong depth player. I never really caught on to that with De La Rose. His play bored me. He was being ranked higher than Wennberg at the time, and Wennberg proved everyone wrong.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that: there isn't a logical combination of 26 players...etc.

Last edited:

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I went a little off the board with Lehkonen. This is a purely a gut feeling when I say this but I see the Ducks taking a LW with this pick not a D like Hagg. The fact that he's a European makes me believe the Ducks might lean more towards him. Also a gut feeling. Going off the board isn't something this organization is afraid to do as well. I don't think nobody here predicted that Hampus Lindholm would be our pick and I think he's been a great pick up to this point.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I went a little off the board with Lehkonen. This is a purely a gut feeling when I say this but I see the Ducks taking a LW with this pick not a D like Hagg. The fact that he's a European makes me believe the Ducks might lean more towards him. Also a gut feeling. Going off the board isn't something this organization is afraid to do as well. I don't think nobody here predicted that Hampus Lindholm would be our pick and I think he's been a great pick up to this point.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd round if he drops there. From what I have seen of him, he's pretty smart, fast and plays larger than he is. Good shot too. He would be a bit of a project IMO, but could turn out to be a 20 goal per season kind of forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad