Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 13th Overall

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I really hope we don't take another defenseman. We really need more top six talent.

It would be frustrating in the short term for sure to have another young defenseman to wait for while we have waiver wire guys playing scoring line minutes.

Overall though, I think a beastly stay at home defenseman that limits time and space for the opposition is as much of a long term need as top six help.

TBH I wasn't that impressed with Zadorov last night but if the draft doesn't play out the way we want it to in front of us...I'd have no problem with the Jets taking him if the right forward isn't there.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
It would be frustrating in the short term for sure to have another young defenseman to wait for while we have waiver wire guys playing scoring line minutes.

Overall though, I think a beastly stay at home defenseman that limits time and space for the opposition is as much of a long term need as top six help.

TBH I wasn't that impressed with Zadorov last night but if the draft doesn't play out the way we want it to in front of us...I'd have no problem with the Jets taking him if the right forward isn't there.

Id be shocked if Chevy took him anyways. He's had two years now, and not drafted a single Euro. Really really weird.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think I recognize all of the voters for Gauthier as being posters here on the Jets forum. There are a handful of non Jets fans voting for Zadorov though.....

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
if this is the list of forwards available, then we have to take Pulock or Zadorov. The prospect of adding another top young dman to our already nice looking d would be huge. Would also allow us to seriously shop one or more d men for some proven NHL forward depth.

I chose Pulock due to the fact he was born in MB and plays for the Wheaties.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think I'd go

1 Gauthier
2 Mantha
3 Erne
4 Horvat
5 Zadorov (should go higher, but we need forwards)
6 Klimchuk

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Will we get to see a tiebreaker? Even if its within 2-3 votes it'd be interesting if people wanted Zadorov or Gauthier if it was between those two.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I haven't voted yet, tell me who to vote for!

turddouche.jpg

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
What we really need to do is trade up. I think giving up our 1st, 2nd, 4th to get into that 7/8/9 spot would be a bargain. Particularly if one of Nichuskin, Domi, Lindholm or Monahan are available. Even 10/11 would be much better. Sucks that we appear to be right at a spot where there is a big drop-off.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What we really need to do is trade up. I think giving up our 1st, 2nd, 4th to get into that 7/8/9 spot would be a bargain. Particularly if one of Nichuskin, Domi, Lindholm or Monahan are available. Even 10/11 would be much better. Sucks that we appear to be right at a spot where there is a big drop-off.

I don't think their is a drop off at 13(assuming you willing to pick defense). To me the first small drop off is about 4, then 7, then after that there is about 8-10 players before a drop off again. Basically where the Jets pick you will get the "leftovers" of that group so if you looking for a specific position you might not be so lucky.

jetsfan101

May 10, 2013
I really hope we don't take another defenseman. We really need more top six talent.

Our LD situation is pretty sad. After next season, we'll have a total of ONE guy at that position who either is a legit top 4 NHLer, or even projects to be one. Yuen and Kulda are wildcards, and to say either of them will one day be capable of playing 20+ minutes per night would be optimistic.

I wouldn't even mind taking a RD. I'd like it if Chevy at least had the option of trading Buff if the right deal came along. Plus, taking best available is just a great habit to get into. Build up assets, figure out how to make them fit together later.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
hmmm looks like we have a tie... can mods re-open the poll with just the two options? or do I need a different way to break the tie?

Well like the other guy said, a lot of non fans voted Zadorov. I think you should just give Gauthier the win.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
ok I need to get this settled ASAP to move on what I'm gonna do is the next jets fan who did not vote for Zadorov or Gauthier to post ethier Zadorov or Gauthier that player will be the guy picked.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
ok I need to get this settled ASAP to move on what I'm gonna do is the next jets fan who did not vote for Zadorov or Gauthier to post ethier Zadorov or Gauthier that player will be the guy picked.

Right down to the wire, which way does it go? :amazed:

jetsfan101

May 10, 2013

Gauthier.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think I'd go

1 Gauthier
2 Mantha
3 Erne
4 Horvat
5 Zadorov (should go higher, but we need forwards)
6 Klimchuk

We need forwards before any of those guys will be ready to contribute. Draft BPA and trade assets for forwards or sign FA's.

I chose Zadorov. My preference would be to trade down.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Gauthier.

With the 13th Overall pick the Winnipeg Jets Select Frederik Gauthier

Thanks for the participation guys

Nice! Holden would be quite happy with this selection if it happens in the summer. :D

The Scouting Report said:
After deliberating taking the NCAA route, it would appear that the
decision to go to Rimouski has paid off for Frederik Gauthier. The
mammoth pivot has quickly burst onto the scene as a legitimate top
line centre in the QMJHL in addition to a potential blue-chipper for an
NHL team.
Gauthier has a powerful stride and above average skating ability,
something that is a major weapon given his size. His hockey sense and
positional awareness is well developed and his skill level continues to
impress. Overall, Gauthier is a player who needs polish but continues
to see his stock on the rise. Don’t be surprised to see him continue his
ascension in our Final rankings at this rate.

Big, fast guy and his stock is on the rise. TNSE written all over him!

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Nice! Holden would be quite happy with this selection if it happens in the summer. :D

Big, fast guy and his stock is on the rise. TNSE written all over him!

His defensive awareness, size, and emerging offensive game make him a pretty intriguing pick.

Might be a bit of a project, like many picks, but just where does his game get to... in 3 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad