Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 13th Overall

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
some nice options but I am hoping this isn't the list of players we are looking at come draft day. ;)

We just need NJ to draft Fucale and someone ahead of us to draft Zadorov and Pulock and then we will have a nice bunch of forwards to pick from.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
those 2 plus Gauthier are solid picks just because they have such high floors - all will be guaranteed 3c imo although Gauthier not so dominate with the draws yet

Shouldn't kid youself. Their floors are minor leaguers. Other than the top 4 picks in this draft, all players in the draft have floors of minor leaguers. I've seen waaay too many "safe" picks bust to say otherwise.

Lazar in particular, I just don't see as a defensive player or a C. He is a winger at the NHL level, and he is not great defensively. Him and Nurse are two players I REALLY don't want at #13.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Shouldn't kid youself. Their floors are minor leaguers. Other than the top 4 picks in this draft, all players in the draft have floors of minor leaguers. I've seen waaay too many "safe" picks bust to say otherwise.

Lazar in particular, I just don't see as a defensive player or a C. He is a winger at the NHL level, and he is not great defensively. Him and Nurse are two players I REALLY don't want at #13.

fair enough, I'm using floor in the wrong context

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Voted Gauthier. Not very many legit snipers around. Gotta grab one when you get the chance. My alternate choice would be Horvat but I don't see the upside but think he will be a v good 3rd line centre in the NHL.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Same.

I really don't like Lazar at 13. Not sure he would be my choice in the mid 20s either. Not sold on Gauthier at 13 either. Everything is a pretty solid jumble after the top 10.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I kinda wanna see us with Fucale. He could turn out to be elite and give us that Rinne or Quick.

michael-scott-no-o.gif

He could turn out to be elite, he could also turn out to be another Brent Krahn or Brian Finley. Goalies are insanely hard to predict at 18 and not worth investing a first round pick under any circumstance IMO. You're much better off trying to find a Pekka Rinne at #258.

Personally, I don't believe Fucale is even the best goalie in the draft. If the Jets want to spend an earlier pick on a goalie, I'd much rather they try grabbing Eric Comrie or Patrik Bartosak in the 3rd. Tristan Jarry is highly-regarded as well, though I personally haven't caught any of his games or even highlights.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I picked Adam Erne, but there are a handful of guys I like in the poll. Zadorov, Pulock, Mantha and Gauthier would all be reasonable picks there.

Feel like Zadorov probably has the best chance of being an NHL regular, not sure if the upside is there however. Erne is a bit riskier, but I like his size and hands, and he just seems like a Chevy pick.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I picked Adam Erne, but there are a handful of guys I like in the poll. Zadorov, Pulock, Mantha and Gauthier would all be reasonable picks there.

Feel like Zadorov probably has the best chance of being an NHL regular, not sure if the upside is there however. Erne is a bit riskier, but I like his size and hands, and he just seems like a Chevy pick.

Also, speed! Puns could be fun too. #Erne

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I hate 1st round goalies so much.

Absolutely.......too much anecdotal evidence to even start on that. I like the approach of a take a few late ones and see what happens. So many of these guys are mid 20's before they are ready and are FA's anyway.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Zadorov or Pulock are the two best players available. I think Pulock is the better overall player even though he would only add to our most stacked position.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Can someone tell me why Zadarov? Isn't he the next Igor Ulanov or Boris Mironov?

Seriously? I don't remember Ulanov of Mironov playing for an OHL championship team. Also, Ulanov was drafted as a 22 year old, and Mironov as a 20 year old.

Oh, wait a minute... I guess you're right. I noticed that all of them have a name that ends with "ov", so that probably means that they'll have the same career. :sarcasm:

I voted Zadorov, but also like Horvat as much (maybe more). Gauthier would be third, but a bit lower. I like Zadorov's size and aggressiveness, and he seems to have decent skills and hockey sense. If he develops into a huge, shut-down defenseman, I like the idea of a future defensive top four that includes Bogo, Trouba and Zadorov. Big, tough minute-munching defensemen.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Because he's Russian?

Give me the next Boris Mironov at 13 anyday. He had a good career. Ulanov was fine too.

No, not because he is Russian, Jets are better of drafting a skilled forward.
Coach Noel mentioned it a few times that they lack skills. Even the captain mentioned it once, out of LLW ,Kane plus Schiefele.. No legit top 6 forward in the system.
Mironov and Ulanov had an ok career, not good but ok.
Mironov played like 13 years with 300 points and around -57
Ulanov played 18years with 160 points, +13

:yo:

Also Russians do not come to N.A to play college hockey or CHL back then.

Lets go Domi let's Go
Domi Domi. :handclap:

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Obviously a ridiculously small sample size, but I was not impressed with Zadorov at all in the last few games I've seen of him.

Voted Gauthier, but could easily go with Zykov or Pulock.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Kinda curious as the why Gauthier is dominating this poll.

I don't see him as clearly better than Ryan Pulock, Adam Erne, Valentin Zykov, Bo Horvat or Anthony Mantha. I personally have them kinda jumbled together with Gauthier probably on the low end of that group. Is it a size / chevy thing?

Lots of lists have Gauthier ranked in the 20s or even 30s, mind you all of these guys are up and down one some list or another. Just a little surprised that one forward is running away with it given the Jumble that this draft appears to be.

Last edited:

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Nikita Zadorov. I like a break-you-in-half brand of hockey. He can be the bone crushing mountain that patrols our blue-line. We have plenty of D who can activate and light the lamp with some success. Many players at this spot that I would be happy to have though.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I like our choices and options here to get a solid player. A hulking a punishing left-handed blueliner in Zadorov would be a great fit to the future depth chart. Horvat looks like a nice player. Erne would give us a nice RW prospect. Mantha a big goal scoring LW. Gauthier brings the size and two-way game. Gauthier may be the most intriguing with his size, off the charts impressive defensive game and offensive touch. Gauthier could be the beast center this organization needs.

Any of these picks at the 13 slot would make me happy. All seem like solid prospects who could grow and develop into a solid player.

But If I had to pick, I'd roll the dice on Fredrik Gauthier, without a single doubt. He oozes so much impressive tools that he could anchor the 1-2 center slots with Scheifele for years to come. That is pretty damn exciting. His defensive game, offensive game, work ethic, mind for the game, faceoff ability, size are everything you'd want. This kid has TNSE and Kevin Cheveldayoff written all over him, in my opinion. Great teams are built down the middle, and Gauthier would bring so much potential as a young prospect to this organization with Scheifele as the 1-2 centers of the Jets for what could be years to come.

This is a great article on Gauthier, for anyone who may not have read it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=670537

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Kinda curious as the why Gauthier is dominating this poll.

I don't see him as clearly better than Ryan Pulock, Adam Erne, Valentin Zykov, Bo Horvat or Anthony Mantha. I personally have them kinda jumbled together with Gauthier probably on the low end of that group. Is it a size / chevy thing?

Lots of lists have Gauthier ranked in the 20s or even 30s, mind you all of these guys are up and down one some list or another. Just a little surprised that one forward is running away with it given the Jumble that this draft appears to be.

Had a nice u-18, maybe that's influencing it.

Pulock is a good player, his skating concerns me a bit, but he's a smart player with a bomb.

A big center with upside is hard to ignore, imo.

Last edited:

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
I'm late to the party here. I thought I was going to vote for Zadorov, but when reallllly thinking about it I went with any skilled forward. And Gauthier was the only guy capable of catching Big Z. But I'd be fine with either. But my vote just tied it 24-24. :laugh:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I have a feeling Max Domi will be available when Chevy picks 13. I know he isn't on that list (as Coyotes fans took him) but if he's available Chevy will take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad