Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 13th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Jets fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 12th overall pick Coyotes took Domi with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Jets select 13th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Jets fans so if your not a Jets fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

Edit: Thanks for fixing the poll

Last edited:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Gauthier for me. He's ranked as a top 10 pick by IIHF and we need wingers.

Plus he's 6'4" 219 lbs at 18 :eek: and PPG in his first year in the Q

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wondering when it would be our turn DeMo. Thanks for organizing this.

Lot's of interesting choices, Gautier, Zykov, Horvat, and Lazar, and Zadorov, and Pulock on D.

Hmmmmm.

jetsfan101

May 10, 2013
If it was my choice, any of the first 4 names on this poll would be great, but Pulock is probably my favourite. Either that or Zadorov.

If I had to guess what Chevy would do? Erne. He's got a Jets-type game.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Took Gauthier. Nice 2-way center. A riser who has been compared to Jordan Staal by some scouts. That seems like a good piece to add. A Lowry/Gauthier combo looks pretty appealing.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Pulock or Zadorov....if its Pulock trade Byfuglien...wait for Trouba.......it will work out perfectly medium to long term..

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm moving into the trade up or trade down move. Once you get out of the top 9, there seems to be no consensus on the next 20. I'd rather take two of them in the twenties, than one at 13.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm moving into the trade up or trade down move. Once you get out of the top 9, there seems to be no consensus on the next 20. I'd rather take two of them in the twenties, than one at 13.

I tend to agree with this. It's the top 9 (or maybe 10 if there's a surprise riser), and then the next group seems hard to get consistent opinions on.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Does Lowry or Gauthier shoots right?

Both shoot left.

At worst, Gauthier is that big shut down 3rd line C, who matches up against the other teams big forwards. Could be a bigger Ryan O'Reilly or a Couturier.

I think he fits the Jets mould. Though, if they draft him, I'd bet Burmi's "days are numbered" - to borrow a Lawless quote.

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Erne because I have been mentioning Erne for a long time.

EDIT

There are a handful of other picks tbat wouldn't bug me in the slightest though.

Dont think Erne is who the Jets would pick, though as a prospect, he's pretty appealing as well.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
not gonna lie, the Zadorov love confuses me

with no consensus BPA at 13 I would look to needs and skilled forwards tops that list imo

if I had a vote it would be Zykov or Erne

*will be watching London v Hawks/Heads closely tho - maybe he changes my mind

Last edited:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I voted Horvat because he had a good playoff against the Barrie Jets, er Colts. Gauthier a close second though.

Wish Ristolainen or Nichushkin were options at 13...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
some nice options but I am hoping this isn't the list of players we are looking at come draft day. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad