HF Jets Fantasy Hockey League (Keeper) 2014-15 Season 3

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'll try to remember tonight to check the activity of teams last year. Man did my team ever stink it up. I gambled on Schneider and he was meh and had to split starts. Not having an elite goalie is killing me. Nowhere to go but up after a 3-18 year. :laugh:.

Draft is normally some time in late September. I'll also check that when I'm home from work.

Hey you could of had 3 less wins :sarcasm:

Schneider will be a better bet this year, because it doesn't look like Marty will be back. I sent you a proposal btw.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Alright, as hard as it might be to believe... all the teams were at least somewhat active last year. Even if they weren't active in the trade market. In fact, only 4 teams in the league didn't make a trade. I'm comfortable moving ahead with this group if you guys are.

Also, no options yet to "re-activate" for the upcoming season. Should show up some time this summer and I think (hope) I get emailed about it. I'll check a few times a week.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Alright, as hard as it might be to believe... all the teams were at least somewhat active last year. Even if they weren't active in the trade market. In fact, only 4 teams in the league didn't make a trade. I'm comfortable moving ahead with this group if you guys are.

Also, no options yet to "re-activate" for the upcoming season. Should show up some time this summer and I think (hope) I get emailed about it. I'll check a few times a week.

I'd believe it. I regularly checked who was updating their rosters. I certainly don't recall anyone leaving their roster half-empty or injured for weeks like the first year we did this. The trade market was surprisingly dead though.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
If someone wants my spot and promises to be active, they can take over the team that has won every year of this league :)D). I'm moving provinces and starting a PhD right before the draft and will presumably be just as busy throughout the year.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If someone wants my spot and promises to be active, they can take over the team that has won every year of this league :)D). I'm moving provinces and starting a PhD right before the draft and will presumably be just as busy throughout the year.

I haven't managed to make it to a draft yet. Something always seems to come up. Wound up with beauties like Michael Ryder and Chris Neil instead of other guys available such as ROR, OEL, MacKinnon, Nuge.

Things are gonna change this year :)

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If anyone looking to improve there keepers I have tons of top talent available. The only untouchables are Toews, Lundqvist, & Bobrovsky. Everyone else available, looking for top picks, or trade 2-1 to improve my keepers for Top 10 Keepers.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Martin St. Louis or Ryan Johansen can be had for a 1st round draft pick. Has to be top 8 but I would also accept a late 1st and a 2nd.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Marleau, Skinner and Okposo are available for picks. Keep in mind Marleau is probably a keeper on most teams and will likely go first in the draft otherwise.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Don't think I'll have the time to commit this year, last year I was barely active as it is. If anyone wants my spot, or if there is a waiting list, let me know.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
So, 9 days til the scheduled draft and over half the teams have no trade block set. Hoping to make some trades leading up to the draft for picks or upgraded keepers. See trade block for availability. Feel free to send offers.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Trade block updated. Almost everyone is available for picks or for a 2-for-1 trade to upgrade my keepers. Only untouchables are Ovi and my Goalies.

Also, there was a very astute pickup today by The Negotiators, but unfortunately I think there's a Free Agency freeze rule in effect until the draft.

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Also, there was a very astute pickup today by The Negotiators, but unfortunately I think there's a Free Agency freeze rule in effect until the draft.

Yep... once I figure out how to reverse that transaction I'll do it. It's a pain in the ass that there isn't a way to freeze the waivers/available players.

Edit: Done. And just to re-iterate from previous pages, please don't grab from the available players. You'll have to rely on your draft picks. But feel free to trade picks/players currently on your roster.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Hey y'all, I'm sure you got the email, but just a reminder that the draft is tonight at 7. I noticed a few times haven't updated their keepers (some teams have no keepers listed) and I'm sending out a reminder email.

If you don't select your keepers, they'll be thrown into the available player pool and you will be able to pick from this pool during the keeper rounds. The first 5 keeper rounds will not "snake", they will run 1-16 and back to the start.

More info here (it's from Fantasy Football but still applies): http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resour...number-of-players-allowed-in-my-keeper-league

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Here is the draft order (inverse of final standings last season):

East River
Seguin's Alarmclocks
The Negotiators
North End Warios
Hammer Slammer
Oil City Annihilators
Wichita PurePower
Big Trouba In Little China