HF Jets Fantasy Hockey League (Keeper) 2014-15 Season 3

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I will preface with: I hope there actually is a season. So this might be a bit premature, but I'd want to try and get 20 people into the league given the season is a go. If not, we'll just start next season.

Note: If you are deemed to be inactive for a certain period of time (to be determined), you will be removed from the league. Attempts will be made to contact you before you are removed.

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagueoffice?leagueId=5556&seasonId=2014

With that said, here are the details (anything is subject to change),

League Settings

Number of teams: 16 (2 divisions of 8 teams)
Scoring type: Head to Head points (weekly match-ups)

Roster

Roster size: 20
Starters: 16
Bench: 5
IR: 1

The starters will consist of: 3 forwards, 2 centres, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D-men, 1 utility and 2 goalies.

There are no limits for games played.

Scoring (suggestions welcome for additional scoring)

Skaters

Goals: 3
Assists: 2
PIMs: 0.3
SHG: 2
SHA: 1
Power play points: 1
Shots on goal: 0.1
Plus/Minus: 0.2
Hat trick: 5

Goalies

Wins: 5
Goals Against: -1
Saves: 0.2
Shutouts: 3

Acquisition and Waiver Rules

Lineup Changes: Weekly: Lock at First Game of Week
Player Acquisition System: Waivers
Season Acquisition Limit : No Limit
Matchup Acquisition Limit: 7 (for 7-day matchups)
Waiver Period: 1 Day
Waiver Order: Move to Last After Claim, Never Reset Order

Keepers

You will be able to keep 5 players on your roster for the next season.

Draft

Draft Type: Snake
Draft Date: Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM ET/7:00 PM CST*
Seconds Per Pick: 60
Draft Order: Reverse order of 2013 standings

*Date and time can be moved to accomodate everyone.

Teams

Username | Team Name
Hammer Slammer | Hammer Slammer
vBurmi | Blue-Line Dekes
Basalt13 | Springfield Isotopes
sully1410 | North End Warios
EastRiver | East River
Reims | The Negotiators
atl thrasher344 | Ковальчу́к Aрми
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 | Tea with Miss MGEE
tbcwpg | Seguin's Alarmclocks
bhay1987 | Sunny St. James
Saunderosa | Peg City Annihilators
Inflict | Team Inflict
Aries56 | Big Trouba In Little China
JetsWillFly4Ever | Wichita PurePower
hockeyarena | Pardy Poopers
supahdupah | Team MegaRad

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Here are some additional scoring metrics that can be added:

Plus/minus
Power Play Assists
Short Handed Assists
Game-Winning Goals
Faceoffs Won
Faceoffs Lost
Shifts
Hat Tricks
Shots on goal
Hits
Blocked Shots
Defencemen points
Short Handed Points

(now for goalies)

Games Started
Losses
Shots Against
Empty Net Goals Against
Overtime Losses

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would add shots back same as you had it last year. and also add Hat Tricks for 10 points. Teams should get a big bonus when there guy plays great.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I would add shots back same as you had it last year. and also add Hat Tricks for 10 points. Teams should get a big bonus when there guy plays great.

I think someone else made this last year, but they weren't very active on the boards and there were inactive teams all season. Decided to abandon that and make this one.

I added 5 points for the hat trick, I felt 10 might be a bit much since they're already getting 9 points for the goals haha. Should be a nice little bonus. I also added 0.1 for shots like the manager had last year and a point for a short-handed assist. I'll add those to the original post and maybe have a look again later.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
What exactly is a snake draft?

Draft order switches every round. If you draft 1st in the 1st round, you draft last in the 2nd round. If you draft last, you'll draft 1st the next round.

Some dude on Yahoo Answers probably says it better than I can.

It's a draft where the positions flip flop every round. For example, if someone drafts first during the very first round, they'll draft last the following round, then they'll draft first again in the next round, and so on. This type of draft is the most fair.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So you can have three extra forwards in any postition? Also what is a utility?

And I actualy like picking in the middle in Fantasy drafts. Sure you don't get Malkin, but you tend to get two really good players.

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
So you can have three extra forwards in any postition? Also what is a utility?

And I actualy like picking in the middle in Fantasy drafts. Sure you don't get Malkin, but you tend to get two really good players.

Yep, 3 extra forwards in any position. A utility player can be a forward or defenceman.

How does everyone feel about the draft date? I have received a PM saying someone is not available for that date and time. So, when is everyone available near to that date? I can change to any time and any date. I will have to wait until I get home to check on everything.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Ive never done one of these before, so if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to organize for a draft it would be appreciated.

I believe you only get a minute per pick so you'd best organize the list provided on that site before it starts. My impression (from reading that site without ever participating before) is that the list is key to your drafting. Otherwise, just keep in mind how you're filling up each position as you go.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
I've never been in this type of pool before, either. Looks pretty cool.

Dumb question - as a minimum, do you basically have to post your 16 starters every day? And you only get the points those 16 guys produce that night?

So, if the whole league is playing on a Saturday, you'd potentially have 4 guys not dressed that are actually playing that night, so you have to kinda pick the 4 guys you want to sit out that might be least likely to garner any points for you that night?

And, if you don't do anything on a given day, does your previous roster just continue on?

:help:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I've never been in this type of pool before, either. Looks pretty cool.

Dumb question - as a minimum, do you basically have to post your 16 starters every day? And you only get the points those 16 guys produce that night?

So, if the whole league is playing on a Saturday, you'd potentially have 4 guys not dressed that are actually playing that night, so you have to kinda pick the 4 guys you want to sit out that might be least likely to garner any points for you that night?

And, if you don't do anything on a given day, does your previous roster just continue on?

:help:

This is a bit different from the day-to-day leagues (like default Yahoo Fantasy Hockey). You will set a weekly roster (you can set your roster for the upcoming week whenever if I remember correctly).

So your bench players will sit out the week, so you'd have to pick 4 that you think aren't going to do well that week. Obviously this backfires sometimes (******* Clarke McArthur last year for me, hot streak he's benched and cold streak he's in the lineup :laugh:).

It's a head to head league, so every week you are up against another team. Whoever puts up the most total points that week wins the matchup.

Your previous roster will keep going forever until you change it. That becomes a problem if people get injured and you have 4 guys on your roster who aren't playing. That's normally how you figure out who is inactive!

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is a bit different from the day-to-day leagues (like default Yahoo Fantasy Hockey). You will set a weekly roster (you can set your roster for the upcoming week whenever if I remember correctly).

So your bench players will sit out the week, so you'd have to pick 4 that you think aren't going to do well that week. Obviously this backfires sometimes (******* Clarke McArthur last year for me, hot streak he's benched and cold streak he's in the lineup :laugh:).

It's a head to head league, so every week you are up against another team. Whoever puts up the most total points that week wins the matchup.

Your previous roster will keep going forever until you change it. That becomes a problem if people get injured and you have 4 guys on your roster who aren't playing. That's normally how you figure out who is inactive!
That's how it was last season right?

If I'm reading this right, according to the settings for this new one it's daily lineup changes not weekly:
Lineup Changes
Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime

I don't know if you just hit the wrong one or if you can even change it at this point, though.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
How do I send a pm again? I've played lots of fantasy before and I think it would kick ass tiger back into it. Already have a keeper football league I've been in for the last several years. I might even have a decent shot!

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
How do I send a pm again? I've played lots of fantasy before and I think it would kick ass tiger back into it. Already have a keeper football league I've been in for the last several years. I might even have a decent shot!

Click on my username and press Send a Private Message.

Thanks for the interest! :)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Hey guys, just a reminder that we have to choose a draft day and time that works for everyone.

We can schedule the draft any time from September 19th the October 25th at any time of day. Let me know when everyone is available and we'll come up with a time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad