HF Jets Fantasy Hockey League (Keeper) 2014-15 Season 3

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
Trade block updated. Almost everyone is available for picks or for a 2-for-1 trade to upgrade my keepers. Only untouchables are Ovi and my Goalies.

Also, there was a very astute pickup today by The Negotiators, but unfortunately I think there's a Free Agency freeze rule in effect until the draft.

Wasn't planning on keeping him. Just picked him up to prevent others from doing that because I remember that happening last year. Was also goin to do Drouin but got distracted. Glad that the freeze is in effect.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Will the trade deadline this year be the same as the NHL trade deadline?

Also, I updated my trade block. Still looking for some defensive scoring. Krejci can be had for cheap.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Will the trade deadline this year be the same as the NHL trade deadline?

Also, I updated my trade block. Still looking for some defensive scoring. Krejci can be had for cheap.

Deadline is set for March 5 at 12pm EST. Only gives me the option to choose Thursdays it seems so that's the closest.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
:laugh: Wichita PurePower made it to the semi's having not updated his roster all year. Literally no activity since the draft.

And I knocked out Inflict for the 3rd year in a row :D

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I probably won't be continuing this next season, if anyone's interested in taking it over from me let me know. Sorry guys, I've been inactive for about 90% of this season and I think I'm just losing interest in hockey fantasy leagues. :(

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I probably won't be continuing this next season, if anyone's interested in taking it over from me let me know. Sorry guys, I've been inactive for about 90% of this season and I think I'm just losing interest in hockey fantasy leagues. :(

I think that I might be interested. I've only done fantasy hockey where it's just Points, but I think I would be up for the challenge.

I'm not entirely sure, but just putting it out there.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The championship came down to 1.2 points :amazed:. If only I had put Helm in the lineup. Can't really complain though. My team overachieved (i.e. pure luck in fantasy leagues, especially when I missed the draft).

uhhh... but there was a mistake. The front page is showing the winner as a team that wasn't even in the finals.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
:laugh: Wichita PurePower made it to the semi's having not updated his roster all year. Literally no activity since the draft.

And I knocked out Inflict for the 3rd year in a row :D

:laugh:. A 1st round exit almost hurts as much as as losing twice in a row in the finals :cry:.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Yeah, I'm all for starting a new league. We need people to be active and I think having it for some small amount of money is a good way to encourage that. Not knowing each other IRL means bragging rights aren't really a good motivator.

I'm not convinced a keeper league is necessarily the best route though - it's more interesting in theory for hardcore fans to consider longterm roster implications, but it also means that people who lose are more likely to drop out, which leaves us with fewer teams, the task of finding someone to take over someone else's awful team, or re-drafting.

Full credit to Hammer for setting this up. It has been fun and it was my first fantasy hockey experience. But there's definitely some lessons to be learned, primarily with respect to roster balance. Goalie stats are worth too much in this format IMO, and there's too many teams to have 2 decent starters each.

Really, I missed the draft and still almost won just off the strength of my keepers (and some luck and some people not being active at all), which illustrates both the above points. Some people came in after the first year and took over some really hopeless rosters, which isn't fair to them. And goalies were not only the highest scoring players, they were also by far the most variable. My second best goalie, Varlamov, had >100 more fantasy points than any other player on my roster and more than any skater on any team. Price had almost 150 more points than Varlamov, far more than double what any skater on my team had. Just crazy imbalance when some teams were left with backups on their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad