OT: HF Hawks City Meetup - Summer Edition - TBD

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
MB, you live near the bar where we had the last one, right? If so... it's an easy 30-35 min ride to my house. Just hop on I55 south and take it to Lemont Road. From there you're like 2 mins away. I live back behind the Bolingbrook Promenade/Bass Pro Shops, etc. So someone may even be able to pick you guys up or something. And then you could always Uber home for like 20-30 bucks, at the most, I'm sure.

I have yet to talk to my gf about it, but I don't foresee any issues with it. We would just have to figure out a day to do it when I don't have family **** going on. This weekend is free, but too late I would say. I have stuff going on the next 4 weekends after this one, so possibly Saturday July 22nd? Or the following weekend the 29th? I think either will work for me. What say you other folks? Or we possibly have the White Sox game the weekend of July 29th that we could do it at. Doesn't really matter to me, honestly.

Edit: So talked to her about it and she's fine with it. Recommended the July 22nd weekend because we were talking about planning a vacation around the 29th. What do you all think of doing the 22nd at my house? We can do BYOB and bring a side dish or snack of some kind? I can handle doing bbq pulled pork for everyone, depending on how many, obviously. We can always put together a list in this thread of what people would wanna bring, etc.

Oh, and you'd have to be OK with dogs, too. I have two of em.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
May have to just do it at a bar or something. I'm not in the mindset to put something together at my house right now. Had a very close childhood friend of ours pass away unexpectedly this past Wednesday.

July 22nd would still work for me as far as the weekend goes, if we wanna meet up somewhere. I just can't see my girlfriend and I trying to organize a bbq for a bunch of people right now. Sorry all.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's totally understandable. We wouldn't expect you to do that. Im so sorry.

Thanks. It's a tough one to handle, as both my gf and I grew up with him since 7 or 8 years old and were part of a close group of friends. Just saw him 6 or 8 weeks ago, and seemed happy. He's dealt with some things for a long time and just couldn't take it anymore, I guess. :cry: Just 31 years young, left behind a wife and 4 kids, and so many other relatives and close friends. I can't believe my liver withstood the last 5 days. This morning when I woke up was the first moment I've been sober since Wednesday afternoon when I left work after finding out.
:shakehead

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Thanks. It's a tough one to handle, as both my gf and I grew up with him since 7 or 8 years old and were part of a close group of friends. Just saw him 6 or 8 weeks ago, and seemed happy. He's dealt with some things for a long time and just couldn't take it anymore, I guess. :cry: Just 31 years young, left behind a wife and 4 kids, and so many other relatives and close friends. I can't believe my liver withstood the last 5 days. This morning when I woke up was the first moment I've been sober since Wednesday afternoon when I left work after finding out.
:shakehead

If you need to talk, my PMs are open.

klassic

Jul 30, 2014
Everyone complains about having to drive so far. Then one of us Rockford-area people chime in. Seems to make them rethink how far is far.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Won't make this one if we do it the 22nd still. That day is my Mom's bday. Initially we were going to do something for it on Sunday so the 22nd would have been fine, but that has since changed to Saturday due to some other stuff going on Sunday. So I'm out. Sorry guys! I'll have to make the next one.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hawks convention is this weekend and I am going. If you pick a different weekend...perhaps sometime in August, I'm down for it. Otherwise, have fun and I'll try to join you guys next time.

P.S.- This J.P. Burkes looks pretty cool!

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I'm honestly more down with sometime in August, too. I don't have much of anything going on then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad