OT: HF Hawks City Meetup - Summer Edition - TBD

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I am always down for baseball, obviously. I'm also down for June. That A's series looks nice.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Weekends are best for me. Friday night may be doable but tougher. June is probably better for me too other than draft weekend.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Upcoming White Sox weekend home series:
June 24-25 - Oakland
July 1-2 - Texas
July 15-16 - Seattle
July 29-30 - Cleveland

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Upcoming White Sox weekend home series:
June 24-25 - Oakland
July 1-2 - Texas
July 15-16 - Seattle
July 29-30 - Cleveland

My vote in bold. Family stuff the other weekends. Underlined for second choice. And I'd probably prefer a Sunday day game. The 16th against Seattle is a 1:10pm start. That one would be perfect, IMO.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just realized I can't do that one. Pitchfork is that weekend.

1st choice or 2nd choice? :laugh:
The Cleveland series has a 1:10pm Sunday game as well. The 30th.

Edit: just checked and the 15th weekend is no good for me either. Would have to be that last weekend in July against cleveland. The other 3 weekends I have stuff going on.

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
1st choice or 2nd choice? :laugh:
The Cleveland series has a 1:10pm Sunday game as well. The 30th.

Edit: just checked and the 15th weekend is no good for me either. Would have to be that last weekend in July against cleveland. The other 3 weekends I have stuff going on.

Cleveland could be sticky. Could be in California. Could also be here.

Generally, Sunday day games don't work for me because of softball.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
:laugh: usually helps.

Saturday evening games are fine with me too. Just thought a sunday day game would be cool. Can still tailgate and stuff at a Saturday game and that's more what I'm looking forward to anyways.

This has always been a problem for me (stares at DHF) :laugh:

I can do the Sunday game on 4th of July weekend, since we have no games.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This has always been a problem for me (stares at DHF) :laugh:

I can do the Sunday game on 4th of July weekend, since we have no games.

We may do our family 4th of July party on Saturday this year instead of on the 4th... a Tuesday. So IDK if I want to get up at 8 or 9am after a long night and load a car with bags, food, grill, etc. to go to the game. If that's the one that works best for everyone else, though, I could make it work. It'll just be a "hair of the dog" wake up and start drinking again kind of morning, I guess. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We can also just do the bar and have it sooner rather than later.

True. I just prefer to be outside in nice weather, rather than sitting inside the bar. They got bags and stuff like that over there, and a patio, right? Can't remember. Or we can have it at my house... BYOB, and I'll supply some homemade pulled pork... people can bring some sides. Although I'm probably nuts for suggesting that, and should probably talk it over with the SO as well... :laugh:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
True. I just prefer to be outside in nice weather, rather than sitting inside the bar. They got bags and stuff like that over there, and a patio, right? Can't remember. Or we can have it at my house... BYOB, and I'll supply some homemade pulled pork... people can bring some sides. Although I'm probably nuts for suggesting that, and should probably talk it over with the SO as well... :laugh:

:laugh: yeah, you may want to clear it with her first before inviting a bunch of ugly mugs from the internet over haha.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
:laugh: yeah, you may want to clear it with her first before inviting a bunch of ugly mugs from the internet over haha.

Haha. I met you all. None of you are THAT ugly. ;)

I'll mention it to her tonight when she comes home buzzed up from going out to the bar with the rest of the teachers. It's their last day of the school year today so I expect she'll be pretty agreeable. Haha.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI

They do have a patio. There's a bar down the block, too, with a pretty nice patio and bags setup, but everything is overpriced there.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It wouldn't be ONLY men if I'm able to show up :p:

Very true. My brother's wife and my GF would probably be there if it were at my house, too. And my daughters too, possibly, depending on the weekend. I'm not opposed to doing a HF Hawks bbq at my house, though. Again, I'll have to discuss it with the boss lady, but I doubt she cares. Thoughts everyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad