OT: HF Habs meetup - Saturday@5:30 p.m.@Station des Sports, Ste Catherine West (Come join us!)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I didn't know if I'd bother going to one this season if we had one, but with how fun the team is, I'm definitely down.

Anyone else want to get a group together to watch a game at Station des Sports (or elsewhere?). I figure we should give people a few weeks notice so how about on Saturday, November 24th against the Bruins?

Confirmed:
Le Tricolore
Lshap
Treb
FazChenyuk
Belial
kalessin

I'll edit this post with more details once we figure something out.

I'm going to the game that night with my son. Where is the meeting place and what time?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm going to the game that night with my son. Where is the meeting place and what time?
Station des Sports (2051 Saint-Catherine St W, Montreal, QC H3H 1M6). During the game. :laugh:

We'd probably be there for 5:30 or so since normally you have to reserve / be there 90 minutes before the game, so you could always swing by for a beer.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
@kalessin and I have a tradition when we watch games at bars with friends.

We each choose a player. If our player scores a goal then we buy any drink on the menu (or not..) and make anyone else drink it. We obviously do our best to make our friends drink disgusting things.

I assume that we'll play a large version of this at Station.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
@kalessin and I have a tradition when we watch games at bars with friends.

We each choose a player. If our player scores a goal then we buy any drink on the menu (or not..) and make anyone else drink it. We obviously do our best to make our friends drink disgusting things.

I assume that we'll play a large version of this at Station.
That's hilarious. I can see the wheels turning: "Do I go for embarrassment and get him a cocktail with a little parasol? Do I go for effect and combine bourbon with a cheeseburger?"

The question is whether those guys you did that with are still your friends.

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
That's hilarious. I can see the wheels turning: "Do I go for embarrassment and get him a cocktail with a little parasol? Do I go for effect and combine bourbon with a cheeseburger?"

The question is whether those guys are still your friends.
The whole thing started after we went to a bar to watch a Habs vs Lightning playoff game. It was game 2, if I'm not mistaken. We were at Peel Pub. We got there early so that we can get a seat for our decent sized group, so obviously we started drinking hours before the game. At one point we see a Paralyzer on the menu. It sounded terrible.

We were joking around saying that the other person should order it, but no one would budge.

Eventually, the game started. After the Habs scored a goal, the waitress came by and said that every time the Habs score, you could get a shot for $1 or $2 or something. Some really sweet blue shot. We decided that we'd get the shot.

At this point he and I were bugging each other and saying that we'd buy the other person the Paralyzer if they agree to drink it. We weren't drunk enough for that yet though.

Habs scored again, so we all did another shot in between our many beers we were consuming.

In the third, the Habs scored again. And then again.

By this time everyone at the table is pretty drunk other than my wife who is always the smart one. We all decided that we'd order a round of Paralyzers (well, @kalessin and I decided for the table). We got the drink and it was no where near as bad as you'd expect it to be, but it became a joke.

The next time we went to the game we came up with the idea for the game. We've had Paralyzers, we've had a Cocoa Cognac (which was by far the worst drink I've had to have during this game), and at one point we even ordered a half tequilla, half Peppermint Schnapps for someone. It's been a tradition ever since.

Fun fact: That night was, by far, the drunkest I have ever seen @ThaDevilGirl.

Reactions: Lshap

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Keep in mind my wife's coming. My girlfriend may also show up. I'm taking your drinking game of "Guess who scores" to a different level.
We have 6 posters who are coming + our wives (and uh, your girlfriend :laugh:). So that's eight unless I'm missing anyone.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We have 6 posters who are coming + our wives (and uh, your girlfriend :laugh:). So that's eight unless I'm missing anyone.

Im not gonna lie i have been feeling sick lately. Hopefully im good to go but it doesnt look good so far. Im an idiot as i have done a stupidity now im feeling nauseous.Im just saying in case as im not the type of jerk that doesnt show up and doesnt warn anybody.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3