HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Voting, Round 2

Who would win (pick one for each matchup)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
To counter point you:

He could just move Kunin to 3rd line C and then I'd prefer Monahan/Krejci to Schenn/Schmaltz. Tierney and Kunin are both guys who really don't move a needle for me. Schmaltz is one of the bigger reasons Arizona cratered in the 2nd half, he disappeared.

Monahan is the shooter on the top line and Huberdeau does it all, the 2nd line has a playmaker to feed Olofsson or Toffoli, I don't see it as bad as you do.

Hart has been better than Bobrovsky but also...Florida D is eek, Alain Vigneault's system really benefits Hart's style.

You say Colorado has nobody playing on a line above their ability, Will Butcher isn't a 2nd pairing guy. Marino was great in the first half but he tailed off for me in the 2nd half, so that pairing as a whole scares me. Dobson also scares me, but Brodin is pretty stable at least. Ryan Pulock isn't really a guy who makes sense with Roman Josi.

I get a lot of crap for Pavelski on line 2 (mind you, as a C)...Nick Foligno is only line 2 in 5v5 minutes because he's a 3rd liner in reality.

You just said Graves having played limited off-hand is fine, Seth Jones could play off-hand and he'd still be a great defender. Doughty on a new team could inspire him (I'm not the biggest Doughty guy anymore too but playing with Jones wouldn't hurt him at all).

Points I agree on: Dobson/Fantenberg/Schenn is a yikes 4/5/6 D. Josi is my 2nd best D right now in the league. Hart has been better than Bob. I felt it was close but Vancouver had better upside, better capability to score goals, better PP due to the forward talent. Vancouver has 7 impact forwards, Colorado has about 4-5 depending on the night.
:thumbu: Spot on.
Trust me, I knew the faults of my bottom half of my roster, it’s the cap restraints I had to work with after the trade, Risk reward.

obviously pushing my votes are my top six, I feel there’s just an incredible amount of scoring potential, Which is probably the biggest reason why I am up a bit on Colorado at the second.

Seth Jones is playing his offside, but he has done so in the past, and also he’s probably one of the best shut down the defenders in the world.

I agree with you on my depth for D as well, Of course I disagree with panda on DD, Who with another team I think would be a top defender in the league again, no question.

As for the goaltending.
Bobrovsky had a terrible year, there’s no sugarcoating it, but let’s not pretend he’s an average called me, he’s been standout for basically half a decade.

I can absolutely see him bounce back.

Overall, I feel my team has faults just like every other team, it’s going to be a very close match up, my last matchup was crazy close also, this is fun

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Looks like the :sharks might be going down in this round. It was a fun first draft for me, the #32 position certainly wasn't optimal but I'm happy with the offense I was able to put together. Thanks for a good game, guys!

It looks like I'm going to win this series, but gg, this was awesome. I loved the off-the-board approach you took, going BPA instead of following the center trend.

Hope to see you again in the next game!

Reactions: datboichoi

Cocoloco

May 27, 2020
Just woke up!
Voting now had to really think between a few last night, sorry for the wait, gonna post it now.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
@LatvianTwist, I made my votes, but accidentally missed one matchup and it happens to be a close one, I vote Colorado over Vancouver. All my other votes are in.

As for my matchup (LA vs MIN), it looks like I will drop out here. I think my team is better, but I’m happy to go out against that Minny team. I’m biased, but I think my team is a top 3 team this time around... Minny is too though. This matchup could be the final IMO. That’s what makes this voting style fun though the bracket can get ya early.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
@LatvianTwist, I made my votes, but accidentally missed one matchup and it happens to be a close one, I vote Colorado over Vancouver. All my other votes are in.

As for my matchup (LA vs MIN), it looks like I will drop out here. I think my team is better, but I’m happy to go out against that Minny team. I’m biased, but I think my team is a top 3 team this time around... Minny is too though. This matchup could be the final IMO. That’s what makes this voting style fun though the bracket can get ya early.

Yeah I couldn't believe I was going against your team in Round 2 but that Minny team is very strong.

Both definitely top-5 at least imo.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
@Panda Bear thank you for championing my team this round . Honestly surprised it so close . Granted my team is not sexy but it’s probably one of the best balanced teams in the tournament. More importantly my team has a ton of veterans and playoff experience. Van has way too many untested players in their line-up, this is a playoff simulation correct?

Reactions: Panda Bear

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So I have COL/VAN as not tied. But go ahead and vote @datboichoi , no reason not to. If it does end up tied I'll go find another GM to vote.

All of the others are decided for sure.

Reactions: datboichoi

datboichoi

May 26, 2020
People really shouldn't be voting Vancouver here.

Bobrovsky has been atrocious this year while Hart has been very good.

Jones--who's playing on his off side--is paired with the corpse of Doughty.

Noah Dobson, who had no business being in the NHL this year, is on the second pairing.

Luke Schenn, one of the worst players in the NHL now, is on his third pairing.

Mittelstadt, his third line centre, is a guy who spent the last half of the season being mediocre in the AHL.

Colorado, on the other hand, doesn't have a single player who's playing on a line or pairing way above their ability, has the best centre depth, an excellent goalie, oh, and the best defenceman in the NHL.

Even their line constructions are better. Each player has a clear role, while Vancouver's first line has duplicated styles in Huberdeau and Gusev while their second line has duplicated styles in Olofsson and Toffoli.

Jesus Christ, people.

Voting Avs here for many of the reasons that @Panda Bear enunciated. It's a close matchup, but I think Colorado has the Nucks outmatched in offense, defense, and goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad