HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Voting, Round 2

Who would win (pick one for each matchup)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.16.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.21.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.24.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.27.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.30.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.34.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.38.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 03.04.42.png

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Write in votes:

Boston over San Jose
Philadelphia over Dallas
Calgary over Seattle
Colorado over Vancouver
Minnesota over Los Angeles
Detroit over Columbus
Pittsburgh over Washington

Boston Bruins (1B)
Dallas Stars (2A)
Calgary Flames (3B)
Florida Panthers (5B)
Los Angeles Kings (6A)
Detroit Red Wings (7B)
Pittsburgh Penguins (8B)

SJ
PHI
CGY
COL
WAS
LA
CBJ
PIT

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you mess up the voting or can't vote yet, post it here publicly and I'll add it in manually.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Vote :bruins over :sharks, our defense and goaltending are both much better.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Probably going to get trounced by Philly but I'm glad I won a round. First non-super mock where I've actually even made the round of 16.

Improvement, I guess.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Yea I messed up lol. I’ll post in a bit

Yeah, you better not vote San Jose over Boston. :laugh:

I have to say though, I didn't think I would do that well against you, I thought it would be much closer.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Probably going to get trounced by Philly but I'm glad I won a round. First non-super mock where I've actually even made the round of 16.

Improvement, I guess.

Philly's a great team, it's tough luck playing them in the 2nd round.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Boston vs. San Jose is tough for me.

I regret even voting for myself, I don't deserve it after this drafts performance.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I have to say though, I didn't think I would do that well against you, I thought it would be much closer.
Ditto, I thought it would be close either way. I liked my forwards a lot but I’m guessing my defense did me in combined with a fringe starter.

first draft where I consciously valued forwards over defense and it didn’t work out well. Probably didn’t get the best value out of the Manson pick and Murphy has pretty blah name value. Also starting to think that going for checking 3rd lines is the way to go for sure to get votes. Trying to create a hybrid or 3rd scoring line doesn’t get votes.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Boston over San Jose for me. Better goalie, better D, comparable offense.

EDIT: D is closer than I thought...I may normally like SJ's in this case but I prefer Montour to DeMelo by a smidge (but DeMelo is good). Toews and Gustafsson are close. I'd rather have Hamilton to OEL and Trouba over Weegar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Llamamoto49

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Not sure yet, I have to break it down. I have a new mouse that f***ed up my votes, haven’t even looked yet.

First glance it looks pretty even, I think you have better names but SJ drafted a lot of players that I think get undervalued so it’ll be interesting to breakdown for me.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
:panthers

Vote Florida because:
1) We have superior centermen
2) We don't have Scott Mayfield on our top pairing
3) We were playing meaningful games while Washington sat idle :sarcasm:

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
People really shouldn't be voting Vancouver here.

Bobrovsky has been atrocious this year while Hart has been very good.

Jones--who's playing on his off side--is paired with the corpse of Doughty.

Noah Dobson, who had no business being in the NHL this year, is on the second pairing.

Luke Schenn, one of the worst players in the NHL now, is on his third pairing.

Mittelstadt, his third line centre, is a guy who spent the last half of the season being mediocre in the AHL.

Colorado, on the other hand, doesn't have a single player who's playing on a line or pairing way above their ability, has the best centre depth, an excellent goalie, oh, and the best defenceman in the NHL.

Even their line constructions are better. Each player has a clear role, while Vancouver's first line has duplicated styles in Huberdeau and Gusev while their second line has duplicated styles in Olofsson and Toffoli.

Jesus Christ, people.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Boston over San Jose for me. Better goalie, better D, comparable offense.

EDIT: D is closer than I thought...I may normally like SJ's in this case but Weegar is on his off-hand and I prefer Montour to DeMelo by a smidge (but DeMelo is good). Toews and Gustafsson are close. I'd rather have Hamilton to OEL and Trouba over off-hand Weegar.
Weegar has been playing his offhand for two reasons in a row now. He pairs with Ekblad as his LD. He's supposed to be there.

It's like Graves in Colorado.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Weegar has been playing his offhand for two reasons in a row now. He pairs with Ekblad as his LD. He's supposed to be there.

It's like Graves in Colorado.

Yes I had a brain fart, I'm well aware and for some reason forgot.

I should mention though that Graves only switched over near the end (with Girard), he played most of the season with Makar on his correct LHD. The only other time that was really experimented with for him was they had him playing right sometimes with Cole.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Boston has a better first line and a better goalie. Aside from that, San Jose walks it.

Weegar and Hamilton (who was having a Norris-contending season) have been far better this season than the underperforming, overrated OEL and Trouba duo. Montour has no business being on a second pairing, and while Toews is excellent, that pairing wouldn't outperform an underrated Gustafsson and a DeMelo who really came into his own this season.

San Jose's second line is stronger, and his third line is one of the best in the game.

God damn shame San Jose wound up with Allen and Lundqvist, but you can argue that Lundqvist--a notorious playoff gamer--might do very well after a Covid-19 inspired rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad