HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Or just do internal polls, that'd work easy enough too

Can we remove the 2 trade limit after the trade by chance:naughty:

I don't really want to change the rules yet again. We'll learn from this in future drafts, I'm sure.

The trading rules are clearly a failed experiment. Easy to adjust though (all or nothing, although for the sake of commissioners and draft boards perhaps all should only be after the draft).

I think the cap has been a great addition.

And it remains to be seen, but I think the bracket will make things more rewarding even for those eliminated early. Gives people a reason to follow - even if I lose in the first round, it's entirely possible to claim the 2nd best team by losing to the eventual winner.

The 30 minute clock was a big success last game as well, so I expect that to continue.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I don't really want to change the rules yet again. We'll learn from this in future drafts, I'm sure.

The trading rules are clearly a failed experiment. Easy to adjust though (all or nothing, although for the sake of commissioners and draft boards perhaps all should only be after the draft).

I think the cap has been a great addition.

And it remains to be seen, but I think the bracket will make things more rewarding even for those eliminated early. Gives people a reason to follow - even if I lose in the first round, it's entirely possible to claim the 2nd best team by losing to the eventual winner.

The 30 minute clock was a big success last game as well, so I expect that to continue.
Actually, I love that. Trades are only allowed for a day post draft (yes people will trade before but don't be stupid and announce it), the cap we have, the bracket. Definitely would be great. We've seen some BIG deals this draft

Reactions: OB5

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Actually, I love that. Trades are only allowed for a day post draft (yes people will trade before but don't be stupid and announce it), the cap we have, the bracket. Definitely would be great. We've seen some BIG deals this draft
Not a fan, I feel the only problem with trades was how limited they were.

I suggested that 5 Total pick and player trades (aka 5 each), Is a good number.
Honestly if you want to be more tight about it make it three.
Don’t limit the amount of picks that can be traded, or players, Just limit the total amount of trades.
Let trades only be allowed after the 10th round, This is when most teams will have an established top six, top two defenseman, and a potential goalie.

It also gives more flexibility

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well there was only one guy that was announcing trades beforehand and I highly doubt he will be joining an LT or Joey run draft anytime soon.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
I wanna ruin it
tenor.gif

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'm not a fan of the internal voting, but I'm probably biased because I think both my opponent's team is very strong.

Maybe we do polls on the mains for the semis and finals or something.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not a fan of the internal voting, but I'm probably biased because I think both my opponent's team is very strong.

Maybe we do polls on the mains for the semis and finals or something.
I’m fine with internal voting, but only after this draft.
I think that’s the most fair and reasonable way

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Wasn't that already the plan for this draft?
internal voting? Don't think so, could be wrong tho

GMs will vote on each matchup to determine who will advance (vote for who you think would win each matchup, not who you think is the best - this provides more nuance to building a quality team)

oh, looks like your right haha

Reactions: Llamamoto49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad