HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Fairly even trade.

Flyers lose more guys but drafted well enough to handle it and have 3 elite forwards at all 3 positions up front.

Buffalo grabbed good depth, Sergachev is solid for them. Giroux at C has been a hot button issue and would have remained such.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Fairly even trade.

Flyers lose more guys but drafted well enough to handle it and have 3 elite forwards at all 3 positions up front.

Buffalo grabbed good depth, Sergachev is solid for them. Giroux at C has been a hot button issue and would have remained such.

yup that trade was incredibly fair but I have to be honest here

I think SJSharks being a veteran in game 1 and 2, and rightfully a hater of mine and addison (rip) has a lot of intuition on what it takes to win. He is such a good drafter now I discover he's a great trader. I think he took advantage of poor neocanuck who's a big flyers and giroux fan. He has a giroux poster on his wall

Damn I'm going to have to keep an eye on him, and who he drafts. They're definitely moving up my draft list for 2020-21 fantasy mock

Reactions: Gecklund

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
I honestly think Drouin on a team like SJSharks would be better than Nathan MacKinnon

any of you guys remember when Drouin was ranked above MacKinnon when both were on the Mooseheads? I have the same vibe here

Drouin carries a guy like Tatar who got traded for Meier and Meier is a top 30 player in the league

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Now my concern for Buffalo after that trade is...

...more depth yes, but do they have enough top-end firepower for voters to care?

I love a Lindholm-Sergachev pairing to absolute death but I realize that some voters care about how sexy that top six looks like more than they maybe should (although it should be a factor of course)

Reactions: Nucker101

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016

...more depth yes, but do they have enough top-end firepower for voters to care?

I love a Lindholm-Sergachev pairing to absolute death but I realize that some voters care about how sexy that top six looks like.

Sergachev is indeed a stud

He's LD but he can play RD because Lindholm is a calming presence. Lindholm definitely should have been drafted 32 picks ahead of SHEA THEODORE and not 32 picks behind

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I love a Lindholm-Sergachev pairing to absolute death but I realize that some voters care about how sexy that top six looks like more than they maybe should (although it should be a factor of course)
Agreed, will be interesting to see this play out. Philly's depth will be weak but loaded up top, Buffalo's top end is questionable but his depth will likely be unrivalled.

Reactions: Gecklund

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Sergachev is indeed a stud

He's LD but he can play RD because Lindholm is a calming presence. Lindholm definitely should have been drafted 32 picks ahead of SHEA THEODORE and not 32 picks behind

Shea Theodore is also great though, and underappreciated.

I think the Ducks dealing him was their biggest mistake of the decade.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Agreed, will be interesting to see this play out. Philly's depth will be weak but loaded up top, Buffalo's top end is questionable but his depth will likely be unrivalled.

100% Phillys depth will be crucified

No way there are players on the same planet as patrick or kapanen

Not sure why he did it

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

nice attempt at moving your goalposts!

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Shea Theodore is also great though, and underappreciated.

I think the Ducks dealing him was their biggest mistake of the decade.

I feel shea theodore is overrated and this is coming from a knights fan and someone that overpaid for him in a trade

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Open to trade ideas on both EDM/OTT. Feel like D is the weakness for both squads and would possibly be willing to move one of my top centers.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Open to trade ideas on both EDM/OTT. Feel like D is the weakness for both squads and would possibly be willing to move one of my top centers.

why didn't you trade for giroux? oh right because neocanuck came in with a huuuuuuge overpayment

neocanuck what were u doing man!

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
yup that trade was incredibly fair but I have to be honest here

I think SJSharks being a veteran in game 1 and 2, and rightfully a hater of mine and addison (rip) has a lot of intuition on what it takes to win. He is such a good drafter now I discover he's a great trader. I think he took advantage of poor neocanuck who's a big flyers and giroux fan. He has a giroux poster on his wall

Damn I'm going to have to keep an eye on him, and who he drafts. They're definitely moving up my draft list for 2020-21 fantasy mock

I mean, he's not wrong.

2LQqg3E.jpg

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
super like,

but I feel you should never have let your partner know about that in trade negotiations. He'd bend you backwards, and we just saw it

I feel like if you really like quality depth then yeah it might seem like an overpay, especially since Giroux is a winger now. But if you value top end talent its pretty fair.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
I feel like if you really like quality depth then yeah it might seem like an overpay, especially since Giroux is a winger now. But if you value top end talent its pretty fair.

I will eat my hat if Neo uses the 11th round pick and selects someone as good as Patrick

and I will eat a shovel if Neo uses his 18th round pick and selects someone as good as Kapanen

screenshot it fellas

I think he's being sarcastic.

don't think goats know how to be sarcastic, pandas might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad