HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
You're seriously going to defend him after all the shit he's pulled this entire game?

He's harassed multiple GMs multiple times. He's looked for and pushed for loopholes in the rules from the second he signed up. He's blindsided at least two GMs in trades using bullshit tactics that he's fully aware of. He's been incredibly cocky and just annoying to read the entire time.

And yet I'm suddenly the villain because of one trade?

Is it really my fault that the first shred of enjoyment I've gotten from the game was that trade?

-----

It's easy to be a passive onlooker from the sidelines and enjoy the drama. But I can't do that. I have to deal with it since I'm running this draft. And it's gotten far too annoying and unfun to deal with.

If you think I'm really that much of a problem, then we can just end this game right now and start a new one. I'm happy to keep running it for the people actually enjoying it, but if all that's going to happen is shit flinging at me, I'm not going to deal with it.

I think we all agree that Exq is a massive idiot but wtf was that trade bro

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Im sorryyyy I said I was going running, gimme five idk any of these guys at the top of my Corsica list

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think we all agree that Exq is a massive idiot but wtf was that trade bro

I really like Perron and I don't like Hall at all. I view that as a wash in all honesty. Clearly that isn't a consensus opinion.

I'm also a big Kuznetsov fan and centers clearly have a lot of value. The difference between Hedman and Edler and Kuznetsov and my next pick I think roughly evens out.

In picks alone it would be:

17, 48, 401 for 35, 158, 163

It's not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. There have been worse trades this game.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So theres this really fun guy I want, and a list of guys that'd be smart, and idk what to do now.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Can somebody just quickly let me know when I am up, I am on my phone and don’t have a lot of time

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Surprised an ELC winger who was productive in his NHL stint lasted this long.

Zadina is a great pick @hockeynorth
Thanks man! Thats why I took him tbh, I was thinking no way he slips to my next pick so I have to snag him now. Wanted him really badly.

Svechnikov-R. Strome-Fiala
B. Tkachuk-Little-Yamamoto
Kubalik-Haula-Zadina

Told you I was all in on the roll 4 lines thing, I really might do it.

The cap hit was a huge factor too. <51 million so far baby.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks man! Thats why I took him tbh, I was thinking no way he slips to my next pick so I have to snag him now. Wanted him really badly.

Svechnikov-R. Strome-Fiala
B. Tkachuk-Little-Yamamoto
Kubalik-Haula-Zadina

Told you I was all in on the roll 4 lines thing, I really might do it.

The cap hit was a huge factor too. <51 million so far baby.

I have no clue how to feel about your team.

The centers obviously suck. But the amount of young offensive skill in the that top-9 winger group is insane.

An experiment, that's for sure.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Open season in Vegas:
Taylor Hall ($6.000M) - Elias Pettersson ($0.925M) - Phil Kessel ($8.000M)
Jason Zucker ($5.500M) - Jeff Carter ($5.273M) - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Victor Hedman ($7.875M) - Damon Severson ($4.167M)
Ben Hutton ($1.500M) - XXX
XXX - XXX

Pavel Francouz ($0.950M)
Khudobin

Salary Cap - $70.000M
Cap Spent - $40.190M
Cap Space - $29.810M
I'm back so I can trade now.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I have no clue how to feel about your team.

The centers obviously suck. But the amount of young offensive skill in the that top-9 winger group is insane.

An experiment, that's for sure.
The thing is they're ~50 point Cs this year, and 2nd line type Cs in an offensive roll. I really did try and build it with a Vegas type model. It's essentially 3 2nd lines.

Reactions: m0pe

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Open season in Vegas:
Taylor Hall ($6.000M) - Elias Pettersson ($0.925M) - Phil Kessel ($8.000M)
Jason Zucker ($5.500M) - Jeff Carter ($5.273M) - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Victor Hedman ($7.875M) - Damon Severson ($4.167M)
Ben Hutton ($1.500M) - XXX
XXX - XXX

Pavel Francouz ($0.950M)
XXX

Salary Cap - $70.000M
Cap Spent - $40.190M
Cap Space - $29.810M
I'm back so I can trade now.

Pretty sure you have Khudobin too

Reactions: hockeynorth

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
You're seriously going to defend him after all the shit he's pulled this entire game?

He's harassed multiple GMs multiple times. He's looked for and pushed for loopholes in the rules from the second he signed up. He's blindsided at least two GMs in trades using bullshit tactics that he's fully aware of. He's been incredibly cocky and just annoying to read the entire time.

And yet I'm suddenly the villain because of one trade?

Is it really my fault that the first shred of enjoyment I've gotten from the game was that trade?

-----

It's easy to be a passive onlooker from the sidelines and enjoy the drama. But I can't do that. I have to deal with it since I'm running this draft. And it's gotten far too annoying and unfun to deal with.

If you think I'm really that much of a problem, then we can just end this game right now and start a new one. I'm happy to keep running it for the people actually enjoying it, but if all that's going to happen is shit flinging at me, I'm not going to deal with it.
I know Exq is annoying with his shit talking but that doesn’t ruin the integrity of the draft like collusion does or owning two team does. So yea I think it’s a shit move in comparison, the only people defending it are the ones who are way to upset at a troll in a fantasy draft.

Him talking shit doesn’t waste my time, but someone colluding with a trade does make this draft a waste of time for the rest of us. It’s a slap in the face. It’s a selfish and petty move to make a questionable lopsided trade for “your own enjoyment” without consideration for the other people in this draft

That’s all I’m gonna say on it. I’m finishing this draft unless my team gets stripped too for speaking out against a mod. I’ll finish the draft out of respect for everyone else’s time but I’m definitely not doing it for anyone who’s cheating or attempted to cheat in a damn fantasy hockey draft.

I’ll limit myself to only posting in the draft thread if I still have the team

Last edited:

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
:caps

Rickard Rakell - William Karlsson - Nikita Kucherov
Robby Fabbri - Nazem Kadri - Jake Virtanen
XXX - Roope Hintz - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Miro Heiskanen - Tony DeAngelo
Ben Chiarot - Scott Mayfield
XXX - XXX

Robin Lehner
XXX

any line-up suggestions would be appreciated!

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
:caps

Rickard Rakell - William Karlsson - Nikita Kucherov
Robby Fabbri - Nazem Kadri - Jake Virtanen
XXX - Roope Hintz - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Miro Heiskanen - Tony DeAngelo
Ben Chiarot - Scott Mayfield
XXX - XXX

Robin Lehner
XXX

any line-up suggestions would be appreciated!

Sick team, doesnt really have any holes, Hintz is a great 3C, Karlsson and Kucherov carried me to semifinals last game.

Chiarot and Mayfield are better paired with puck movers tho.

Reactions: Makaveli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad