HF Flyers Yahoo Keeper league. Season 4

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Regarding the current trade, you will need to do a subsequent trade once this one is complete.

You can't trade 5th and 15th round picks because the first 20 picks are used for keepers.

Only picks 21-30 (which are used in the actual draft) can be swapped. I'll let the two of you sort it out between you, but you'll need to trade 5/15 back and then sub that with two different picks in the 21-30 range.
I did not even see the picks included and would not have accepted the trade if I saw them.
But I did accept, so 22 for 27 seems fair.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I did not even see the picks included and would not have accepted the trade if I saw them.
But I did accept, so 22 for 27 seems fair.

Well shit this is going to be tricky because I wouldn't have accepted or proposed 22 for 27. I wanted to move up 10 so that would make it 20 for 30 and I assume you wouldn't go for that.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I changed settings so that I could commissioner reject the trade. I will change it back to league approval.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I'd like to propose a rules change for the 2020-21 season.

Currently we have 1 IR+ slot and 3 IR slots. The problem that I am seeing is that NHL teams are frequently listing players as OUT or DTD when they should be on the IR.

For example, Mitch Marner has been OUT for 2 days now when everyone know he is out for about 4 weeks. Another example is Roope Hintz, he was injured on Nov 2 but is still OUT instead of IR.

If we look at the fantasy teams, half of them currently have an injured player on their bench or active roster because they have more than one OUT/DTD and no option for replacements.

The point of IR/IR+ slots is to allow teams to replace injured players. I'd like to propose we switch all 3 IR slots to IR+ slots, allowing teams to carry 4 injured players at a time. The argument against this would be that it allows teams to stream more freely, but I think the 3 adds per week maximum effectively thwarts this anyways.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I'd like to propose a rules change for the 2020-21 season.

Currently we have 1 IR+ slot and 3 IR slots. The problem that I am seeing is that NHL teams are frequently listing players as OUT or DTD when they should be on the IR.

For example, Mitch Marner has been OUT for 2 days now when everyone know he is out for about 4 weeks. Another example is Roope Hintz, he was injured on Nov 2 but is still OUT instead of IR.

If we look at the fantasy teams, half of them currently have an injured player on their bench or active roster because they have more than one OUT/DTD and no option for replacements.

The point of IR/IR+ slots is to allow teams to replace injured players. I'd like to propose we switch all 3 IR slots to IR+ slots, allowing teams to carry 4 injured players at a time. The argument against this would be that it allows teams to stream more freely, but I think the 3 adds per week maximum effectively thwarts this anyways.

So, good news bad news.

I was able to adjust the IR+ from 1 to 2, but when I tried to adjust the IR from 3 to 2 it wouldn't let me reduce the number of IR slots (even though we would go from 3 IR/1 IR+ to 2 IR/2 IR+).

However, since I did IR+ first and accepted the increase, it also will not allow me to now reduce IR+ back to 1.

TL:DR - For the reason of the season we are at 3 IR/2IR+ for a total of 5 injured slots. I guess this is the new version we will test.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
So, good news bad news.

I was able to adjust the IR+ from 1 to 2, but when I tried to adjust the IR from 3 to 2 it wouldn't let me reduce the number of IR slots (even though we would go from 3 IR/1 IR+ to 2 IR/2 IR+).

However, since I did IR+ first and accepted the increase, it also will not allow me to now reduce IR+ back to 1.

TL:DR - For the reason of the season we are at 3 IR/2IR+ for a total of 5 injured slots. I guess this is the new version we will test.

I am definitely okay with being able to stash more injured players! We're into that Thanksgiving-Christmas stretch now that tends to have an excessive number of injuries every season.

My guess is that reducing an IR/IR+ slot would put at least one team into a situation where their team was not longer valid so the system rejected it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad