HF Flyers Yahoo Keeper league. Season 4

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This is ridiculous, on their official app, I can’t view my roster before the draft, I can’t draft (or at least could not in previous years), I can’t set keepers. I think I’m the last two years the only time I have turned on my laptop was to draft. I take that back, I turned it on the jailbreak my vita.
I’ll have to find the charger again, thanks for the help confirming that I can’t do it from my phone.

Shakey Graves

Jun 10, 2019
South Jersey
Hi all,

I have renewed our keeper league for its fourth season and my second as commissioner. Everyone has auto-renewed, but I would like everyone to actively respond here so that we can ensure every team has an active manager and replace them if not. The teams from last season are as follows:

Team nameUser nameReturning
Orange CrushPitReturning
Adeptus Astartes@MkollReturning
Laughton My Ass Off@DefectReturning
DrinkFightFlyers@DrinkFightFlyersReturning
Insulin@InsulinReturning
No Hellebuyck Girl@denominatorReturning
SnS Last Place@SnSReturning
Sambeek Storm@DutchDennisReturning
Superfriends@CanadianSniper New
Tung Padevat@saophimReturning
Mike's Team@mdm815Returning
WildCatHockey@WeHaveBeenFletched Returning
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The wait list is below with one hold-over from last season. If anyone new wants to get on the wait list, please chime in.
Wait list (for replacement)
@Chuck Downie - Wait list #1
@pooch - Wait list #2
@kammy - Wait list #3
@Dooble08 - Wait list #4
@dilbert719 - Wait list #5

For returning players: Since there is no need for an expansion draft this season, we are back to 20 keepers. The full roster is 30.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to another good season.

I would consider joining up and I would be a newbie. Do you guys add a cash prize at all to keep people involved? I always found that even like $20 keeps people from disappearing during the season. Also, what is the estimated date for draft? How would that all work out?

Lastly, we can't all choose all the Flyers hahahaha.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I would consider joining up and I would be a newbie. Do you guys add a cash prize at all to keep people involved? I always found that even like $20 keeps people from disappearing during the season. Also, what is the estimated date for draft? How would that all work out?

Lastly, we can't all choose all the Flyers hahahaha.

We don't do the cash prize - just friendly fun and bragging rights.

The draft is September 19th, but we're full up for this season. If you want to be added to the waiting list for next season, please let me know.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I clicked the link in the email you sent, and it actually takes me to a non mobile version of the website, but then says that I’m not a member of the league...

That's Yahoo's default e-mail, so I don't know the link they sent out.

I don't know the details of the app, but it seems to be pretty crappy for league/team setup. Since I need to manually edit your keepers for you at this point, I'll just message you your roster and you message me your 20.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
That's Yahoo's default e-mail, so I don't know the link they sent out.

I don't know the details of the app, but it seems to be pretty crappy for league/team setup. Since I need to manually edit your keepers for you at this point, I'll just message you your roster and you message me your 20.
That works

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Keepers are now set for every team.

Be ready for the draft this Thursday!

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
What time is the draft? So I have plenty of time to fire up the laptop and run the god knows how many updates.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
when are the players actually going to be entered in as keepers? it still shows full rosters which make it impossible to fill out a draft que

They are entered as keepers. They don't get pulled out of the rankings until the online draft portion. It's stupid but that is how they do it.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
So what’s the deal w the draft? My app still registered as last season

Edit: scratch that damn my app must have been out of whack. Looks like it auto’d for me tho so at least i have a team

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Sorry for not bumping this specific league, but I thought it would be an okay place to put this.

I am in another Yahoo fantasy league and we are in desperate need for a new GM. The guy has been there forever and he just retired from fantasy and the person that was supposed to replace him backed out. This is an 18 team full keeper league and you would be taking over a top 8 team. I only need one volunteer, but it would be much preferred if you're active often and willing to put in the effort for now and in the future. While it's not a pay league, we do take it seriously. Let me know on who is willing to join up and I can give you more details. PM me your Discord info as well if you have one.

Again, sorry for hijacking this thread.

EDIT: OPEN SPOT TAKEN. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I have too many LW/RW and not enough Centers. Who has the opposite and wants to make a trade or two?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Regarding the current trade, you will need to do a subsequent trade once this one is complete.

You can't trade 5th and 15th round picks because the first 20 picks are used for keepers.

Only picks 21-30 (which are used in the actual draft) can be swapped. I'll let the two of you sort it out between you, but you'll need to trade 5/15 back and then sub that with two different picks in the 21-30 range.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Regarding the current trade, you will need to do a subsequent trade once this one is complete.

You can't trade 5th and 15th round picks because the first 20 picks are used for keepers.

Only picks 21-30 (which are used in the actual draft) can be swapped. I'll let the two of you sort it out between you, but you'll need to trade 5/15 back and then sub that with two different picks in the 21-30 range.

Would it be easier to cancel the existing trade and then we can reset it with correct picks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad