HF Census: How many of you have played hockey?

Have you ever played hockey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Yes, 6 t0 18. B level player all the way through to final year of Midget and then had a chance to play Junior B in the VIJHL (or at least offered to come try out for Saanich Braves) but was more interested in playing drums, partying and girls at that age. Regret that I didn't. Played recreationally at Uni and then Saturday night late-night beer league ever since until last March. Miss it. Still have the skills but WAY out of shape now

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Played mostly roller with a bit of ice. Stopped at 13 but still played the occasional pickup game every couple years.

Spent 8 months conditioning and bought a brand new set of gear - was going to join a competitive ice league for 2020 but all of the local rinks have been shut down due to the Shanghai Shivers.

I'm so desperate to skate again that I've been pricing out artificial ice rinks so I can just build my own - going to have to buy a farm first to have the space though.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I don't think you're going to end up with a very realistic poll result. I frankly believe that a huge majority of the posters here have never skated let alone played the game but most of them are not going to respond to this question.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
HF Hockey meetup is the only way

I recently had someone use a video from a computer game to try and prove a shootout goal was one of the "greatest moments in hockey history". It was deliciously an ironic verification of the "reality" that some people live in.

Last edited:

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I have played for a little over 30 years, and coached for about 10. I am at the rink (in pre-covid days) 3-6 times a week. Getting old now, though, and starting to drop down in my divisions, can't keep up with these young kids joining the league. Still have so much fun and owe so much to the sport.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Some reason I didn't like hockey growing up as much as I do now. Pretty much quit when I was 13 to the frustration of my Dad haha.

Found Lacrosse though and loved it

Reactions: AvroArrow

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Wish I could, parents could never afford it as they came to Canada as immigrants. It's such an expensive and time consuming sport, driving here or there etc. But my kids are definitely going to be enrolled in hockey programs.

I didn’t play until I was an adult and could afford it on my own. It’s never too late and it’s worth it!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I played junior A and CIS. Played with and against a few future NHLers over the years.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
My athletic talent was always for baseball, but baseball is so f***ing boring.

I love watching hockey, have never played a game in my life. Hell I've never laced up skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad