HF Census: How many of you have played hockey?

Have you ever played hockey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Played til I had open heart surgery in high school. Doctor's orders were no contact sports for a year. After the year was up and I'd gotten taller, my parents refused to buy me new gear so, that was that. Guess I could've saved up to buy my own but I didn't see the point after missing so much time. Not like I was some threat to even make it to the ECHL or anything like that.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Quit playing competitively as soon as they started making us do dryland training. f*** that noise getting up at 6am in the summer.

Really missing my beer league this year

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Only played ball/roller hockey, and OP said that doesn't count, so voted no.

Just not much opportunity to throughout my life. Schools didn't have a hockey team. Ice rinks too far out and/or didn't have schedules to fit my life.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Max Pacioretty was on my first hockey team at age 6. He had a better career.

I played in high school, club in college, and play on 2 beer league teams in Seattle. I enjoy it now more than ever.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
As much as I love hockey, and have been watching it since I was 4, I never played ice hockey. Played floor hockey as an adult, I know, not the same.

As a kid, my family wasn’t well off. It was too damn expensive. Also, while I liked skating, I was bullied because of the way I skated, by kids who played ice hockey of course. So I just gave up on that. I’ve tried to relearn as an adult though, and one day I’d like to play Rec hockey.

I’m 31 and I would be to learn how to skate and eventually play rec. I guess it’s never too late.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I played through Highschool and College but I had really bad ankles (rolled/sprained my left ankle 4 times throughout highschool playing basketball, floorball ect) so I was never much more than a rep/house league plug.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Played from the age 6 to 15. Quit because the soccer team was going to start to train during the winter also. Plus the fact that the team I was playing for was going to combine with another team and I've already went through that process 3 years before.

I also felt that I had a better shot at reaching a higher level in soccer since I didn't want to play for the best and the major hockey team in my city.

And by 15 I was getting tired of sitting in a car to get to hockey practice, having to be at the rink an hour before practice, putting on all the gear, take it off afterwards, sitting in the car on the way home...

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Played Jr A for 3 years. I recieved a few invites to WHL camps but never had the skill to play at that level.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Rep hockey until mid-high school. 3 year hiatus until intramural and beer league during/after university.

Provincial ball hockey when I was a kid, but were talking 10-13 years old.

So not really any significant hockey.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Started skating at 2 and played all the way up through Junior hockey and college. If I actually would have been a bit smarter/dedicated who knows. I was a smaller winger (5"7 180) so at that time I would have had to be all world in order to make it.

Played winter and summer league hockey after. With the way I train now (facility and home gym owner) I wish I could transfer this brain into my younger body LOL

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Kind of the opposite of most people on here. I never played organized ice hockey till I was an adult and drunk at a bar with some buddies when we found a poster to sign-up for a pond hockey tournament. We declared to the owner that we would win the tournament (I think 1 of 6 of us had played in high school) and he agreed on the spot to buy us jerseys and sponsor us. We parlayed that into a regular pond team and have since played regular beer league hockey. We didn't win a game until year 3 or 4 of the tournament...

This has turned into the thing I love to do more than anything else.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
4 years of junior B which is the highest level where I live but I really only say that because I probably wouldn’t have made Junior A had I actually moved for the tryout lol.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Kind of the opposite of most people on here. I never played organized ice hockey till I was an adult and drunk at a bar with some buddies when we found a poster to sign-up for a pond hockey tournament. We declared to the owner that we would win the tournament (I think 1 of 6 of us had played in high school) and he agreed on the spot to buy us jerseys and sponsor us. We parlayed that into a regular pond team and have since played regular beer league hockey. We didn't win a game until year 3 or 4 of the tournament...

This has turned into the thing I love to do more than anything else.
that's awesome

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Nope. My experience is limited to ball/floor hockey. I have terrible knees and don’t belong anywhere near ice :laugh:

Doesn’t mean I don’t love the game though. I’ve been obsessed since I was a kid playing ball hockey in my driveway

Reactions: ottomaddox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad