Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects - Discussion Thread

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would say the the following have improved their stock however overall we did well with the ranking...
9) Zach Senyshyn - W (43%)
10) Jakub Zboril - D (61%)
18) Curtis Hall - C (31%)
21) Daniel Vladar - G (93%)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
i'd like to hear @PlayMakers updated thoughts on lauko

He's having an impressive season. This is what I was hoping to see last year. For a guy with his skill, 41 points in his draft +1 wasn't exactly eye popping. Still, I considered him a top 10 prospect for us and a top end talent, I just wanted to see the production/performance match the skill-set before he got a top5 spot. I don't think we value development enough in these polls. Steen over Kuhlman is a perfect example. Lauko is closer to a top5 spot now, but I still think I'd have Frederic in the top5, with Lauko moving up a couple spots to 6th on a mid-year poll.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would say the the following have improved their stock however overall we did well with the ranking...

14) Swayman

I'd add that Swayman wasn't rated highly enough to begin with.

It's a shame Kuhlman got injured. It would be interesting to see where he'd sit if he had been playing on the team all year.

Reactions: Blowfish

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
14) Swayman

I'd add that Swayman wasn't rated highly enough to begin with.

It's a shame Kuhlman got injured. It would be interesting to see where he'd sit if he had been playing on the team all year.

what's your top 10 looking like right now?

curious to see what everyone thinks on this, actually. i've got studnicka #1, vaakanainen #2,
and gonna think on the rest of this.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i'd agree on those. also joona koppanen by all accounts has been really good this year, and
he's probably around 20 for me at this point (didn't make the top 25 this summer).

Reactions: Blowfish

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

curious to see what everyone thinks on this, actually. i've got studnicka #1, vaakanainen #2,
and gonna think on the rest of this.

There's a lot of way in could approach this list. Ceiling, floor, upside, NHL readiness, who am i least likely to trade. This is tough...

1. Studnicka
2. Vaak
3. Beecher
4. Lauzon
5. Lauko
6. Senyshyn
7. Frederic
8. Keyser & Swayman <--Future Duo
9. Zboril
10. Steen

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

It's a pretty tough list to put together. Where does Kuhlman go, having sat out the first half? Keyser falls but I would have had him top5 so even if he falls, he's still top10 for me. Guys like Swayman and Andersson were undervalued in the summer poll IMHO, and would be in my top10...

Stud
Vaak
Frederic
Beecher
Lauzon
Lauko
Keyser
Swayman
Kuhlman

Lots of options for that 10th spot: Zboril, Senyshyn, Steen, Hall, Andersson, Berglund, Olson... I'd probably pick Senyshyn due to him kind of turning the corner in Providence and a strong showing in Boston.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
It's a pretty tough list to put together. Where does Kuhlman go, having sat out the first half? Keyser falls but I would have had him top5 so even if he falls, he's still top10 for me. Guys like Swayman and Andersson were undervalued in the summer poll IMHO, and would be in my top10...

Stud
Vaak
Frederic
Beecher
Lauzon
Lauko
Keyser
Swayman
Kuhlman

Lots of options for that 10th spot: Zboril, Senyshyn, Steen, Hall, Andersson, Berglund, Olson... I'd probably pick Senyshyn due to him kind of turning the corner in Providence and a strong showing in Boston.

considering our rules for the poll, kuhlman would be graduated (25 NHL games including playoffs).
good list. here's mine after some thought:

1) studnicka
2) vaakanainen
3) beecher
4) lauko
5) frederic
6) senyshyn
7) zboril
8) lauzon
9) andersson
10A/10B) swayman-keyser
12) steen
13) hall
14) vladar
15) mcfaul
16) berglund
17) olson
18) hughes
19) bychkov
20) koppanen

shen-blidh-mantykivi-sherman-becker-etc the next group.

zech and lantosi would be top 20 but they are not on NHL contracts.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well sounds like we'll have some time with no hockey. Should we fire up a new Top25 now that most guys are finished for the year?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Well sounds like we'll have some time with no hockey. Should we fire up a new Top25 now that most guys are finished for the year?

usually wait for the next crop of draftees to enter the system before doing it.
but never a bad time to discuss potential of these other guys. vladar is one
of the most intriguing to me. he needs to get a heavy workload next year in
providence to see if he's for real.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
usually wait for the next crop of draftees to enter the system before doing it.
but never a bad time to discuss potential of these other guys. vladar is one
of the most intriguing to me. he needs to get a heavy workload next year in
providence to see if he's for real.

Maybe we just do a top 10 then? IDK seems like something that could pass the time and bring some discussion to the board lol

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Studnicka the clear #1
Lots of risers
Steen and Keyser fallers,I'm guilty of higher expectations for those 2
Koppanen biggest surprise
Berglund having a strong season as well
Steen rebounded well,the move to Center certainly worked for him
Keyser season was a disaster health wise
Koppanen was a healthy scratch last bunch of games
Berglund came back down to Earth but still had a pretty strong season, does he get offered a contract ?
Senyshyn was starting to get hot again
Did we ever hear confirmation on Studnicka's injury?

BruinsNetwork

Steen rebounded well,the move to Center certainly worked for him
Keyser season was a disaster health wise
Koppanen was a healthy scratch last bunch of games
Berglund came back down to Earth but still had a pretty strong season, does he get offered a contract ?
Senyshyn was starting to get hot again
Did we ever hear confirmation on Studnicka's injury?

No confirmation on Studnicka. Reached out to friend with PBs after that game and was told there would be an update the next day, which there wasn’t.

This league suspension couldn’t have come at a worse time for Zboril, Senyshyn, Vladar, Gaunce, Hughes etc. Especially for the first two.

member 96824

I still believe Lauko is a dark horse to really force Cassidy and Sweeney's hand come camp time next year, whenever that is.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I'm incredibly high on Studnicka. Also from PBruins Jakub Zboril, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn and Daniel Vladar made a big improvement from start to now.

Urho Vaakanainen played well too. He may have been incosistent at times but overall perhaps should be up there with Zboril on defense.

Players of different types but all of the above showed excellence in their own way.

Have to wonder how much injuries will effect the future of Kyle Keyser and Jakub Lauko. They have dropped out of the top 10 for now. Hope they will bounce back.

Mostly though it's the rise of our college connection that changed top 10 for me.

Think Jeremy Swayman has been severly underated here. He's been extremely constistent performance at high level during his three years in college. Signed by Boston yesterday he's top five for me.

Another big riser is center Curtis Hall. Most improved prospect without a doubt. But also John Beecher had his moment and hold on to top five. New kids moving up are definitely Quinn Olson now in top 10 easily. I've heard very positive reports on Dustyn McFaul in his freshman year.

I like Roman Bychkov alot but he's harder to judge because still playing junior hockey.
Forgot to mention how much Joona Koppanen improved. Was disappointed in Oskar Steen earlier on but he also improved and was impressive the last month.

In all a very successful year for the Bruins prospects. The Bruins organisation has done very well developing drafted players into pro players. Jeremy Lauzon prime example. The prospect pool has been rated near bottom but I am extremely proud how they proved to be this good. It's just sad the season came to a halt at this time.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I still believe Lauko is a dark horse to really force Cassidy and Sweeney's hand come camp time next year, whenever that is.

He was my dark horse this year to make the team. With the log jam of LW and Lauko missing most of the season, he'd need an insane camp to make the team. For his development it would probably be better to give him top 6 minutes in PRO vs 4th line minutes in BOS.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The Hockey News Future Watch arrived today
Boston listed #28
1. Studnicka
2. Vaakanainen
3. Beecher
4. Frederic
5. Swayman
6. Zboril
7. Hall
8. Senyshyn
9. Vladar
10. Steen
List by Mike Loftus
Not bad if I say so myself

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The Hockey News Future Watch arrived today
Boston listed #28
1. Studnicka
2. Vaakanainen
3. Beecher
4. Frederic
5. Swayman
6. Zboril
7. Hall
8. Senyshyn
9. Vladar
10. Steen
List by Mike Loftus
Not bad if I say so myself

I was messing around and just looking at our u25 guys and building a roster. It was actually impressive imo:

DeBrusk - Studnicka - Pastrnak
Bjork - Beecher - Kase
Lauko - Frederic - Senyshyn
Ritchie - Hall - Khulman

Lauzon - McAvoy
Vaak - Carlo
Zboril - Clifton

Swayman
Vladar
Keyser

I know there are guys I probably missed (maybe some people would have over the players I do), but we have some good young talent.

Reactions: Ratty

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I was messing around and just looking at our u25 guys and building a roster. It was actually impressive imo:

DeBrusk - Studnicka - Pastrnak
Bjork - Beecher - Kase
Lauko - Frederic - Senyshyn
Ritchie - Hall - Khulman

Lauzon - McAvoy
Vaak - Carlo
Zboril - Clifton

Swayman
Vladar
Keyser

I know there are guys I probably missed (maybe some people would have over the players I do), but we have some good young talent.

Those forward lines are a bit rough but man those d-pairs are nasty. We might have the best defense pool in the league at this point. That's without all the untested guys who could pan out like our new free agents or Zech/Berglund.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Those forward lines are a bit rough but man those d-pairs are nasty. We might have the best defense pool in the league at this point. That's without all the untested guys who could pan out like our new free agents or Zech/Berglund.

If you're looking at where they are now vs what they could be, then sure they look rough. I think you'll need to add some talent via FA or Trade, but its a solid foundation for the future of the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad