18) Curtis Hall - C (31%)
19) Anton Blidh - W (33%)
20) Victor Berglund - D (39%)
21) Daniel Vladar - G (93%)
22) Ryan Fitzgerald - W (76%)
23) Roman Bychkov - D (67%)
24) Matias Mantykivi - C (52%)
25) Wiley Sherman - D (46%)

*cooper zech was not eligible for this poll (AHL contract)

Summer 2018 --- HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Ryan Donato - W/C (85%)
2) Trent Frederic - C (51%)
3) Urho Vaakanainen - D (33%)
4) Jack Studnicka - C (44%)
5) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (41%)
6) Jakub Zboril - D (56%)
7) Zach Senyshyn - W (SHOWDOWN: 60%)
8) Peter Cehlarik - W (SHOWDOWN: 40%)
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D (31%)
10) Jeremy Swayman - G (SHOWDOWN: 56%)
11) Jakub Lauko - C/W (SHOWDOWN: 44%)
12) Ryan Fitzgerald - W (57%)
13) Axel Andersson - D (61%)
14) Emil Johansson - D (22%)
15) Oskar Steen - W (36%)
16) Kyle Keyser - G (SHOWDOWN: 38%)
17) Daniel Vladar - G (SHOWDOWN: 32%)
18) Alexander Khokhlachev - C (SHOWDOWN: 30%)
19) Joona Koppanen - C (SHOWDOWN: 60%)
20) Jesse Gabrielle - W (SHOWDOWN: 40%)
21) Wiley Sherman - D (78%)
22) Victor Berglund - D (62%)
23) Anton Blidh - W (56%)
24) Curtis Hall - C (52%)
25) Karson Kuhlman - C/W (31%)

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ok, we are done. thanks to all for participating.

i'm sure the buffalo prospect tourney will create a lot of discussion on the order, but
chuck your thoughts here now. who is too high? too low? your biggest sleeper for this season?
and where would zech fit in if he were eligible?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Urho Vaakanainen - D (58.5%)
2) Jack Studnicka - C (79.4%)
3) John Beecher - C (42.7%)
4) Jeremy Lauzon - D (29.8%)
5) Jakub Lauko - W (32.2%)
6) Oskar Steen - W (39.3%)
7) Trent Frederic - C (37.5%)
8) Kyle Keyser - G (29.4%)
9) Zach Senyshyn - W (42.5%)
10) Jakub Zboril - D (61.4%)
11) Karson Kuhlman - W (50.0%)
12) Axel Andersson - D (39.4%)
13) Cameron Hughes - C (42.3%)
14) Jeremy Swayman - G (55.6%)
15) Pavel Shen - C (SHOWDOWN: 53.6%)
16) Dustyn McFaul - D (SHOWDOWN: 46.4%)
17) Quinn Olson - W (36.9%)
18) Curtis Hall - C (30.8%)
19) Anton Blidh - W (32.7%)
20) Victor Berglund - D (38.8%)
21) Daniel Vladar - G
22) Ryan Fitzgerald - W
23) Roman Bychkov - D
24) Matias Mantykivi - C
25) Wiley Sherman - D

*cooper zech was not eligible for this poll (AHL contract)
Fun exercise, nugs, thanks for your good work. I’ll be at the Buffalo tournament, so hope to have a better perspective on some of these dudes.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Thanks, Nugs.

Obviously the pool is not as deep as years prior but the top 2 have top line/pairing potential and both have NHL floors. Some interesting prospects to watch this year after the top 2.

Oskar Steen is my go-to. He had a great year in one of the top professional leagues as a 20 year old and plays a North American style. Small winger with speed, two way ability and tenacity. He's a right shot which is an organizational need. He was my #3 prospect this year. Hopefully he comes over and turns some heads. I think he could be a dark horse in camp.

Jakub Lauko is the next guy for me that I will be paying close attention to. I hope he ends up in Providence because I'm buying the flex pack. A lot of fun players this year if they all stay down in the "A". Lauko has a lot of swagger to go along with elite level speed. If his offensive game can translate, look out. He had a good rookie year in the Q and a great memorial cup.

I'm very intrigued to follow John Beecher (obviously) and Quinn Olson for the freshman seasons. Both attending good hockey schools. Olson could be a riser going forward.

Kyle Keyser is my goalie of interest. Hopeful he'll be in Providence but good chance he's in the ECHL with Legace brought in and Vladar returning. Wherever he ends up, I hope he continues to progress and grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH and neelynugs

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thanks, Nugs.

Obviously the pool is not as deep as years prior but the top 2 have top line/pairing potential and both have NHL floors. Some interesting prospects to watch this year after the top 2.

Oskar Steen is my go-to. He had a great year in one of the top professional leagues as a 20 year old and plays a North American style. Small winger with speed, two way ability and tenacity. He's a right shot which is an organizational need. He was my #3 prospect this year. Hopefully he comes over and turns some heads. I think he could be a dark horse in camp.

Jakub Lauko is the next guy for me that I will be paying close attention to. I hope he ends up in Providence because I'm buying the flex pack. A lot of fun players this year if they all stay down in the "A". Lauko has a lot of swagger to go along with elite level speed. If his offensive game can translate, look out. He had a good rookie year in the Q and a great memorial cup.

I'm very intrigued to follow John Beecher (obviously) and Quinn Hughes for the freshman seasons. Both attending good hockey schools. Hughes could be a riser going forward.

Kyle Keyser is my goalie of interest. Hopeful he'll be in Providence but good chance he's in the ECHL with Legace brought in and Vladar returning. Wherever he ends up, I hope he continues to progress and grow.
Quinn Hughes plays for Vancouver. I think you mean Cameron.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Quinn Hughes plays for Vancouver. I think you mean Cameron.

I think he means Quinn Olson because he’s gonna Be a freshman this year whereas Hughes is already in the A

Cam Hughes and Quinn Olson had a baby

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes, I mixed his name up completely. I meant Quinn Olson. :laugh:

I fixed it. Thanks for the observation.

If I had a nickel for every time I did that i would be on an island somewhere not posting on HF ;)

As for the thread I think I’m higher on Steen than the consensus. Looking forward to seeing him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If I had a nickel for every time I did that i would be on an island somewhere not posting on HF ;)

As for the thread I think I’m higher on Steen than the consensus. Looking forward to seeing him

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to him coming over and playing in the AHL (or maybe NHL if he has a great camp). Like I said, I had him #3 on my own list. That could change next year if he doesn't have a good season or someone like Beecher has a great freshman seaon, but for now, it's all aboard the Oskar Steen Hype Train.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Thanks Nugs!

Always enjoy this activity during the long summer days. :laugh:

It also gives focus to guys not often talked about and great insights from some on the boards who watch them often.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
@Saxon Eric -- if zech were eligible, where are you slotting him?
8-10 range
I'm glad some were able to watch him at Development Camp,didn't see a negative thing written about him there,next stop is the Prospect Challenge in Buffalo,assuming he's in shape he should be able to make a good impression,going into the season durability will be a concern, he's not the biggest guy out there,its very hard to make it through 76 games at 6.2 never mind 5.9
He's a good player

Reactions: neelynugs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Yes, I mixed his name up completely. I meant Quinn Olson. :laugh:

I fixed it. Thanks for the observation.
There are conflicting reports that Olson is playing in College this year,some sites has him listed as a 2020/2021 Freshman, others has him in this incoming year
And of course his hometown team The Calgary Hitmen in the WHL traded for his rights earlier in the year.
Anyone have new information?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I can't remember or figure it out or something.

Khokhlachev was on the list last season, but JFK was ineligible this season. What is the difference between the two situations that led to that?

last year koko fit into the age requirement (25 and under when season starts). since he turns 26 in a few weeks,
i had to chop him from the list.

JFK has played 25+ NHL games, which was the line we decided last summer.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I can't remember or figure it out or something.

Khokhlachev was on the list last season, but JFK was ineligible this season. What is the difference between the two situations that led to that?

I'm almost positive it's NHL games played. I think 25 GP was the cutoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
There are conflicting reports that Olson is playing in College this year,some sites has him listed as a 2020/2021 Freshman, others has him in this incoming year
And of course his hometown team The Calgary Hitmen in the WHL traded for his rights earlier in the year.

I don't but curious what route would be better for him.

NCAA or WHL.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'm a bit higher on Hall, Steen, Blihd and Frederic than the consensus but it's a good list. Lauko is going to have to have a big year to justify that spot. Axel Andersson is an enigma to me, hope he can start playing with confidence again because he's got the tools. Zboril is another one that has probably spent too much time in the spotlight but there is still a lot to like.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not as high on Lauzon as the majory. I thought he looked decent in Boston, but his injury history going back to junior and his lack of improved production in the AHL leads me to be very skeptical about his upside.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I'm not as high on Lauzon as the majory. I thought he looked decent in Boston, but his injury history going back to junior and his lack of improved production in the AHL leads me to be very skeptical about his upside.

I really like Lauzon but he’s going to have to stay healthy to have any chance of making it. He’s averaging only 50 Games played a season over the last 6 seasons. Good on him for working through it as that many injuries would sink most prospects.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Fair point to be skeptical
he is injured a lot and while capable he doesn't get the points the others do,his floor is bottom pairing,ceiling is middle,he's already at his floor now

Reactions: weaponomega

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Going to Minnesota-Duluth in 2020/2021.

His options are returning to the AJHL or going the USHL route.

WHL is out of the question for him or he loses NCAA eligibility - unless of course he decides not to attend.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad