GDT: HF boards GDT | 12/31/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
lol the A's won a championship 29 years ago too. how many World Series trophies has Calgary had since then?

yeah that sentence is dumb, but then again so are the Flames fans doing the same thing with their only Cup win.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
San Jose and all those 1st round exits with stacked teams is horrible. Sharks will always live in the Kings and Ducks shadows. How does that feel?

considering we're still in striking distance of the Division lead and both those teams will likely not make the playoffs, pretty damn good.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
lol the A's won a championship 29 years ago too. how many World Series trophies has Calgary had since then?

yeah that sentence is dumb, but then again so are the Flames fans doing the same thing with their only Cup win.
1 cup is infinitely better than a big fat zero no matter how much you cry about it.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
San Jose and all those 1st round exits with stacked teams is horrible. Sharks will always live in the Kings and Ducks shadows. How does that feel?

feels like ... bullshit. Sharks have been to the playoffs 12 times in the cap era and exited in the first only 4 times.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
feels like ... bull****. Sharks have been to the playoffs 12 times in the cap era and exited in the first only 4 times.
Ok im out move on to the next game. Happy New Years to everyone.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
too bad the Sharks and Flames do not play a home on home within a couple of days of each other. Good chippy game

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
the **** are you talking about?
bennett is suspended right now.
What are you talking about?
Game Summary

Goodrow is currently suspended.

I just kinda glanced at the Rule Book, but Fighting in the final 5 minutes, wasn't a suspension, the Instigator is.
(perhaps I've overlooked a rule)

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Flames didn't do ****. The Sharks beat themselves with questionable coaching decisions and poor Defense by Vlasic and Braun. outside of those 3 minutes in the 3rd period the Sharks dominated the Flames.

Too bad the game is 60 minutes long, not 57 minutes.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Man, speaking of cupless chokers. Johnny regular season hockey was a beast for my fantasy team tonight

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
good for them. I hope they place a "we beat the Sharks in a regular season hockey game" banner in the rafters next to the 6 playoff wins they have since the 2005 lockout.
I'd say the amount of playoff wins the Sharks have and no Stanley Cup is far more embarrassing. Also, the Flames have more than 6 playoff wins since 2005...

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It's funny how flames fans are all up in arms over late blowout chippiness. Since the last time the sharks played the flames in the playoffs after the first round, the sharks have contended with a similar core the whole time while the flames have sucked out loud almost the whole time. So we know what can happen at the end of many blowout wins in today's NHL. Don't try to school us on this, you're the new ones at this.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
not in the least. we've been in that situation plenty like I said, unlike yourself and your team. so we know how it goes, you expect the other team to get chippy, you can dance if you want or you scum after every whistle if you want. you absolutely ****ing do not cheapshot their players when they are running out the clock.

I get you're frustrated, and no I'm not going to take your bate with putting the Sharks up as some kind of model franchise that Flames can only hope to look up to even if you try it a third time, but in reality it's a good thing for any team to push back when the other team gets cheap. You show them that that kind of stuff is not going to end well, and hopefully that lesson sticks with the Sharks for next time.

EDIT:Oh you already did try it a third time.

Reactions: Snakepit

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I get you're frustrated, and no I'm not going to take your bate with putting the Sharks up as some kind of model franchise that Flames can only hope to look up to even if you try it a third time, but in
reality it's a good thing for any team to push back when the other team gets cheap. You show them that that kind of stuff is not going to end well, and hopefully that lesson sticks with the Sharks for next time.
Pushback sure. By all means stick up for yourself, if the refs f***ing allow it. To concuss a young player that was not a participant on a cheapshot? If the NHL doesn't take him out of the lineup for a while, someone else might. So they better get it right.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's funny how flames fans are all up in arms over late blowout chippiness. Since the last time the sharks played the flames in the playoffs after the first round, the sharks have contended with a similar core the whole time while the flames have sucked out loud almost the whole time. So we know what can happen at the end of many blowout wins in today's NHL. Don't try to school us on this, you're the new ones at this.

Flames fans are not up in arms. I guarantee no Flames fans are upset with how the third period turned out, outside of being concerned for Simek.

This is just pointing out that the Sharks were hoisted by their own petard.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Far as I can see goodie did not get a match.
No, but he got an instigator.

46.22Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12), shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident. When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident. The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pushback sure. By all means stick up for yourself, if the refs ****ing allow it. To concuss a young player that was not a participant on a cheapshot? If the NHL doesn't take him out of the lineup for a while, someone else might. So they better get it right.

Ok, if that's the game the Sharks opt for... but they don't appear to be very good at it. They'll just lose again.

Reactions: Boomstick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad