GDT: HF boards GDT | 12/31/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
the **** delusion are you talking about? flames were taking ***** runs all game and when it came time to square up, the refs saved your smurfs from getting ****ing caved.

Your goalie literally baseball batted Bennett's groin with his paddle and the refs looked the other way. Sorensen broke his stick slashing a Flame when he got frustrated on the forecheck after missing a late hit, and the refs didn't mind. Kane going after Gaudreau and they call Gaudreau. Then the Sharks started punching out of nowhere after the whistle. When you decide to do this stuff, keep your head up for consequences.

If you didn't see those late runs being taken by Sharks forwards on every single dump-in late in the third, I'm afraid I can't help you, but you at least must have seen those.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I mean, the Sharks were trying to goon it up in the last few minutes and they lost at that, too.

Honestly, it sucks to see a player get hurt, especially a young guy. But after the runs the Sharks had been taking and the cheap play by Dell, Sorensen and others leading up to it, you have to keep your head up. The hit was late enough that he ought to have assumed his own safety.

I think Bennett gets an auto-suspension, and they might add on, but this is at least a bit of a "reap what you sow" example.

There was no penalty on Bennett, at worst its a 2 minute penalty, I doubt he's suspended.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Then the Sharks started punching out of nowhere after the whistle. When you decide to do this stuff, keep your head up for consequences.

is this what the nhl is now? don't square up then run someone unsuspecting later on in the game?

f*** this if the league allows this.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It was classless. It's's utter crap to call it any thing else or to try and defend it

Yes. When one team breaks that boundary, they can't hide behind the notion of class. The Sharks made it clear that they weren't going to let the time run out without trying to get a cheap shots in, so the Flames either stand up for themselves, or the ASharks will just keep doing that over and over.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
the **** delusion are you talking about? flames were taking ***** runs all game and when it came time to square up, the refs saved your smurfs from getting ****ing caved.

I hate to break it to you, but the Sharks just aren't that tough, they take cheap shots, but they're not tough.

Reactions: kducks

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Calgary won't get past the first round, they aren't built for a deep playoff run.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yes. When one team breaks that boundary, they can't hide behind the notion of class. The Sharks made it clear that they weren't going to let the time run out without trying to get a cheap shots in, so the Flames either stand up for themselves, or the ASharks will just keep doing that over and over.
Yeah cause the Sharks are such bullies on the ice

Reactions: Anglesmith

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
is this what the nhl is now? don't square up then run someone unsuspecting later on in the game?

**** this if the league allows this.

Yes, I missed the part where Dell challenged Bennett to a fair fight instead of taking a cheap swing below the belt.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Your goalie literally baseball batted Bennett's groin with his paddle and the refs looked the other way. Sorensen broke his stick slashing a Flame when he got frustrated on the forecheck after missing a late hit, and the refs didn't mind. Kane going after Gaudreau and they call Gaudreau. Then the Sharks started punching out of nowhere after the whistle. When you decide to do this stuff, keep your head up for consequences.

If you didn't see those late runs being taken by Sharks forwards on every single dump-in late in the third, I'm afraid I can't help you, but you at least must have seen those.

Did you not see Tkachuk repeatedly crosschecking Donskoi?

Reactions: Phu

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Yeah you're right, Dell should have squared up instead of using his stick as a weapon. The sharks were getting their butts kicked and started running around like idiots. They were hardly the picture of squaring up like your trying to romantically portray them as doing.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

i know being comfortably ahead late is a relatively new thing for you, but the Sharks have been in that situation plenty of times especially with the likes of the anaheims of the world.

You know what they don't do? f***ing headhunt during play winding down. you want to play, f***ing step up like a man don't f***ing blindside someone who isn't even participating in the shit.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

And a spear to the gut because you were made a fool is acceptable...stop whining...you lost...move on

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
i know being comfortably ahead late is a relatively new thing for you, but the Sharks have been in that situation plenty of times especially with the likes of the anaheims of the world.

You know what they don't do? ****ing headhunt during play winding down. you want to play, ****ing step up like a man don't ****ing blindside someone who isn't even participating in the ****.
The players being targetted by the Sharks late in the period were whomever had the puck. You're being a total hypocrite.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Because they seconds earlier gave a penalty to the sharks for doing the same thing...
Yeah, except then the Sharks continued to do the same thing repeatedly during the PK and instead of making it 5on3, they turned a blind eye and gave Gaudreau the retaliation to even it up for 4on4, which makes no f***ing sense unless they are just managing the game. Because penalties are supposed to deter bad behaviour. 5on3 would be a good deterrent. Gaudreau isn't innocent, but it never should have gotten to that point if the officials did their jobs right. That's the point.

Reactions: No Draft

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Yeah cause the Sharks are such bullies on the ice
They sure acted like it in the final 5 of that game.
I'm not surprised something happened, Bennett will get suspended (that's on the refs for having this game go south)
But the Sharks decided it was time to take liberties on the Flames, it was nice to see a team stick up for themselves.

Reactions: No Draft

soliak

Mar 26, 2013
Straya
Sharks fans upset as hell haha.

Get lit up on the scoreboard, then try to goon it up instead by taking runs/cheap shots and lose at that too.

Team tries to play it tough but aren't. Bennett/Tkachuk in the Sharks head.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Flames owned the old Sharks all night.

Flames didn't do shit. The Sharks beat themselves with questionable coaching decisions and poor Defense by Vlasic and Braun. outside of those 3 minutes in the 3rd period the Sharks dominated the Flames.

Reactions: Phu

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They sure acted like it in the final 5 of that game.
I'm not surprised something happened, Bennett will get suspended (that's on the refs for having this game go south)
But the Sharks decided it was time to take liberties on the Flames, it was nice to see a team stick up for themselves.

The Sharks tried to goon it up then cried because they lost and got beat up along the way.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Huh he was basically laughing at Grandpa Joe talking about the days before the internet and how he had to walk to school 10 miles through a snowstorm.

I think he's been taking lessons from Tkachuk. Get them all riled up then just smirk at them. Pisses them off even more

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Guess its fine to hit guys in the ball sack now. Cant even fight. Wtf wrong with you people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad