GDT: HF boards GDT | 12/31/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The players being targetted by the Sharks late in the period were whomever had the puck. You're being a total hypocrite.
not in the least. we've been in that situation plenty like I said, unlike yourself and your team. so we know how it goes, you expect the other team to get chippy, you can dance if you want or you scum after every whistle if you want. you absolutely f***ing do not cheapshot their players when they are running out the clock.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
crying.gif

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Flames didn't do ****. The Sharks beat themselves with questionable coaching decisions and poor Defense by Vlasic and Braun. outside of those 3 minutes in the 3rd period the Sharks dominated the Flames.

8-5, were they on all 8 goals? Didn’t think so.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Refs blew it in the Calgary - San Jose game. Game gets out of hand.

I will be shocked if Bennett is suspended. It is a bit late, but not by much. It wasn't a charge, he didn't leave his feet, and it was square into the chest. I would be beyond shocked if this hit gets supplementary discipline, especially after the NHL explicitly stated that they want more open ice hits. Seriously, take a look at the hit again in real time - less than a second by the time the puck leaves the stick, no jumping, no taking 5 big strides into it, no targeting of the head, and it looked like he even saw Bennett coming and then looked away thinking he wasn't going to get hit (though I MIGHT be off on that last one). I would be shocked if this gets looked at, especially after seeing other hits that involved contact to the head around the league not getting looked at.

Fun game. Flames are exciting to watch. I love these emotional, chippy and high scoring games.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The better team won fair and square tonight.

good for them. I hope they place a "we beat the Sharks in a regular season hockey game" banner in the rafters next to the 6 playoff wins they have since the 2005 lockout.

Reactions: Phu

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I doubt it, there was no headshot, it was a late hit no penalty called. Buff's slash of Gaudreau was more serious and he got fined $2500.00
He'll be suspended, no doubt in my mind.

When you think of intent, and how the game was winding down, the score, just everything really. I think he'll get what Hyman got.

Reactions: Steven

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
good for them. I hope they place a "we beat the Sharks in a regular season hockey game" banner in the rafters next to the 6 playoff wins they have since the 2005 lockout.
O Cups for Grandpa Joe.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Flames didn't do ****. The Sharks beat themselves with questionable coaching decisions and poor Defense by Vlasic and Braun. outside of those 3 minutes in the 3rd period the Sharks dominated the Flames.

those 3 minutes weren't much domination either, just some insane bounces and a couple of normal chances that went in. Sharks outchanced the flames MASSIVELY in that game and easily had double the high danger chances.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Zero cups for the Sharks. Full stop.

How many teams were in the League the last time the Flames won the Cup? 16?

I guess it's easy to celebrate your Cup victories when the only one you have won came in a league with half the amount of teams.

Flames fans are about as bad as Leafs fans in this regard.

soliak

Mar 26, 2013
Straya
not in the least. we've been in that situation plenty like I said, unlike yourself and your team. so we know how it goes, you expect the other team to get chippy, you can dance if you want or you scum after every whistle if you want. you absolutely ****ing do not cheapshot their players when they are running out the clock.

Remind us again how many of these situations you have been in .

0 cups for Jumbo and your aging core. Window has closed. RIP.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Zero cups for the Sharks. Full stop.

Yeah but San Jose has 0.

LOL and there it is! literally what we talked about in that Suffering fanbases thread. We were like if you have won a cup in franchise history it disqualifies you, and they were like no, if it's long ago it's embarrassing to bring it up as a point in an argument, and we were like trust us, they do it. They don't care how pathetic it is. They do it.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
LOL and there it is! literally what we talked about in that Suffering fanbases thread. We were like if you have won a cup in franchise history it disqualifies you, and they were like no, if it's long ago it's embarrassing to bring it up as a point in an argument, and we were like trust us, they do it. They don't care how pathetic it is. They do it.

how pathetic do you have to be when you have to showcase your only Cup win that came when none of their current players were even alive.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
San Jose and all those 1st round exits with stacked teams is horrible. Sharks will always live in the Kings and Ducks shadows. How does that feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad