The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
Jack Hughes watching this Oilers;

images

Reactions: lightstorm and E40

Legobbles

Mar 10, 2016
Halifax, NS
McDavid having to basically throw himself on the ice to draw an obstruction call. Did he hit a ref with his car or something? He shouldn't need to embellish, but now I guess he has to.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I want to say no goalie could look good in front of this defense, but he looks much worse than Koskinen

Im not a believer that a goalie's play is entirely correlated to the quality of team's defence. Look at the difference in numbers of Howard-Bernier and Murray-DeSmith for example.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
These Ducks announcers are not-so-subtle about how the Refs just aren't calling penalties to the Avs.

I'm actually starting to think that the lack of unbiased announcing leads a fan base to think that the league/ref/Bettman is out to get them and that the game isn't fair.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Im not a believer that a goalie's play is entirely correlated to the quality of team's defence. Look at the difference in numbers of Howard-Bernier and Murray-DeSmith for example.
I wouldn't say entirely, but I do think Talbot should be partially excused with how bad his defense is. Not totally though, as Koskinen is able to get better numbers. This should be Talbot's last game for a while

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
These Ducks announcers are not-so-subtle about how the Refs just aren't calling penalties to the Avs.

I'm actually starting to think that the lack of unbiased announcing leads a fan base to think that the league/ref/Bettman is out to get them and that the game isn't fair.
Hayward is excessively whining this year, but the disparity in calls for vs against the Ducks the last 3 years is pretty hard to explain. The zebras made it easy tonight by calling the Ducks on that crosscheck on Montour when the Avalanche first goal was on a far more egregious crosscheck that cleared out the defender by the guy who was then open to score.

He needs to stop whining, but the officials also need to be consistent.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
What's that sound?

Just Cam Talbot pissing his career away.

Imagine how McDavid is feeling - he could spend the next 8 years of his life playing for a team that never makes the playoffs.
Admittedly he'll be wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of most people, but he's probably spent his entire life wanting to play in the NHL and win Cups.

Edmonton isn't even my favourite team but I have almost reached a point of anger at how incompetent ownership / management is. The whole front office needs to go, and probably most of the coaching staff.
And yet....here they still are

Reactions: generationalfan

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Look back at the vezina winners and see how many don't have a Norris caliber D in front.

Not very many.

Of course there are outliers but if you have a great D to gobble up those rebounds your save % is going to appreciate it.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016

Sounds like the rest of the league is catching up to Jack Edwards.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Look back at the vezina winners and see how many don't have a Norris caliber D in front.

Not very many.

Of course there are outliers but if you have a great D to gobble up those rebounds your save % is going to appreciate it.

Who said anything Vezina caliber goaltending? Thats very shortsighted to just look at Vezina winners.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Who said anything Vezina caliber goaltending? Thats very shortsighted to just look at Vezina winners.
I'm just saying the same goalie will have better numbers with better D.

I'm not making excuses for Talbot, he's f***ing terrible.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Works in politics and other parts of life too if you have an audience . Just repeat that someone is out get you over and over again and a decent number of the people who follow you will believe it no matter if its actually true.

You really have to be careful with his .Especially if you don't have any prove its just dumb.

Allways hated completely biased anouncing in sports.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

I can watch this game muted and come away with the same complaints. It's ridiculous.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Indelible proof that the Knights need Nate Schmidt.

We don't need no stinking sample size or context of quality of competition.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Dang it, I change the channel to check the football game score and miss a goal.....

I was thinking Vegas was just what the Oilers needed to kick start something......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad