GDT: HF Boards: 11/18/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
3 years isn't that long. All I know is they better hope one of their...what...6 goalie prospects pans out. In any case, if I'm them I keep using round 3-7 picks on goalies. Subban looks like he can be an average starter at best. Doesn't seem to have the puck awareness to be a top tender.
isn't it 4 years? but yeah he looks a bit off this year. The rest of the team looks good though

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not the coach that brings in the players.

Oilers have been screwed big time by Chiarelli. Worst GM in NHL history.
You're right

But one of the first mistakes Chiarelli made before he completely buried the team was when he hired this guy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

If he doesn't get fired after this with coaches like Q, Tippett and AV available...

Tippett hasn't been good in years and AV is pretty bad, especially when you don't have good goaltending.

MacLoser blows though. Always has been a shit head coach at the NHL level, always will be.

That's the real Marc Savard? Pretty telling when a former NHL player is calling him out.

Mar 26, 2010
Edmonton looking like they are going to miss the playoffs again.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
isn't it 4 years? but yeah he looks a bit off this year. The rest of the team looks good though
You could be right. Either way, it's not for too too long.

He's had big ups and downs. Some nights he's downright lights out. Tonight he's been much less than, but really on the third goal he kinda suffered both Holden getting walked and Miller making a stupid pinch.

As to the rest of the team...sort of. Miller had a real rough start to the year but has been getting better. Engelland's age is showing. Holden is really inconsistent. Merrill is atrocious. Karlsson is lacking the tenacity he had built up in the weeks prior to and during the playoffs. He's playing frustrated. Patches has been diversifying his game of late but was playing much to a lot of the Habs fans warning of what kind of player he is.

The only guys that are consistently good are Tuch, Marchesseault, Theodore, Eakin, Reaves, Bellmare, and Carrier (as a line. They as a unit have been promoted from the fourth to the third line)

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I'm a Leafs fan and if the Oilers don't make the playoffs I'd love to see them win the lottery.
Just to see this board go absolutely nuts:laugh:

Same here, it's the only solace. Sadly, another losing season is the only way Edmonton gets rid of Chia.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Carlyle's 3 on 3 OT strategy is incredible. Tail back outside the offensive zone and just keep cycling it back to your own neutral zone, hoping the other team will fall asleep, then not attack until there's a wide open lane to skate to.

Seems like a surefire way to get a goal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Carlyle's 3 on 3 OT strategy is incredible. Tail back outside the offensive zone and just keep cycling it back to your own neutral zone, hoping the other team will fall asleep, then not attack until there's a wide open lane to skate to.

Seems like a surefire way to get a goal.
He cant coach 5 v 5, 5 v 4 or 4 v 5.... what made you think he would have a solid strategy in 3 v 3 :D

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not even close. I think the Pacific is not that good so a lot of teams will be vying for a top three spot.
I think Edmonton should be taking advantage that vegas is pretty unlucky right now, and Anaheim still on that injury bus + allowing RC to still coach them. Calgary is going to heat up and if they move for a goalie or find some goalie internally could be a very good team.

Honestly I don't think Edmonton has a shot to get in this year... I imagine itll be San jose, Calgary, and 1 of ana/phoenix/vegas

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
It's been less than 24 hours since "playoff intensity" Oilers hockey during last night's 2nd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad