HF All-Time Wrestling Draft X Discussion Thread

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Let's not complicate it. The process is fine, people just shouldn't pick wrestlers after the free for all day. It was pretty clear all along, but I guess it requires formalization that those picks won't count or something. We're not laying out Hammurabi's code here.

Then official state the free-for-all is 24 hours than that is it. Or get rid of it altogether.

Honestly I don't see what it matters before cards are posted. Whether a pick is made the 1st day of the free-for-all or two weeks later. It's not like there is some monetary prize at the end of all this. Putting together the card/creative process is the real enjoyment in this. I could care less about winning it.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When is this competition getting underway? Are we close to start voting? The sooner this is over the better.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Then official state the free-for-all is 24 hours than that is it. Or get rid of it altogether.

Honestly I don't see what it matters before cards are posted. Whether a pick is made the 1st day of the free-for-all or two weeks later. It's not like there is some monetary prize at the end of all this. Putting together the card/creative process is the real enjoyment in this. I could care less about winning it.
Again, we all knew that it was closed. People went around it, it isn't the end of the world. It's even happened before. I do agree that it has to be explicitly stated because it seems like nearly every year people try to go around the general rules for this most prestigious of events. There is no need to explain what happened further or try to create an elaborate set of rules beyond "don't make picks after the free for all day". It happened and it isn't going to affect a thing, I imagine.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Again, we all knew that it was closed. People went around it, it isn't the end of the world. It's even happened before. I do agree that it has to be explicitly stated because it seems like nearly every year people try to go around the general rules for this most prestigious of events. There is no need to explain what happened further or try to create an elaborate set of rules beyond "don't make picks after the free for all day". It happened and it isn't going to affect a thing, I imagine.

I don't know. My last minute selection of Lenny Montana should all-but-guarantee me a victory this year.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Picking after the free agency free for all has literally zero impact on the game. No need to be disappointed for the sole reason of " because those are the rules". Those picks aren't going to improve a card, they are just made for fun.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Picking after the free agency free for all has literally zero impact on the game. No need to be disappointed for the sole reason of " because those are the rules". Those picks aren't going to improve a card, they are just made for fun.

One of my last minute picks will be carrying a platter full of cheeseburgers. That is their only purpose on my card. Rather than have nameless person carry said platter.

Really though, if some crafty GM can find a pick to put their card over the top during free agency, like a major name that just got missed or something, more power to them.

Then factor in a lot of voters don't care about the details and just look at the match-ups for voting.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Solidifying structure is one thing, making up things to get bitchy about when this is all in fun is simply making a heel outta yourselves. Sad to see my beloved OG neighbors of all people go from the cool neighbors to the crabby old bats.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
OK, so I am submitted. I needed until the 19th since I needed to do it at work and have been on vacation. I had most of it ready, but had to format it which is a pain in the arse. Hopefully I’m not the last guy to submit!

As for free agency, I took the Harris brothers on the 8th. I thought that free for all day came with less warning than I expected, but then I also wasn’t checking in as I thought I was done. I even forget to take one person as a valet, who I didn’t need anyway, and of course @CHGoalie27 was being a crabby old bat and wouldn’t just gift her to me. Jackass. Anyway, my pick of the Harris brothers was literally at midnight, so very start of the 8th and if I recall correctly not much later than the two prior sets of picks. So if someone wants to discount the Harris brothers I’m fine with as they’re not even necessary for my card.

Now, as for the draft…

1684472935469.gif

”Where the f*** my Baddies at, BITCHES!“

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not to be a pain but any updates on when the playoffs will start?

I'm anxious to get started. I normally sign off this site once the Bruins hockey season is over and take a break during the summer months.

I'm not trying to be a pain either, but we've been in the free agency period for nearly a month now. Almost two months since we started drafting. In future years, we might want to consider ways to wrap this up a bit quicker, while keeping in mind folks have busy lives outside of HF Boards.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trying to get there. I’ve had less time than I thought I would to do this part. But yeah I’m one of the late stragglers. Hoping to get the biggest chunk out of the way tonight and be finished Monday.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
maxresdefault.jpg

"Segregation match? Diamond mines? That's the same sorta shit that ole' Jack Cracka of Jack Cracka Promotions tried to pull on me! And Colonel De Beers, don't think I don't remember y'all havin' to use the bathroom everytime time New Jack was in there. I guess you don't get to see many anacondas in South Africa huh? Anyway, that's the same ole bullshit that uncle Jack Cracka used to try and do with me. I didn't like it there from day one! I get outta my car and I either slip in the mud or on some tabaca spit! Nuthin' but rednecks over there. Nuthin' but klansman up in there. Now I'm BACK in the AWF and I get paid! I buy my own damn diamonds!"

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
maxresdefault.jpg

"Segregation match? Diamond mines? That's the same sorta shit that ole' Jack Cracka of Jack Cracka Promotions tried to pull on me! And Colonel De Beers, don't think I don't remember y'all havin' to use the bathroom everytime time New Jack was in there. I guess you don't get to see many anacondas in South Africa huh? Anyway, that's the same ole bullshit that uncle Jack Cracka used to try and do with me. I didn't like it there from day one! I get outta my car and I either slip in the mud or on some tabaca spit! Nuthin' but rednecks over there. Nuthin' but klansman up in there. Now I'm BACK in the AWF and I get paid! I buy my own damn diamonds!"
DeBeers.png

Crude. Crude, rude, and crass. You shall ADDRESS me by my PROPER title, as is BEFITTING a man of my rank and with my rrrrrregalia. Now I brought you in, New Jack, because I want the people of AMERICA and of HFBOARDS to know that I am an equal opportunity employer! You know I offered your job last year to Barack Hussein Obama - he doesn't have one after all - and he turned it down! Imagine that. Imagine that, turning down THE COLONEL. WELL I want to make things perfectly clear what I expected of you - by 6:00 SHARP I wanted my shoes shined. By 6:30 I wanted all my clothes for the day laid out. By 7AM I wanted you to have the car all clean and ready to go. The rest of your DAY would have been devoted to my beautiful diamond mines. Now New Jack, you are DISSSSSSSMISSSSSSSED as I already have ALLLLLLLLL the help I need from The KLANVIL The ANVIL!

Klanvil.png

Now if you WISH you may bring forth that interesting.... Cargill creature once again. She would suit my purposes.... very, very well. Yes I would know JUST what to do to... WITH her. Powerful body, those.... muscles, long legs, that smile with those full li.... PERFECT specimen for what I desire NEED! Her fiery nature is just the SPARK that is needed to light the DYNAMITE that opens up my mines and those beautiful, hard, arousing.... diamonds. The finest ebony diamond.... NOW ENOUGH OF THIS! I must summon my precious Klanimal and prepare for bigger and better things!!! KLANIMAL!

klanimal.png

BY CRICKET NOOOO!!! THIS.... THIS..... THIS INTERROGATION IS OVER!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
buff-bagwell-scott-steiner-wwe-legends-photography-ehimelrpph8czu09.webp

“Everybody knows that Big Poppa Pump is the original genetic freak. Dawn Marie knows, Missy Hyatt knows, Sunny knows, as do all the hoes, of Jack Slater Promotions. Here’s the thing though. They might be covered in mud after a night at Jack Slater Promotions, but after a night with the big bad booty daddy they’re covered in somethin’ else. Now as the genetic freak I only care about my freaks and my peaks. Still, the big bad booty daddy will give credit where it’s due and say that the only female genetic freak he’s seen in wrestling is none other than Jade Cargill. So Colonel De Beers, you can run your mouth all you want, but you’ll always be some old, out of shape, beret wearin‘ Jack Slater Promotions queen compared to the genetic freaks of the AWF. And make no mistake old man, everybody knows that the only things that ever came from South Africa are steers and queers just like that old queen Colonel De Beers!”

Promo%202.gif

“Step da f*** back, this my business. Now I know you ain’t talkin’ about this bitch because if you were I’d slap that scraggly ass mustache right off your face. And if that don’t get your ole queen ass to steppin’ we can always settle this in the ring. I’ll stick my foot so far up your diamond mine it’ll produce ten karats. Then after that you’ll get jaded and I’ll pin your dad bod ass 1… 2… 3… , because I’m. That. Bitch!”

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
After a tech issue-filled roll out, all first round cards are posted and I can finally read and vote.

Once votes die down and it seems at least every GM has voted, hopefully in every matchup, I'll look into posting round 2.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've gone and voted and left some comments on everyone's cards. Another fun year for the HF Boards draft. Little bit of controversy at the end with free agency. I'll be back to vote on the match-ups in future rounds, but as far as commenting goes, this does it for me for another year here as I sign off HF Boards during the hockey off-season. I think safe to say my 1st round match-up has been decided so congratz to @GKJ. Excellent card again this year.

Thanks again to @HandsomeHollywood for putting this all together.

Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad