HF All-Time Wrestling Draft X Discussion Thread

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
HFATD.jpg

Greetings, once again to all who inhabit HFboards. WrestleMania, the show of shows, the showcase of the immortals, the grand daddy of them all, the overbooked show that often underwhelms, is here again. And with WrestleMania goes the HF All-Time Wrestling Draft.

I am back for another year looking for eager GM’s to book their own show of shows and compete in head-to-head match-ups until one is left standing. Let me know if you intend to join by posting in this thread.

1. HandsomeHollywood
2. branimal84
3. Megahab
4. GKJ
5. JackSlater
6. CHgoalie27
7. Sheppy
8. BruinDust
9. Habsrule
10. Kaner9
11. les Habs
12. Burkiemaniq
13. mcfclee

For potential newbies, here’s what you need to know:

Rules:

1. One wrestler, all gimmicks. i.e If you pick Mick Foley, you get all of his gimmicks (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, etc)

2. The goal is to make the best card possible with your roster and secure the most votes from others round-to-round.

3. This will be 25 rounds. If you want to complete your card with unpicked wrestlers, there will be a free agency phase. More rounds of the official draft will be added if the majority of GMs are still picking.
2022 amendment, with the slow pace and several skipped picks, the 2022 draft will be 20 rounds.

4. There will be a tournament to determine the winner.

5. You can pick a tag team but you have to forfeit your upcoming pick to do so. You must also use them as a team on your card. E.g. Two Man Power Trip (Stone Cold & HHH would have to be used together, not as singles wrestlers).
5. b) You may select a 3 man tag team provided they have been explicitly referred to as a 3-man tag team as per the classic 3 man team rule. To select a 3-man team, you must forfeit your subsequent two draft picks.

6. There will be an 8-hour limit for every pick. (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM EST). Picks can still be made when the clock is stopped if it is your turn, however the user after you does not have their clock start until the designated times.

7. Trades are allowed. Picks can be traded. Trades should be kept between two GMs at a time.

8. You must PM the poster after you once you've made your pick.
Note; tagging a GM after-the-fact in an edit does not send that GM a notification. A PM must be sent.

9. This is a snake draft.

10. Match types count as picks and they are limited

11. Celebrities who have been involved with wrestling are fair game. They must have appeared in wrestling. Only celebrities who have wrestled are eligible to be booked as wrestlers however. Otherwise they can be booked in non wrestling roles.
2022 amendment: fictional wrestlers are draft-eligible.

12. Gifs, YouTube clips or images of wrestlers drafted are allowed, but picks must include the typed out name of the wrestler chosen.

13. Do not mention undrafted wrestlers in the discussion threads until the tournament begins.

Link to previous drafts:

Example of a head-to-head:

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The first like 4 rounds of the draft seems like it goes by quick. How often has the clock even come into play?

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I definitely don't want to introduce a warning system.
Last year a user took up all their time on purpose and we had an international GM with a huge time zone difference.

I think we'll be fine this year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don’t get banned and don’t miss your first few picks and we’ll be fine I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad