• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Just anoint him a C like we did with Drouin and defy all logic and common sense, that's really what we're good at anyways. Besides it's not like we're heading anywhere next year so we can do with a little experimentation...

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Keller is a winger
Well that's the question. He's a centre that started his NHL career on th wante wing, do they want to keep him there? Do they just want centre depth for when injuries happen? I wish we added and got Keller lol

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Are we officially the smallest team in the NHL again? What an imposing group of forwards, Danault, Domi, Drouin, Byron...DLR... Shaw, Lehkonin, Hudon... L O ****in L

The bolded really doesn't belong though. He might be our biggest forward save for McCarron.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
So what?? I read tbat too
Unless stepan is traded he won’t be playing centre
Stepan and Keller are 1 and 2. I guess he will be on the 3rd line
Keller played wing an they showed no intention of playing him at center last year. Maybe watch a few games before just googling positions.

Reactions: Peanut

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I think part of this is people specifically fans when they hear Domi they think of Tie Domi who was a grinder fighter 4th line player. While I haven’t seen Max Domi play, from what I read is he’s an offensive player.

So we didn’t trade an offensive player for a grinder. We traded an offensive player for an offensive player.

Galchenyuk never use his size played like a 5’9” player. Domi is 5’9”. Domi from highlights looks to be better fit for the new NHL speed and agility. Galchenyuk’s skating is average and like I said before reminds me of Andrei Kostitsyn’s skating.

Galchenyuk is two years away from UFA like Pacioretty last year.

Domi signed a bridge contract two years. After he will remain a RFA and we could sign him long term. This means he could be a Hab for at least 5 more years under the CBA vs Galchenyuk’s two years.

All in all I think we could be overrating Galchenyuk and underrating Domi. Galchenyuk produced when we were out of the playoffs in his 30 goals season and last season near the end. Domi has never been in the playoffs so it’s hard to compare.

Let’s just wait and see what happens. I expect us to be last place and draft Jack Hughes next season so bring it.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I think part of this is people specifically fans when they hear Domi they think of Tie Domi who was a grinder fighter 4th line player. While I haven’t seen Max Domi play, from what I read is he’s an offensive player.

So we didn’t trade an offensive player for a grinder. We traded an offensive player for an offensive player.

Galchenyuk never use his size played like a 5’9” player. Domi is 5’9”. Domi from highlights looks to be better fit for the new NHL speed and agility. Galchenyuk’s skating is average and like I said before reminds me of Andrei Kostitsyn’s skating.

Galchenyuk is two years away from UFA like Pacioretty last year.

Domi signed a bridge contract two years. After he will remain a RFA and we could sign him long term. This means he could be a Hab for at least 5 more years under the CBA vs Galchenyuk’s two years.

All in all I think we could be overrating Galchenyuk and underrating Domi. Galchenyuk produced when we were out of the playoffs in his 30 goals season and last season near the end. Domi has never been in the playoffs so it’s hard to compare.

Let’s just wait and see what happens. I expect us to be last place and draft Jack Hughes next season so bring it.
There's more to using size than just hitting people. Puck protection and reach are benefits of size that don't involve smashing people into the boards.

Everyone knows he's not Tie Domi. But he has trouble scoring goals and his assist production can only be considered "adequate", not on the level of Thornton or Getzlaf, or even Drouin.

Galchenyuk produced because he hot Pacioretty at the end of that season. The quality of player matters more than when a season is lost.

For a smurf, Domi has a long ways to go before he can produce like a Cammalleri.

His aggressive style also lends itself to injury, which means having good reserve players when he isn't on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad