Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
So what?? I read tbat too
Unless stepan is traded he won’t be playing centre
Stepan and Keller are 1 and 2. I guess he will be on the 3rd line
Too much depth is better than too little. Also, Stepan might be the odd man out since he produces too few goals to be considered a mainstay.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Chayka on Galchenyuk: “He’s has success playing the center position. ... I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play center.”

Oh man if Chucky succeeds at centre on the Coyotes it will be the cherry on the shit cake that has been Bergevins tenure. They should fire him mid game and make him pay for any memorabilia he wants to take with him.

Reactions: Habs178 and dralaf

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Too much depth is better than too little. Also, Stepan might be the odd man out since he produces too few goals to be considered a mainstay.
Stepan is a good second line centre. I don’t doubt at all that teams may be looking at him
It’s the only way Galchenyuk plays centre

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Stepan is a good second line centre. I don’t doubt at all that teams may be looking at him
It’s the only way Galchenyuk plays centre
Arizona is not competing for high stakes. They have many games to experiment. It makes more sense to accommodate developing Galchenyuk over placating Stepan, who has hit his ceiling and older.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Arizona is not competing for high stakes. They have many games to experiment. It makes more sense to accommodate developing Galchenyuk over placating Stepan, who has hit his ceiling and older.
That would mean Stepan will play wing or 3rd line. Neither will happen

As long as he’s there Galchenyuk will play wing
And you have no idea what Arizona is competing for. They need to win as well

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Also, the scoring logs show that Keller and Stepan played and scored together numerous times. So numerous, in fact, that Keller is already Stepan's winger.

Checkmate, buddy.
Checkmate?? You 12? Rookie year and being eased in.
He’s a centre. And he’s better than Galchenyuk as well

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
It's such a non Habs love the player post. He's gone man. No longer give a **** about him. I care about Habs players and wish Domi the best.
That's your opinion. I want to see Chucky flouish at center in Arizona. I want to see PK win a cup. I loved seeing Eller win his cup. All the players I gave a crap about are now gone! Don't you understand that??

I could not care less about this current Montreal team. You want to root for the crest good for you but I'm way over that. That crest currently represents losing and an owner that doesn't give a shit. The past winning versions of the Canadiens are a far off distant memory.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How many times are you going to say the same thing? Keller is a winger. He plays on Stepan’s wing. Galchenyuk will either get 1C or 2C depending on his camp, Keller will keep his spot on the top line wing. It’s not difficult.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

(MOD) If he is being eased in, he would starting on the third line or second as a center, not on the wing.
How can you determine if Keller is a better center if he played on the wing for practically the entire season? Christian Dvorak was their 2nd line center and given his lackluster production, Arizona would do well to use some better.

Clayton Keller Q&A: Coyotes rookie dishes on first year in NHL
CK: Derek Stepan is one. I've played most of my games [on a line with him]. He's been really great to me. He's really taken me under his wing and been there if I find myself in the defensive zone. He's always talking to me, which is nice. I think that really helps out a lot.

Interview was on March 22nd, 2018, so most of the season had passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That would mean Stepan will play wing or 3rd line. Neither will happen

As long as he’s there Galchenyuk will play wing
And you have no idea what Arizona is competing for. They need to win as well
Stepan was on the top line because Dvorak sucked and Keller was used as a winger. He is not a player who deserves a spot always reserved for him like a Crosby would. You may not like Galchenyuk, but coaches follow their own drum on who to put where in the lineup.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Chayka on Galchenyuk: “He’s has success playing the center position. ... I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play center.”

Every GM knows this except Bergevin.

6Vyndla.jpg

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
That's one thing I'm happy about, seeing Galchenyuk at center flourishing and succeeding like he should have in Montreal.
Claude Julien's knock on Chucky was that in the defensive zone, he wasn't responsible enough which led to his lousy plus/minus number. A very good centerman has to be a 200 ft forward because his wingers tend to want to break out the other way. I guess the Desert Dogs want offence so they'll put up with Chucky's defensive lapses.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Claude Julien's knock on Chucky was that in the defensive zone, he wasn't responsible enough which led to his lousy plus/minus number. A very good centerman has to be a 200 ft forward because his wingers tend to want to break out the other way. I guess the Desert Dogs want offence so they'll put up with Chucky's defensive lapses.

Then explain Drouin who was so bad in his own zone that he may be the single worst defensive C I've ever seen.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Well at lesst we know who are winning the sc next year.

Congrats galchenyuk you deserved it

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Well at lesst we know who are winning the sc next year.

Congrats galchenyuk you deserved it
The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the Habs fence. Arizona is full of rolling stones and moss. Case in point. Alexander Burmistrov was a top prospect with the Thrashers (Winnipeg Jets 2) who was finally traded (to the Coyotes) with the pundits saying he would flourish in the desert.

Alexander Burmistrov

Burmistrov with the Jets in 2016
Born21 October 1991 (age 26)
Kazan, Russian SFSR,
Soviet Union
Height6 ft 1 in (185 cm)
Weight180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)
PositionCentre
ShootsLeft
KHL team
Former teams
Ak Bars Kazan
Atlanta Thrashers
Winnipeg Jets
Arizona Coyotes
Vancouver Canucks
National team
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
NHL Draft8th overall, 2010
Atlanta Thrashers
Playing career2008–present
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Alexander Olegovich Burmistrov

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Max will feel the wrath of god if he doesn’t perform. Second year in a row that a mid June trade has ****ed me off.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad