OT: Hey gang

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not college. I'm thinking it's middle school. I remember when he was born--I met him in 2003 I guess, so I don't think he's older than 13 or so and Cabin Boy II (he had a name for him, too, but I can't remember it now) is around 11 from the pictures.

OK good I'm not as old as I feel :p

Seth is somewhat active on Twitter.
@slakepreds

Alas, aside from these boards I am a social media luddite (actually physicians are discouraged from having personal social media accounts)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Not college. I'm thinking it's middle school. I remember when he was born--I met him in 2003 I guess, so I don't think he's older than 13 or so and Cabin Boy II (he had a name for him, too, but I can't remember it now) is around 11 from the pictures.
I don't think my son was born when we were all meeting out there, and he's almost 11.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not by much.

I think I have all of you beat and I am fine with that...because "I'm still cute" (and if you get THAT reference you're old, for sure!)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I do. That was great fun. I think I got a virus or two from the site, but it was worth it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Pinball was my thing.

I have never been able to play video games except for Death Race 2000. I guess it was the combination of pedals and wheel instead of buttons. Great fun--the concept was running over stuff in your path--but it was racist and ageist. I think it was pulled after about 2 months.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
GOAT arcade game was//is Centipede (HM to Dragon's Lair, Robotron and Defender). When I Was a kid growing up in Greenville, I used to get $20 a week as an allowance. Every Saturday like clockwork, I would head to the bank and exchange the $20 bill for two fives and a roll of quarters, stop at 7//11 for a giant Slurpee and some form of snack food, then go dump all my quarters into the local cabinet.

centipede_side.jpg

It is still my dream to actually own one of the cabinets. I actually kinda feel bad for kids today. They will never know the joy of going to a traditional arcade. The dark, futuristic, neon lights, the smell of sweat mixed with the smells of fountain pop and various flavors of potato chips. The one high school kid who knew all the moves in either Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat, who always had a crowd of grade and middle schoolers crowded around him, watching in venerated awe. And a host of other things, that would take too long to list. Man. Those. Those were the times. I'm 33 and I am almost too young to remember the real hay-day, but those days were awesome. I was lucky enough to have a subscription to Nintendo Power when I was young, and I was treated like royalty on the playground because of it :laugh:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
GOAT arcade game was//is Centipede (HM to Dragon's Lair, Robotron and Defender). When I Was a kid growing up in Greenville, I used to get $20 a week as an allowance. Every Saturday like clockwork, I would head to the bank and exchange the $20 bill for two fives and a roll of quarters, stop at 7//11 for a giant Slurpee and some form of snack food, then go dump all my quarters into the local cabinet.

centipede_side.jpg

It is still my dream to actually own one of the cabinets. I actually kinda feel bad for kids today. They will never know the joy of going to a traditional arcade. The dark, futuristic, neon lights, the smell of sweat mixed with the smells of fountain pop and various flavors of potato chips. The one high school kid who knew all the moves in either Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat, who always had a crowd of grade and middle schoolers crowded around him, watching in venerated awe. And a host of other things, that would take too long to list. Man. Those. Those were the times. I'm 33 and I am almost too young to remember the real hay-day, but those days were awesome. I was lucky enough to have a subscription to Nintendo Power when I was young, and I was treated like royalty on the playground because of it :laugh:
My two best friends live near Tacoma, Washington and when I go up to visit we go to this place: http://www.dorkysarcade.com . It has pizza, more than 100 beers, and over 100 old school arcade games in their original form. It's friggin awesome.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

centipede_side.jpg

and before Centipede there was Missile Command, the grandaddy of trackball gams.

went to high school with a guy who could drop one quarter into MC and play til the arcade closed(which of course pissed off the owners and the rest of us who wanted to play... so the arcade hired him to keep him off the games LOL)

I was good at Tempest and Tron. Decent at Galaga and Joust. Never could get the hang of Defender.

Like you I always wanted a game in my home, either Tempest or Galaga... or else the Flash Gordon pinball machine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad